Anti War demo's this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Originally posted by [ASSE]Arnie01
Exactly, I said I don't like the way they go about it, not what they have to say........

On the other hand, my flat mate just told me the righteous crew all sat down in the middle of a busy crossroads in the middle of manchester. FRICKIN WASTER ******** I WANNA JUST GO THERE NOW AND TELL THEM HOW MUCH OF A PAIN IN THE *** THEY ARE.

What the **** is sitting down in a cross roads stopping traffic gonna acheive!!!!

Edit: Can you tell how much i hate them?

And your hate makes you strong.

Join me, together we will rule the Galaxy ;)

S

Permabanned
Exactly, I said I don't like the way they go about it, not what they have to say........

On the other hand, my flat mate just told me the righteous crew all sat down in the middle of a busy crossroads in the middle of manchester. FRICKIN WASTER ******** I WANNA JUST GO THERE NOW AND TELL THEM HOW MUCH OF A PAIN IN THE *** THEY ARE.

What the **** is sitting down in a cross roads stopping traffic gonna acheive!!!!

Edit: Can you tell how much i hate them?

Do you hate all anti-war protestors because of the actions of a minority of foolish ones who disrupt things?

Soldato
You're not reading what I type pal!!!!!

I already said i don't hate them because of their views, I said I hate the way they go about expressing them. THIS IS WHY I HATE THEM, THEY BLOCK TRAFFIC COS MAKING OUR LIVES HELL WILL APPARENTLY SOMEHOW STOP THE WAR.

Go back and read everything before you make these comments in future. Can't beleive i'm explaining myself twice :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
You're not reading what I type pal!!!!!

I already said i don't hate them because of their views, I said I hate the way they go about expressing them. THIS IS WHY I HATE THEM, THEY BLOCK TRAFFIC COS MAKING OUR LIVES HELL WILL SOMEHOE STOP THE WAR.

Go back and read everything before you make these comments in future. Can't beleive i'm explaining myself twice :rolleyes:

Douse them with iced water from a water cannon. Better still douse them with petrol and chase them all home with a burning match.

May the power of the flower be with you all

Associate
OP
I actually happen to agree that blocking roads is not very productive action, but people are VERY ****** off now with this, and it's all they feel they can do.
I should know, my g/f was up all night shouting at George Bush on the TV, and is now out protesting in town (where she's been all day). She's not even a soap dodger, she's on 50k, but has a conscience.

Soldato
Its the majority that disrupt things. Its all of em. It's every single stinking "never taken a shower" one of em. I didn't see any anti war protestors just standing on the pavement. I saw em walking down all four lanes of Oxford Road, one of the more busier roads I know about. So I think that makes em disruptive.

Personally, I disagree with views of anti war protestors. What are we supposed to do? Sit down with Sadam and talk to him? Oh well jee whizz, what have we been doing for the past god knows how many years!! Don't go saying "Oh, we found no WOMD, therefore he mustn't have any". He's had long enough to work out how to hide them from us.

Other protestors say "Britain might be attacked because of this war". Ah, ok. So you guys are admitting that countries like Iraq DO have weapons that could cause a country like us damage? OK so why should we not go in and try to remove the evil dictator?

"Protect the civilians". Oh sorry, our intention was just to go in and kill them :rolleyes: Give me a break. Sadam puts his armies and weapons NEAR civilians in the hope that we won't bother attacking. There comes a time when you have to take a chance, so this is what we have to do. Weapons nowadays will be so advanced that civilian casualities will be at a minimum. A much smaller amount of what would potentially be if Sadam was left in control to kill his own people for much longer.

Soldato
Originally posted by BuckEye
she's on 50k, but has a conscience.

Would it play on her conscience if she knew that us not going to try and remove Sadam Hussain from power would result in the murders of innocent Iraqi people by their own leader? Or would it not bother her seeing as it wouldn't affect her personally :rolleyes:

Selfish if that is the case ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea, brothers, turn ye to peace and allow ye protestors to ram their beliefs down thy throat. Capitulate unto their wisdom and follow them into ye light away from darkness.

May the power of the flower be with you all

Man of Honour
I actually happen to agree that blocking roads is not very productive action, but people are VERY ****** off now with this, and it's all they feel they can do.
I should know, my g/f was up all night shouting at George Bush on the TV, and is now out protesting in town (where she's been all day). She's not even a soap dodger, she's on 50k, but has a conscience.

tbh, people are gettin more peeved off with protestors sitting in roads.

Associate
OP
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
Would it play on her conscience if she knew that us not going to try and remove Sadam Hussain from power would result in the murders of innocent Iraqi people by their own leader? Or would it not bother her seeing as it wouldn't affect her personally :rolleyes:

Selfish if that is the case ;)

She grew up in Libya, and has friends across the Middle East. Her parents are in Saudi now. She and they know more about the region than you or I ever could.

S

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Over Clocker
tbh, people are gettin more peeved off with protestors sitting in roads.

I think that may be the point. Since the population of Britain has allowed the war to go ahead, they must share some of the Iraqi peoples pain. I guess that's what it's down to anyhow. Maybe you should pop out and ask a protester. I can guarantee they'll be a LOT around this evening.

S

Man of Honour
I think that may be the point. Since the population of Britain has allowed the war to go ahead, they must share some of the Iraqi peoples pain. I guess that's what it's down to anyhow. Maybe you should pop out and ask a protester. I can guarantee they'll be a LOT around this evening.

S

I'd rather ask a protester this:

"Would you care to comment upon the use by Iraq of a banned (by UN Resolution) weapon which they have repeatedly denied possessing?

"

btw, a reporter asked a head protester a question yesterday regarding why she is protesting, and what she would would rather see happen. Her answer, was to look embarassed and stay silent.

Soldato
they must share some of the Iraqi peoples pain
S

What? I don't share any of their pain. Us trying to protect them should give them hope, not pain. The war is a good thing.

Those who say "oh think of the Iraqi people" irritate me immensly. Going about their own every day lives before talk of this war was even mentioned, people wouldn't give two flying dog craps about the Iraqi people when they were still dying due to mistreatment by their LEADER. Why all of sudden when the US and UK want to oust Sadam Hussain and protect the Iraqi people are we the bad guys?

Some people :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
So why is she against the war if she knows what the place is like? If Iraqi people are trying to get out the country then it can't be such a rosey place after all can it? :rolleyes:

It's not great, but nor is it as bad as we've had it made out to us. I think people are trying to leave the country now because it's about to get bombed back to the stone age. The guys who had it tough before, are the Kurds, and frankly it's not just Saddam having a go at them. Turkey has a fairly bad record in this area too, but we don't talk about that because we want to fly planes out of there.

S

Permabanned
Originally posted by ratface
Dont you ever get fed up with everyone telling you that you are talking out of the wrong orifice

I find it tiring arguing the case against the war on this forum, because the majority here are against it, and a large proportion resort to patronising and insulting language in response.

I've learned that the fact a majority believe something to be right, does not necessarily mean it is right. This war is a clear example of that. The arguments against it are irresistible and overwhelming yet the pro-war people ignore the mass of evidence which conflicts with their entrenched blinkered position.

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Over Clocker
btw, a reporter asked a head protester a question yesterday regarding why she is protesting, and what she would would rather see happen. Her answer, was to look embarassed and stay silent.

Can you give me a link to that please? I know a few 'head protesters'. Could be my g/f even, she's interviewed enough at the mo.

S

Man of Honour
Buck, if you really feel for the plight of the Iraqi people, why not talk the millions who have been displaced by Saddam. Even before the Gulf war 1.

Do you know the fear they felt. Do you know haow hard it is to move from your home, knowing any of your family you leave behind will shot at dawn??

Do you Know??

I ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom