• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
I have 3090 gaming OC which I got on release date. Currently getting regular Crashes to desktop. Initially thought it may have been boosting problems but even with updated drivers and downclocking I'm still seeing the issue. Will be checking the power connectors tomorrow to see if they maybe contributing.

I saw this in your thread... i am intrigued if its the connectors causing the problem for you.... will know once you have a look

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
I have a 9 month old Corsair HXi 1200W, it's barely breaking into a sweat. It could be an issue I guess but will be one the last things to check, my old PSU in the loft unfortunately won't cope.

I very much doubt its your psu but you never know .. and the pins look fine on the card and that's a good plan to wait it out until there is good stock and so to get the new connector box .

It may have been said in the other thread of yours ..but have you tried the card in another pc ? or maybe try different pci e power connector out of the psu and cables i assume there is more than 2 ..

Associate
OP
What I haven’t fully understood are if all are affected by this issue. I’ll pick my card up tomorrow, but will most likely take a loss and sell it as I’m scared of this issue.

If you sell it new unopened ..you will make money not take a loss..these are in high demand.

I' m having two 3080 gaming oc arrive to me tomorrow.
I'm in Sweden and have heard from a few people over at sweclockers.com that they have had no problem with their cards and they also just recieved them.

Yeah its hit or miss if people will have a problem with the connector box but the problem is there . My guess is that Gigabyte pulled fixed a lot of the 1st batches. Or that there is not a lot out in the wild yet ..hard to say

Associate
OP
I don't have the exact info, I can say, that any stock that arrives from now onwards will have the upgrade connector.

Ok ..that's a shame and a little disappointed tbh ..However myself and others need a way to know if where on the old faulty or new fixed block.

I understand that any new cards sent out going forward will be fixed but for me and i guess others there will always be that doubt in the back of there minds.

If HQ is not willing to give you that information then there nothing we can do but to self investigate

I am however very grateful with what help you were able to offer re all this @GIGA-Man

Thx again all for sharing your serial info so far .. i guess where going to have to investigate this ourselves so to work out when the fix was made and which serial numbers apply to this.

So anybody with any of these cards listed on the op with or without problems please post your serial numbers in this thread and state if your card is working ok or have a problem.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so just to clarify for everyone and any one new here

WK39 & onwards will have the revised block anything WK38 and below is on the old faulty block.

So check your serial number which will start with year 20 then second number is the week.

Associate
OP
So tested the first card 3080 Gaming OC, workes fine and the power connectors went in like a charm.
All pins were straight.
I noticed something when I looked at the cables they do not look like the ones I have seen from other cards.
Mine have some kind of shrinkhose on them.
Image:
yyaJr16.jpg

interesting .. Not sure if the others had heatshrink on them.

Associate
OP
All the none AORUS cards did have it, there was some mixed stock in WK38 production which was why I didn't include that as a viable date in my previous post. The image in the above post is a good representation of the old version, here is the new version but it's not easy to see in the cards. We are now testing each card connector 10 times before shipment.

Untitled-1.png

Thank you

Associate
OP
Guys. Finally i ordered Gigabyte Gaming 3090 . There was in stock 1 card only. I payed by fast transaction in bank. Card will be in 2 days on my house. How can i be sure if coonectors are ok?? Is any way to check?

so just to clarify for everyone and any one new here

WK39 & onwards will have the revised block
anything WK38 and below is on the old faulty block.

So check your serial number which will start with year 20 then second number is the week.

Hope this helps

I will update the OP with this information

Associate
OP
But he have WK38 and told its fine. So ?:)

Yes some people will have problems others will not on the faulty connectors ..its kind of pot luck if any of the pins ungrimp ..but eventually they will depending how many times you re plug in..

Personally everybody should get there cards revised on onto the new connector block

the dates where confirmed by the rep

Associate
OP
Just found this thread but I'm pretty sure the connector on my Week 35 3080 Gaming OC caused this on my power supply...
IMG-2644.jpg

Ouch sry to see this .. yes this needs some investigating for sure ..Have you contacted Gigabyte yet ?

Also what was the connector on the Gpu like ?

@GIGA-Man might need to see this if you have not already

Associate
OP
Hey all, just picked up my Gigabyte OC 3080 yesterday from Best Buy and I'm just seeing all of this now. My serial falls under #2037 which apparently is no good. Before I knew about this problem, I plugged in the gpu to my current 650w PSU just to make sure the card was good, and have a new Corsair 850w coming tomorrow that I planned to install in my machine. I see some Gigabyte reps in here helping from the UK, but I'm wondering what I should do here in the U.S.? The idea of sending this out and waiting x number of days after getting this checked is disheartening to all hell, but this is clearly dangerous and I don't want my machine to go faulty because of it. Can someone direct me to where I need to go to get this resolved asap? Thank you!

Edit: Forgot to tag @GIGA-Man for help

Welcome to the show .. the reps here can only deal with people in the UK ..Gigabyte are well aware of this problem..so my best advice is contact Gigabyte in the US main web site ..if you have an account with them even better ..

The turnaround here in the UK is quick to get the connector block replaced .so should be the same for the US at a guess ...

But i would make sure to whom you have contact with is to confirm what they will do and how long it will take to get the card back to you with the new block

hope this helps

Associate
OP
I emailed their services center in the U.S. and will be awaiting a response this week. Should I just hold off on setting it up now with the new PSU coming tomorrow? Do you have any info on how long this takes to replace? I hate the idea of sending out this brand new card through ups man. This whole situation blows.

There was a chap on here ..and took 3 to 4 days turnaround but again that was UK ..

totally agree with you there it is a horrid situation to be in.

Not sure what to advise really ...personally if i had spent good money and then had to send it back with only just getting it .. i would most likely just get a full refund and wait until all this dust settles and see what AMD brings to the table.

I hope you get it resolved

Associate
OP
When you say 3-4 day turnaround, is that from the time he got the card to them to when they sent it back? Or is that turnaround just referring to them acknowledging that they received it.

Was on the thread i quote

"It was back with me on the third day. So turn around was quick. It would still be sitting at OC waiting for stock replacement if Gigaman hadn't offered to help."

Back
Top Bottom