Alien: Isolation...

Soldato
Every time this thread gets bumped, I remember how bloody awesome the game is. Top 5 all-time for me!

It's up there with 'Deus Ex' and 'Half Life' for me !!

So jealous of those playing this in VR, yet also sadistically happy knowing it must be substantially scarier :D

Soldato
Have to add also that this game inspired me to buy the first two Alien films (which I've not watched in... donkey's years).

I've watched them back-to-back tonight, and I think I'd actually forgotten how brilliant they are in their different ways - tense, claustropbic horror in the first and perfectly pitched dark action film in the second. It's odd to think that whenever I was asked to list my top five films, Alien and Aliens never even registered as possibilities.

This game, though, has reignited my enthusiasm for the Alien films, and having watched them again it's increased my admiration for the game in terms of how much of the feel of the films it managed to carry off.

Have to say that at the moment I'm very much with those who've been lauding this as one of the top 10 or 20 games of all time.

Soldato
This passed me by all those years ago but based on the positive posts here just picked up the Ripley version on eBay for £13. Went for the PS4 one as the controller tracking adds to the atmosphere apparently.

Caporegime
In all my days, I've never noticed that on the DualShock 4 (light bar / motion tracker). The old controller has the light bar in a place that you can't even see it unless you keep holding it up towards you. Maybe it works better with the newer version. I should give it another whirl to see.

Soldato
I really want to finish this game, but I'm at a point where whenver I sit down to play I feel too tense and end up doing something else. I love it, but I'm obviously more of a wuss than I realised!

So many androids, so few bullets.
And knowing, of course, that you-know-who is not gone for ever and is going to burst back onto the scene at any moment!

Edit: ok... had another half hour before leaving for the footie. Glad I did. Another great, atmospheric level.

Last edited:
Soldato
The dlc isn't great
The "Last survivor" one is pretty awesome, it recreates Ripley's escape from Nostromo. Mothership's voice ("you now have... fiiiive... minutes"), Weaver's singing "my lucky star" as she negates final few corridors... Very nicely done! Although the main game is the biggest star of the season pass, that is for sure.

Soldato
The "Last survivor" one is pretty awesome, it recreates Ripley's escape from Nostromo. Mothership's voice ("you now have... fiiiive... minutes"), Weaver's singing "my lucky star" as she negates final few corridors... Very nicely done! Although the main game is the biggest star of the season pass, that is for sure.

It should have been included with the game. Not like Witcher 3 dlc bigger dlc than most entire games.

Associate
I finally got my brother to figure out Steam sharing. We have a lot of different games and this is one that he has and I want to play it.

Do you require VorpX to get this running in VR? I have an Oculus and a back catalogue of games that I'd like to try out in VR. Some with native support and some without.

Back
Top Bottom