• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700K OcUK Stock and Binned Processors

Associate
Any update on retail availability for someone ordering today? Page says ETA: 19th OCT when hover over but description says November.

Ordered one from a site that ************ said had in stock and was shipping in 2-3 days last week but that seems like they just lied to get quick pre-orders because their site quickly changed the listing to pre-orders and no update since or email reply. Considering doing a paypal refund claim which im sure i'll get since they lied and haven't communicated with me, so wondering if i can get one sooner from here :).

Soldato
380£ for 8700k? Srsly?
Why not? Supply/demand. With all the upset people recently re: stocks, I jokingly predicted £400 by November :). If people are going to get upset about not getting one on day 1 they'll pay £400 for one is along the lines of what I said.
Sure, prices will eventually settle back to £350 probably.

Associate
What does pre binned mean ? Does it mean you have to clock it at 5 ghz ? or is it just saying they have checked it and you can clock it at this speed if you wish too do so ? But am i right in saying you can just run it at normal clock if you wish too do so ?

Associate
lets be honest here O/C are making loads of money on these CPU ! I come from a retail background and they will probably buy these CPU i7 8700k at 50% Less the RRP so around £150 nett each.... I don't need to do the maths they are making a massive profit from doing this, the thing is we will still buy them because we want the Best Gaming Pc :)

Associate
lets be honest here O/C are making loads of money on these CPU ! I come from a retail background and they will probably buy these CPU i7 8700k at 50% Less the RRP so around £150 nett each.... I don't need to do the maths they are making a massive profit from doing this, the thing is we will still buy them because we want the Best Gaming Pc :)

No chance for 150£. Its around 200-250 atm if not more. Imo

Soldato
What does pre binned mean ? Does it mean you have to clock it at 5 ghz ? or is it just saying they have checked it and you can clock it at this speed if you wish too do so ? But am i right in saying you can just run it at normal clock if you wish too do so ?
You can of course run it at the normal clock speed if you wish to but could be deemed a waste of money - might as well get one non-binned, ideally retail which you know has not been part of a binning process. Even OEM/Retail have some additional headroom anyway, just not proven via binning.

Last edited:
Associate
Any update on retail availability for someone ordering today? Page says ETA: 19th OCT when hover over but description says November.

Ordered one from a site that ************ said had in stock and was shipping in 2-3 days last week but that seems like they just lied to get quick pre-orders because their site quickly changed the listing to pre-orders and no update since or email reply. Considering doing a paypal refund claim which im sure i'll get since they lied and haven't communicated with me, so wondering if i can get one sooner from here :).

Gibbo said all orders up to the 10th should be shipped by now (my one shipped today like he suggested it would last week). I imagine that is the bulk of the backorders, and it sounds like there should be more stock arriving this week and being available. check the quote at the bottom for full details.

Intel listed wholesale retail at around $300 dollars per chip when bought in bulk IIRC. Definitely not getting them at £150 a chip, but sure making a bit more dough than usual, though it's low quantity so probably not as good had there just been a ton of stock available at launch.

Infact, for both you and leon, check this Gibbo quote.

I pushed all the orders through and they were all showing as 5th orders. According to my system there is still ten orders remaining from 5th, as such it makes no sense to me as every order I pushed through were all placed on 5th and the 80 chips were not enough to clear all the 5th orders as we got 90 orders.

I've secured more stock, had to pay £295 per chip but 30 incoming for Monday/Tuesday which should cover all orders placed upto 10th October on regular retail.

8 Pack also has tray product to bin when he returns so binned processors should be available again later next week, though we have quite a lot of backorders on those as well.

I have a few hundred 8600k tray, which 8 Pack shall commence binning also next week, I may also make these available to order online as don't see binned i5 being as popular as i7.

OcUK Staff
380£ for 8700k? Srsly?

Yes because they now cost us £308 +VAT to buy now as the distributors who have stock are gouging the price, which is fair enough those guys normally make 0.5-1% margin on a processor, so though I do not agree with them charging me more, I fully understand why they take the opportunity to make more money at any opportunity they can.

As such I am not going to make a loss, but to be blunt we are making zero, our business cost us 4% in operations if you pay by credit, amazon or paypal, only debit cost us less due to much lower merchant fee. As such they cost us £308, we charge you £316.66, after any credit card fee's we pay, we break even, I am being more than reasonable with price but were not a charity and nothing is free in life, except the Haribo. :D

Permabanned
One think i thing is bad about how OcUK have binned CPU's is many ppl who pre ordered didnt receive CPU's and was told to wait for more stock.
This is not the overclockers i remember.
if you was taking pre orders then all the pre orders should have been sorted before money grabbing binning started.

Soldato
One think i thing is bad about how OcUK have binned CPU's is many ppl who pre ordered didnt receive CPU's and was told to wait for more stock.
if you was taking pre orders then all the pre orders should have been sorted before money grabbing binning started.
I believe the staff have already gave a satisfactory and honest answer over this matter and have also took action to get pre-orders out.

Associate
other places have increased their prices as well not just OCUK. Some places have them £390 pre-order, other has 15 pieces in stock at £465. As much as I don't like the whole price gouging thing, I also think it is not very fair to blame on OCUK alone.

Associate
Yes because they now cost us £308 +VAT to buy now as the distributors who have stock are gouging the price, which is fair enough those guys normally make 0.5-1% margin on a processor, so though I do not agree with them charging me more, I fully understand why they take the opportunity to make more money at any opportunity they can.

As such I am not going to make a loss, but to be blunt we are making zero, our business cost us 4% in operations if you pay by credit, amazon or paypal, only debit cost us less due to much lower merchant fee. As such they cost us £308, we charge you £316.66, after any credit card fee's we pay, we break even, I am being more than reasonable with price but were not a charity and nothing is free in life, except the Haribo. :D

I do understand and I dont blame you guys. Its silly how Intel did made bad release with those cpus. They did rush and didnt get stock ready which effect price so much. I would need to wait if its possible price will go lower as it was with 1080ti. Fingers cross but this i8 gen works so well I dont really see the point of going 7700 and all thanks to amd. Gibbo nothing aiming to OCUK from my post but just reaction to price jump over days. Looking forward to see it back to normal before Christmas ;)

Associate

Imo we shouldn't stress so much about it as problems with stock everywhere is from Intel not shops like OCUK. They do the best to get them and to shop with them but there are stronger forces which make us suffer not them :)

Back
Top Bottom