• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

I used the prism with the with a ryzen 5 3600 then a 5800X for about 2 years before I replaced it with the phantom spirit evo and it was fine even with the 5800X overclocked to 5ghz.

If it was fine then why did you upgrade? Obviously the noise normalised performance wasn't fine, and you proved my point that most people will want to upgrade or already have a better cooler.

If it was fine then why did you upgrade? Obviously the noise normalised performance wasn't fine, and you proved my point that most people will want to upgrade or already have a better cooler.
I only upgraded because I got a deal on the thermalright Phantom spirit EVO rgb for £26.

I didn’t technically need an upgrade but NH D15 cooling performance for £26 was just to good to pass up.

Never mind all that AM5 stuff with 24H2, Zen 3 seeing any gains would be nice surprise. Of course if all Zen3/4/5 gain the relative positions may not change - but it would a nice final nod to AM4!

Still, really should give Linux a chance some day.
Join me, I've been using it for a while. :D
The secret is now out of LtMatt's high benchmark scores! Or at the recent ones!

"Zen 5" will see the biggest boost, but this Windows update will improve performance for "Zen 4" and "Zen 3" as well. We're collaborating with Microsoft to roll out this optional update to all Windows 11 users soon.

I'm guessing there's little chance we will get this for windows 10?

Its Microsoft, they want you on Win 11 where they can watch you watching Cat gif's, so no.....

Be interesting to see how Intel chips do with 24/H2. If they don't get a boost, the benchmarks will not look good.

Already tested by HUB, the Intel gain is zero, other than in Gears 5 but they think that's a problem with the game, its still less of a gain than AMD.

Last edited:
Its Microsoft, they want you on Win 11 where they can watch you watching Cat gif's, so no.....

Already tested by HUB, the Intel gain is zero, other than in Gears 5 but they think that's a problem with the game, its still less of a gain than AMD.
24/H2 also has some GPU related improvements so Intel should benefit from them. Software will probably have to use the new extensions though.

Last edited:
It's something to do with sending data to the GPU. Cannot remember where I read it, some developer blog I think.
k :)

Heh. Those Cinebench scores were done on 23H3 tbf, not expecting them to change on 24H2.

Hey Matt _____ Microsoft, all this should never have been a thing, shouldn't have to go chasing Microsoft up to fix their stuff, they work perfectly in Linux without this Male Bovine Manure.

AMD optimised Linux "Ryzen OS" now's the time for it as increasingly Windows users are looking to switch.

How many headaches are Microsoft constantly causing both AMD and Intel? they can't be relied on.

Last edited:
Installed the 24h2 update and now mafia definitive edition won't load, just stuck on black screen, other games seem fine. Anyone had similar?
Last time I used insider program about a year or so ago (so probably for 23h2) a couple of games wouldn't work at all. Can't remember which ones other than Assassins creed valhalla which peed me off as it was my main game at the time

k :)

Hey Matt _____ Microsoft, all this should never have been a thing, shouldn't have to go chasing Microsoft up to fix their stuff, they work perfectly in Linux without this Male Bovine Manure.

AMD optimised Linux "Ryzen OS" now's the time for it as increasingly Windows users are looking to switch.

How many headaches are Microsoft constantly causing both AMD and Intel? they can't be relied on.
I wonder how many people here already use Linux?
I wonder how many gamers here use Linux?
I wonder how many gamers would use Linux and what's stopping them currently? Is it a bit like the console argument where some people just want the simplicity offered by Windows?

Full fat SteamOS will be awesome for gaming only machines when they finally release it, as always it comes down to support and cost of that support though. Perhaps they'll launch it with limited hardware config support in BETA or similar, as at the moment all the need to support is a single AMD SKU that does both jobs.

Full fat SteamOS will be awesome for gaming only machines when they finally release it, as always it comes down to support and cost of that support though. Perhaps they'll launch it with limited hardware config support in BETA or similar, as at the moment all the need to support is a single AMD SKU that does both jobs.

Valve have confirmed they are developing SteamOS for competitors handhelds, such as the ROG Ally, Asus are dumping Windows and going SteamOS, there is also a renewed interest in SteamOS as a standalone ISO.

Back
Top Bottom