DF's PC optimised settings video is now up. Gonna jump back in with some of these for 5160x2160 Unobtanium for voumetrics, shadows and particles, whilst having some other stuff like some of the reflections on optimised as they only seem to affect precision rather than quality, and that gains a rather nice fps boost too.

*Edit*
Lmao, can't post the link or video embed because the PC-police have banned the word "w.o.g" which is part of the video URL just by chance. So google it yourself!

Last edited:
First Na'vi teabagging you'll ever see :cry:

2VxhhlV.gif

The map in this game is probably the best map implementation I have seen in any game so far. It's easy to navigate and make heads/tails of the terrain as it shows elevation in a 3D way and everything is pretty clear I also like that it uses the current weather condition outside as well for a bit more immersion.

t571Y4E.jpg

There are other areas too that remind me of Doom or idTech games such as inside RDA buildings using RDA weapons, something about the colouring and depth of field that just reminds me of something Doom would employ.

FWQD6lK.jpg

23 hours in now, must be nearing the end.

Last edited:
Coming back to PC gaming with a new GPU and monitor, I’m thinking of getting this as a returning game (plus BG3). Is it any good?

Will be keeping my PC mainly for FPS and strategy type games.

Last edited:
Just installed & first time used FSR3 frame gen with 7900xt & wow. Apart from glitching with none organic stuff like text, FSR3 frame gen is fine & really helps performance.
I play games in what I call 'butter mode' (as smooth as), with black frame insertion to get a completely blur free movement like a CRT & being able lock 60fps is important else the slightest drop stutters badly... Much smoother than 120fps in game mode! Once you see, you can't unsee.
This game, even with some unobtanium settings still locks 60fps & never ever drops... It's like watching an 80's TV show of blue gorillas in the jungle on a CRT but in 4k.

Only a few niggles until I figure them out:
*Have to exit MSI afterburner to change the frame gen option, then reload with Afterburner enabled.
*Game benchmark is pointless with frame gen as reports 38fps even though doing 60 as noted by none stuttering motion.
*Normal gameplay at a locked 60fps near total max settings 4k the GPU runs around 1700Mhz 80%, but completely maxing out settings & the GPU rarely goes over 2000 80% (default clock 2500) & CPU around 5% but can't hold 60fps. Maybe the old AM4 platform with DDR4 is a bottleneck?
*The 5800X3D has a cup of tea in this game & rarely goes over 5% usage & often runs at 3.6Ghz, even though using the undervolt method to boost at 4.6Ghz.
*While every other game runs fine with a GPU 2951 overclock inc a Port Royal loop & Prime95 running for a hour this game often crashes to desktop but crashes less often with the GPU at stock, so going try no Afterburner & total sock.
*Frame gen adds some lag, which was just about ok with the Samsung QN90A in standard picture mode (to enable BFI) + a BT joypad, so going try wire the pad.
*If paused & the BT xbox pad naturally powers off the game forgets you're using a joypad & won't use it again until reloading. Expect game patch to fix.
*Can play at a locked 60fps with no frame gen with at high settings & still looks great, just no Navi reflections in water. The GPU then behaves as expected & can peg it at 100%, but I prefer games hover around 80% to accommodate the odd spike.

What are the best settings in AMD 23.12.1 drivers? Such as HyperRX

Contemplating picking this up as my New Years Eve treat to myself, snowdrop is one of my favourite engines and I suspect this will look awesome in 4k, I do hear some folks saying the game itself is a bit boring though which is a concern, however I've 100%'ed the AC and Division and Farcry titles so I am clearly not averse to UbiGameplay :D

Its £40 on Epic with the discount coupon, I assume thats the cheapest around?

Edit : Ooh its co-op too, I had no idea it was co-operable

Last edited:
Now this game I can get into. It’s absolutely stunning.

Everything on ultra and it seems to be holding up well so far.

What is frame generation? Seems to be set to off.

I just paid for a months Ubisoft+/whatever the call it these days to give this a go.

What a game, feels like below 60fps maxed out on my little 3060 TI @ 2560 x 1080 but my god it's pretty, story is a bit meh but visually, it's incredible!

Edit: Just ran the benchmark - Looks like my 3060 TI is a bit weak for this game.

aeTozAwh.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom