Desktops!!

There are other programs that can do what samurize does. Such as avedesk and object dektop and konfabulator. They can all be made to do similar things. For me samurize is the best though :)

Samurize does need to be installed in order to control (and run) the samurize scripts. It wont interfere at all with stylexp as theyre separate.

If you have a config showing the cpu usage etc it will be in realtime yes.

Hope that helps :)

like tolien said!
and as a tip for actually using it: just play around with it thats the easiest way to learn it and find out what you can do and what you cant. and dont worry about making your own config right away, i didnt write my own until id just modded about 10 others id downloaded lol

i was feeling a bit grey today and although its probably the most pants my desktops looked in the last few days im sharing it anyway lol

230104.JPG

if you actually want any of this let me know lol

Originally posted by Chong Warrior
Right I've got one running, it's monitoring CPU speed, RAM usage, HDD, Network all correctly, plus displaying various info on my system.

Tried taking a screenie and everything shows up but samurize:confused: it's as if it's a ghost. Tried taking a screenshot of desktop and window but neither show the samurize stuff.

Any idea's why?

mine did that. i pinned my config to the desktop and then it worked okay. (right click the samurize icon go to position and its in there somewhere)

Originally posted by matrix3412
I don't know which part to adjust... under select function to run I choose 'CPUSpeed' and then it asks 'please enter value for computer name' I don't know where to get that from. Thats also the problem im having with the gfx card.

thats odd it should find those values automatically from your device manager list... :confused:

ill see if its a bug in this version or not

feeling black.....so black! lol

found this dsx theme which looks pretty cool. i know its not running in the screenshot but i have an objectbar theme for it too

250104.JPG

i'll be posting another screenie using shinobi soon. just finding the right icons and wallpaper to go with it.

as ever if you want anything....let me know but if possible host it when youve got it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by DigitalWerkz
uberskilled...u have got skillz aint ya lol. :p ..v nice mate :D

thanx mate!!

heres another.

250104blackblue.jpg

-wallpaper as before except now modded to blue.
-VS is a beta called smoothstripes black (a great theme!)
-samurize is a mixture of labels, volume control and HD space.
-icons are from various packs (i'll be releasing my own pack soon with a set of what i consider to be the best! (maybe ill even make it for icon packager if ppl want that))

hope this keeps ppl that like dark themes happy :)

Last edited:
Hi people!!

Someone asked me for my email script so i decided why not add hotmail support and release to the masses lol (this also features the ability to open your chosen email app when clicked. i forgot to add instructions on this so if you cant figure it out get in touch it wont take me long to explain)

mailboxpic.jpg

Get it here

Enjoy! Any problems get in touch :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Chong Warrior
I'm having problems with Samurize, it just doesn't feel stable at all. Just seems to do whatever it pleases, whenever it pleases:(

It'll just dissappear from the desktop completely, right clicking the icon in my toolbar doesn't do anything, just as if it's locked up.

On reboot it'll take everything with it and revert back to my old wallpaper, remove the screensaver and my theme will go to one I've never even used before. Similar to normal windows but different colours.

Any idea's?

I had the problem you were having when i had no icons displaying on the desktop. its not samurize i dont think. mine has locked up occassionally but there will be a minor release to fix that. do you have icons displaying on your desktop?? if not change it so that system icons such as recycle bin reappear and then remove them using gpedit rather than right clicking the desktop and unticking "show desktop icons"

sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick after all that lol but im in a rush on the way to 6th form and thought id try and help on the way out

lol!!

looks good mate :) i forgot how much i like that wallpaper!

i take it from lack of response that no one likes my latest blue setup??? (in which case ill not post anymore of those lol):p

also im currently finding out if i can do it. but im writing a sticky on modding your computer to a mac theme including links to the programs, themes, icons etc etc it will be comprehensive!! :)

Last edited:
okay first off you need to create 3 shortcuts to samurize in the startup folder. then onto the end of the filepath you need to add config 1, config 2 etc etc for as many instances as you need.

eg. (original) "C:\Program Files\Samurize\Client.exe"

becomes

"C:\Program Files\Samurize\Client.exe" config1

then run each of these 3 shortcuts from the startup folder and select the script you want to use for each one of them. then the next time you restart it will start up each samurize with the script you told it too.

if you dont manage it talk 2 me in msn lol!!

heres the blue slightly updated. with a new samurize script too!

260104.JPG

enjoy! let me know if you want the samurize :)

also ill be removing the mailbox script soon (if anyone was bothered about it anywayz) as i need the space so anyone who's got it host it for others plz thanx.

Back
Top Bottom