Call of Duty 17: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
Thanks Captain.
Could you please post your specs as well?
It would be great if you could test this out in the first scene where you are in the bar with Adler and the German police guy.

Associate
Does anyone know what the DLSS resolution upscales from if you're playing at 1080p?

Edit: More info, a friend is running the game at with resolution set to 1080p with DLSS on and since I'm unfamiliar with DLSS and how you configure it, I don't know if he's

a) running the game at 1080p, making it 'look better' with DLSS and outputting a 4k image then output to 1080p, kinda like DSR i suppose but without having to fiddle with the resolution setting

or

b) He's running the game at some resolution less than 1080p, using DLSS to upscale 1080p and outputting that image.

I assume it's the latter, especially because he's getting ~20 more frames with DLSS on than off.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is really bizzare.

Can anyone give me the typical fps range they see in the first scene of this game with everything on full inc. RT?
Im at 3440 x 1440 and it bounces around worst case high 40s up to mid 60s.

If I take RT off, (and if I turn off FPS limiter due to Gsync at 117FPS) I can get between 105fps up to 140fps.

I thought DLSS is supposed to be helping with FPS even with RT?

Doesnt seem to be the case?

Caporegime
Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms .connect [192.168.1.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 3346 ms * * 137.221.65.77
8 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms 137.221.78.55
9 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 185.60.112.157
Trace complete.

ne0

ne0

Associate
This is really bizzare.

Can anyone give me the typical fps range they see in the first scene of this game with everything on full inc. RT?
Im at 3440 x 1440 and it bounces around worst case high 40s up to mid 60s.

If I take RT off, (and if I turn off FPS limiter due to Gsync at 117FPS) I can get between 105fps up to 140fps.

I thought DLSS is supposed to be helping with FPS even with RT?

Doesnt seem to be the case?

Yeah you should get more FPS with DLSS on if you're using RT.

Man of Honour
Ok just playing the VietCong level...
Blimey the games went right down to high 30s FPS but this is with everyone on highest levels and DLSS on balanced.

What do you all get?

I'm finding mine to be all over the place with a 3700X and 3080; I think I kind of expected it to be a bit more "consistent"; will need to have a dig around the graphics settings and see what I need to tweak.

Associate
yeah u can on pc if u go into options its somewhere in there

Thank you found it.

I am having terrible stuttering issues now since the last update especially so when I tried Nuketown (borderline unplayable due to stutters). I have a 5700xt graphics card, 32gb Ram and Ryzen 3700X. I have tried reducing the VRAM usage as I saw this suggest some where but seems to make little difference.

Is anyone else using a 5700xt GPU, would be interested to hear how you are getting on and what settings you are using.

Cheers

ne0

ne0

Associate
I hugely recommend people take the time to forward ports for this game and use a static ip.

I recently changed router and forgot to set up my port forwarding again - had a couple of games and the stuttering was horrendous; rubber banding, connection issues errors, etc.

Closed down the game and set up port forwarding again so I had an open NAT type and it was like a whole new game with buttery smooth gameplay and no issues at all.

Really does make a difference so I recommend doing it if you haven't already.

Associate
Hey all

I'm trying to decide between redeeming my code for this, or trying to swap it with someone for Watch Dogs Legion

I play absolutely zero multiplayer. Never been interested

Is the single player campaign worth it in your opinions?

Associate
Hey all

I'm trying to decide between redeeming my code for this, or trying to swap it with someone for Watch Dogs Legion

I play absolutely zero multiplayer. Never been interested

Is the single player campaign worth it in your opinions?

My lad completed the single player in CW in about 10 hours or so - its a pretty short campaign. If you're not a multiplayer type person I'd suggest trying to swap for Watch Dogs Legion you'd probably get more out of that. Unless you like really short single player FPS games?

Back
Top Bottom