Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
Yeah, has anyone played the DLC for Odyssey? Are they as good as the Origin ones?

Haven't played Atlantis yet, waiting for all of it to come out. For the previous one, I liked the first 2 episodes, but the 3rd one was abysmal and completely soured me on the whole thing (but I did play as Alexios, and did want to do what you were forced to do, so that's why I liked the 2nd episode as well, rather than hate it like a lot of people, especially those who played as Kassandra). Personally, I really like the cult system aspect in Odyssey though, so that also helps. I actually really hope they keep using & developing it.

The free DLCs integrate quite well and seamlessly into the game, and they're worth doing, even if they're not spectacular epic adventures or whatever. They're very appropriate to the game, I feel like.

Soldato
The free DLCs integrate quite well and seamlessly into the game, and they're worth doing, even if they're not spectacular epic adventures or whatever. They're very appropriate to the game, I feel like.

Definitely. Add to that the new mercenaries and ships and imo what they have done with Odyssey is pretty great, and something I'd like to see continued. If I find myself bored at some point this week I'd happily stick Odyssey on for an hour and do the weekly additions.

I've even come round to the idea of the Oikos vendor fella. Each week they put up some new quests/tasks that reward you with Orichalchum and you use it to either get a new epic piece of gear or one of those mystery boxes. Unintrusive and works for me.

Soldato
Yeah, has anyone played the DLC for Odyssey? Are they as good as the Origin ones?

First arch was a mix, lots of high's and a few low points but overall Legacy of first blade is worth it, integrates seamlessly and does mesh very well into the overall storyline.

Loving Atlantis more however, there is an element of a story here which will mesh's into one of the endings in the main game and is a base for providing more context. But really like Curse of the Pharaohs, its all about being able to explore beautiful new locations and bring back some further characters from legend. Like it more then Legacy of first blade, but partly may be down to the fresh location.

On balance, would not say they are better or worse then the Origin DLC as they were pretty fun also IMO.

Associate
Is this still an utter dog to run as per the reviews or has performance been improved after patches? I'm desperately trying to find something to play seen as I'm laid up after surgery. I like open worldy games like the new metro, fallout and far cry style.

Associate
I think performance is fine - there is a video on best graphics options which works well for optimization. I have a bit of an oddity with my install, tried running it again whilst waiting for Origins to download. It did patch in the Ubisoft launcher but isn't on the latest version with new game+

Caporegime
I think performance is fine - there is a video on best graphics options which works well for optimization. I have a bit of an oddity with my install, tried running it again whilst waiting for Origins to download. It did patch in the Ubisoft launcher but isn't on the latest version with new game+

I tried mine for the first time since Christmas, it's got New Game+ and also Lost Tales of Greece and Fate of Atlantis quest. I thought they were part of the season pass which I don't own. Maybe they made a boob and gave them away for free?

Soldato
Is this still an utter dog to run as per the reviews or has performance been improved after patches? I'm desperately trying to find something to play seen as I'm laid up after surgery. I like open worldy games like the new metro, fallout and far cry style.

The game isn't that bad to run BUT it's not made for 60 & up FPS targets, so if you're happy with 30-50 FPS, it's no problem.

Caporegime
Has anyone played this in New Game+? I know that your skills, equipment and resources carry over but are the cultist side quests redundant because you can't upgrade your spear any further?

Soldato
Has anyone played this in New Game+? I know that your skills, equipment and resources carry over but are the cultist side quests redundant because you can't upgrade your spear any further?

Not quite redundant, you get the items they drop again levelled-up, which at higher levels is quite significant in terms of resources.

Soldato
What's controller support on this like, fully supported. Also will gtx 1070ti handle 1440p 60hz ?

Controller support is great. Use an Xbox one x controller and it’s perfect. Works great for the game (as it does with most these types of games to be honest.

Yes a 1070Ti will be fine. May need to tone down some of the demanding settings like clouds, but should be able to maintain most the settings at a good level while keeping FPS at 60hz. Hardware unboxed have a review showing impact of each setting, can help you tweak until you maintain a smooth 60 FPS. https://youtu.be/chqQanHcvHk

Associate
Controller support is great. Use an Xbox one x controller and it’s perfect. Works great for the game (as it does with most these types of games to be honest.

Yes a 1070Ti will be fine. May need to tone down some of the demanding settings like clouds, but should be able to maintain most the settings at a good level while keeping FPS at 60hz. Hardware unboxed have a review showing impact of each setting, can help you tweak until you maintain a smooth 60 FPS. https://youtu.be/chqQanHcvHk
Ah that's great to hear, thank you very much for that link....much appreciated :cool:

Back
Top Bottom