CoolIT Systems - 240mm ECO info

Associate
Thanks mate.
Just 1 other query. I am getting my 240 with the quad fan kit which comes with a pwm adaptor that allows you to run all 4 fans off the motherboards cpu header. Is this safe to do ? I normally use something like the following which takes the stress off the motherboard as the fans are powered by your psu's 4pin molex, but you still maintain pwm control from the cpu fan header. Of course this solution is messier then the ECO one as I would need an additional 2 to 1 pwm splitter to power the 4th fan, which I have.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-031-AK&groupid=701&catid=48&subcat=153

Ta

I'd say that it depends on your mobo...
But if it were me, I'd prolly use the adapter just to be safe!

Soldato
Arrived today. In fact I have a 240 and a H70. Have not had a chance to try either as I have been having problems with my overclock. Will get to it tommorrow.

Soldato
Both impulse buys. Have the H70 a week and not got around to it. Still in shrink wrap. And to be honest with the tubes about 2 inches shorter then my H50 and my H50 mounted on the roof I bet it's going to give me trouble mouting it. The ECO 240 arrived today.

Associate
OP
Hi Guys, glad to see some guys are getting their 240's in. Really looking forward to the results!

Our tests have shown that even our standard ECO in push pull intake vs H70 was almost a dead heat so yeah very interested in seeing what you guys get w/ the 240 in standard, push/pull and intake configurations.

Regarding price, we are constantly working to get the production volumes up and cost down so as time goes on its going to keep on creeping down.

Cheers,

Barry @ CoolIT

Man of Honour
Associate
You cant believe anything anymore, anyone linked to a manufacturer is going to point you to a reviewer, who is supported and most likely not wanting to give up that support, so gives a BS review.

I'd like to see an independent review of both.

Soldato
We are all waiting for Flanno to test them all.:D

Well I got my Eco and installed it last night. I will say one thing, the moulding around the screws for the pump are a hindrance. If you don't line up perfectly you could end up screwing it into your motherboard. Obvioulsy I wouldn't be that dumb, but I do see the point of 1 guy who posted either on the Coolit or Hardforums about this. Apparenly he nuked his Classified trying to mount it.

Will take some pics today as had to redo cable management, and also post up some temps after running Intel Burntest. I did notice straight away that at idle my CPU is at least 5 degrees cooler then the H50. Also no annoying Corsair pump buzzing noise (i've had at least 2 H50's and they all buzzed to some degree), though the PWM control does make the ticking noise noticable now on the Vipers. I've installed 4 of them in push pull, and a 5th, all into cpu fan header. Posted a thread in this forum asking if I set it up correctly so would appreciate some responses.

Regarding the H70, I returned it in the end. To be honest I couldn't be bothered testing it. The short tubes also annoyed me. I know it would perform better then the H50 with the loud stock fans but from all the reviews I have read on hardforums,xs and a few other places, comparing like for like (fan wise) doesn't yield huge gains and a lot of people have said the H50->H70 upgrade was not worth it. Besides the ECO 240 just looks plain cooler :D

Will post some pics and results in the afternoon. Was hoping I'd have my Corsair AX1200 too but not till next week it seems :( Ta.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi Guys,

I couldn't really make sense of the HWC #'s either and have asked for a clarifcation but even though I do believe integrity exists and in most cases (and definately at HWC) is actually very important amongst reviewers, what I like to see are actual results from end users as well.

Perhaps I shouldn't have gone out and said what we saw in the labs.. I dont want to start a he said she said thats for sure. What I would suggest anyone who is interested and capable do - is take ECO or for that matter a H50 in push/pull intake w/ the same fans as you use on an H70 in push pull intake and make your own decisions.

ps. That is a 120mm ECO mind you.. the ECO-C240 will have even more headroom when used as intake or even push pull intake.

Regards,

Barry

Last edited:
Associate
Barry i am struggling to create an account to take part in the coolit forums and yours is the only site i am having problems with is there a problem at the minute ?. All i am getting is mysql errors everytime i try and create an account and i am not into all that so don't know how to resolve it on my end if i can.

Soldato
Ok..here we go

Very impressed. I ran IntelBurnTest on Max 5 times as that is what I ran my H50 on. This is not a stability test as I know my overclock is stable.

Anyway, the cores generally stayed between 60 and 65 degrees according to Realtemp and Eleet. The max 1 core reached was 71 degrees. But that was a fluke. Generally low to mid 60's was about the average. This is at 4.2 ghz. My H50 with Vipers in Push pull got into the high 70's. My vcore under load is 1.30, and my VTT doesn't go over 1.35. This is with vdroop off. So a win for the ECO 240 if you ask me.

I'm running 4 Akasa Vipers in Push/Pull and a 5th Viper is linked to it. So all 5 fans adjust their speed according to CPU temp. At idle they stay under 800rpm. Under load they went to 1500rpm and all I can hear is air!! :) The remaining fans in my case are all Noiseblocker Pro PK2 140mm 1200rpm fans hooked into my fan controller, bar the bottom fan which is a Noiseblocker 120mm for cooling my raptors.

Idle

Load

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thats quite impressive Flanno, id like to see how this cooler would perform on a 45nm i7, as i suspect the 32nm chips would be a bit cooler running? A very neat and compact unit as well by the looks of it.:)

Back
Top Bottom