• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700K OcUK Stock and Binned Processors

Soldato
I bought it from a popular auction site a long time ago when I was thinking of getting a 7700k, don't see it listed anymore, was £21, does the job. You having trouble sourcing one? I don't see that many listed anymore.

I've managed to get hold of a der8auer die mate 2 from a friend. Looks easy enough, lets see what this chip can do!
I've had it at 5ghz @1.32v and it seemed stable enough until it started throttling lol.

Soldato
I've managed to get hold of a der8auer die mate 2 from a friend. Looks easy enough, lets see what this chip can do!
I've had it at 5ghz @1.32v and it seemed stable enough until it started throttling lol.

No doubt I’ll do it with a Stanley blade :D though probably not after the pub like my last one (still did a fine job tho).

Associate
Now the good news, I've worked with the various UK distributors to do some switching, I posted several pages back we would expect 10-20pc of 8700k retail/boxed this week and around 42 units of tray (they come in 21's), well I've managed to de-allocate some of our tray stock in exchange for more retail stock. Then I found another distributor who had stock, the reason they had stock is because they want £20 on top of the regular price so other retailers refused to buy due to the extra cost, we shall swallow the cost and get more of our pre-orders shipped out who purchased a regular boxed product.

Got mine today and would just like to say massive thanks for sorting this out. Although this has been a terrible launch I would say Ocuk have stepped up to try and make up for intel's balls up.

I've shopped with Ocuk for a very long time, and although I have never had any issues like this it isn't going to put me off buying in the future (although maybe not immediately after another inevitable intel rushed release).

Hopefully the stock should sort itself out soon :)

Associate
@Gibbo Anyidea when the next batch of 8700k retail cpu's are due as i missed mine been dispatched from the last lot even though i preordered on the day of release

Associate
@Gibbo Any idea why some people who ordered later (7th, 9th) have has theirs dispatched but some.people who ordered on 5th haven't?

Kinda annoyed by this... Surely the effort of being an early bird should have paid off - do they just choose orders to dispatch by alphabetically or something?

Will be really annoyed if I don't get mine in the next stock...

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo Any idea why some people who ordered later (7th, 9th) have has theirs dispatched but some.people who ordered on 5th haven't?

Kinda annoyed by this... Surely the effort of being an early bird should have paid off - do they just choose orders to dispatch by alphabetically or something?

Will be really annoyed if I don't get mine in the next stock...

I pushed all the orders through and they were all showing as 5th orders. According to my system there is still ten orders remaining from 5th, as such it makes no sense to me as every order I pushed through were all placed on 5th and the 80 chips were not enough to clear all the 5th orders as we got 90 orders.

I've secured more stock, had to pay £295 per chip but 30 incoming for Monday/Tuesday which should cover all orders placed upto 10th October on regular retail.

8 Pack also has tray product to bin when he returns so binned processors should be available again later next week, though we have quite a lot of backorders on those as well.

I have a few hundred 8600k tray, which 8 Pack shall commence binning also next week, I may also make these available to order online as don't see binned i5 being as popular as i7.

Associate
I pushed all the orders through and they were all showing as 5th orders. According to my system there is still ten orders remaining from 5th, as such it makes no sense to me as every order I pushed through were all placed on 5th and the 80 chips were not enough to clear all the 5th orders as we got 90 orders.

I've secured more stock, had to pay £295 per chip but 30 incoming for Monday/Tuesday which should cover all orders placed upto 10th October on regular retail.

8 Pack also has tray product to bin when he returns so binned processors should be available again later next week, though we have quite a lot of backorders on those as well.

I have a few hundred 8600k tray, which 8 Pack shall commence binning also next week, I may also make these available to order online as don't see binned i5 being as popular as i7.

Sounds promising! And yeah, if you're paying a premium for a binned product you may aswell spend the money for the best base model.

Associate

Thanks for getting back so fast - does sound strange about the orders. Let's just hope the rest of people who.orderes on the 5th get theirs next week!

Associate
Just got my CPU, not able to test until the MB comes in but the packaging and the box itself were squashed as if someone had been jumping on top of it.

I assume it'll be all right but seems like it was handled pretty roughly.

Associate
OP
Just got my CPU, not able to test until the MB comes in but the packaging and the box itself were squashed as if someone had been jumping on top of it.

LOL that's a joke. Did you sign for it? If you did then GG, I work all day with delivery from all sorts (DPD, Parcel Force, UPS) and have never seen some thing like that.

Last edited:
Associate
I wasn't at home when it arrived so unfortunately someone did sign for it not knowing what it was. To be fair, the outer bag itself was perfectly intact so you wouldn't have been able to guess the state it was in and I actually assumed that it was a case fan I had ordered due to the shape of it. I was pretty shocked myself.

Soldato
LOL that's a joke. Did you sign for it? If you did then GG, I work all day with delivery from all sorts (DPD, Parcel Force, UPS) and have never seen some thing like that.
You work with deliveries from all sorts and you've never seen an outer box crushed?? You haven't been paying much attention or else you're telling a porky pie.

why would the poster be trying an insurance blag?! He's not going to get anything extra out of so your statement makes no sense.

Edit: Why did you edit out the part you thought it was an insurance blag? You realise how silly it seemed?

Soldato

I wasn't at home when it arrived so unfortunately someone did sign for it not knowing what it was. To be fair, the outer bag itself was perfectly intact so you wouldn't have been able to guess the state it was in and I actually assumed that it was a case fan I had ordered due to the shape of it. I was pretty shocked myself.

:eek:

Looked like someone you knew may has grudge against you, they signed delivery then they probably cutted through parcel or seal to peeked inside, took out 8700K CPU package and possible stole your Haribo and ate it then they stamped their feets on parcel and 8700K CPU package so hard. Would be much worse if someone poured powerful acids on it burned and dissolved your parcel and the CPU.

After ordered my 8700K on 6 Oct and received track number on Wednesday, I went to DPD site to enter my parcel track number but noticed site has Your DPD app for iOS and android I not aware of it let you track DPD delivery in app. I downloaded it on my phone then entered my email and then added my profile details. Your DPD app profile Neighbour Delivery Preferences in Manage Address have a option "Do you have a neighbour we should avoid?" I knew only 1 of my neighbour who has long history of grudge against my mum, dad and me after she put up very tall fence we did not approved without agreement then mum reported her to council and council ordered her to took down tall fence, she also vandalised my mum back garden for years with powerful acids over fence and mum reported her to police so she did it all the time. I ticked her address so DPD now has it on my file that DPD drivers will avoid my neighbour from hell on all deliveries.

You can see who signed your delivery in app, if they signed your name instead of their name then you should report to DPD and they will interview driver who delivered your parcel to find out which house it was delivered and signed for then you will know who damaged your delivery and you can add your address for DPD drivers to avoid it.

Here my delivery pictures took on Thursday.

JVK4LLI.jpg

now9f7Q.jpg

Associate
When I said someone I meant someone in my family, which turned out to be my mum. I wasn't home at the time of the delivery.

I've created a thread in the support section to see how they want to handle it, so I'll stop clogging up the thread.

Also, I'm not sure why anyone would try and accuse me of trying to scam the cost of the CPU back seeing how if my plan was to make money then I could have easily sold it on ebay. I obviously want the thing for myself.

Back
Top Bottom