• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

Associate
Hi fellas

Here's my contribution to this thread. This is the sweet spot for my chip.

Q822A435¦ 4.400 ¦ 1.32 ¦ 1.2125 ¦ 60 ¦ TRUE 120 ¦ Maximus II Formula ¦ Vaderat-at ¦ http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e8600440runload1320zv5.jpg

Here is a screenie of my setup at idle after Prime Blend test.

I was running an E8400 @ 4.230 (470x9) with 1.32V under load before I installed this cpu which (percentage wise) is a higher clock but I prefer running 4.4 24/7 ;)

Soldato
Damn these are some nice clocks you lot are getting. I bought an E8500 yestreday but think I'm gonna call OCUK tomorrow and cancel and pay the extra for the E8600.

The guaranteed stepping and high multi makes it irresistible.

Man of Honour
Damn these are some nice clocks you lot are getting. I bought an E8500 yestreday but think I'm gonna call OCUK tomorrow and cancel and pay the extra for the E8600.

The guaranteed stepping and high multi makes it irresistible.

People have been recieving E0 stepping E8500's from here too. I would wait to see what turns up. You may save yourself £50.

Associate
OP
Hi fellas

Here's my contribution to this thread. This is the sweet spot for my chip.

Q822A435¦ 4.400 ¦ 1.32 ¦ 1.2125 ¦ 60 ¦ TRUE 120 ¦ Maximus II Formula ¦ Vaderat-at ¦ http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e8600440runload1320zv5.jpg

Here is a screenie of my setup at idle after Prime Blend test.

I was running an E8400 @ 4.230 (470x9) with 1.32V under load before I installed this cpu which (percentage wise) is a higher clock but I prefer running 4.4 24/7 ;)

Thanx for your contribution, and respect for regging to post your result,

Updated

welcome to the forum :)

Soldato
If this is inadmissable because I'm still learning/tweaking, feel free to ignore vis a vis the database; but if nothing else it's a nice shot just to show my progress so far :) I thought you might want to include it anyway, and "if/when" I beat it you could just update? Anyway, here it is so far showing 10 1/2 hours prime (blend) stable:

4-2-orthos-stable.jpg

Q820A670 ¦ 4209.5 ¦ 1.328 ¦ 1.25 ¦ 49 ¦ Air - OCZ Vendetta 2 120mm ¦ Biostar TPower I45 ¦ Rainmaker ¦ http://www.rainmakersrealm.com/images/rig/4-2-orthos.png

CPU-Z Validator.

Last edited:
Soldato
Again nice results all! :)

Just a little point, I noticed a few of you are submitting Prime *Blend* results in your screenies. The Blend test is still a good un' but normally when your concentrating on giving the CPU a good beating the Prime Small FFTs test is a bit better for showing off how robust your CPU is and also how good your cooling is as Prime Small FFTs is the test that stresses/heats up a CPU the most (out of the three Prime tests that is!).

Maybe if your gonna compare stuff with others it would be a good idea to compare results from the same test? So get ya Prime Small FFTs results up and if you feel like it post up your Blend results too, both would be good but the Small FFTs should take priority! :o

Also a few nice photos of peoples rigs/test beds wouldn't go amiss! :D

Associate
OP
If this is inadmissable because I'm still learning/tweaking, feel free to ignore vis a vis the database; but if nothing else it's a nice shot just to show my progress so far :) I thought you might want to include it anyway, and "if/when" I beat it you could just update?

np m8, updated.

will edit your result to your 24/7 when you're ready

Associate
Thanx for your contribution, and respect for regging to post your result,

Updated

welcome to the forum

No probs, nice one mate!

Just a little point, I noticed a few of you are submitting Prime *Blend* results in your screenies. The Blend test is still a good un' but normally when your concentrating on giving the CPU a good beating the Prime Small FFTs test is a bit better for showing off how robust your CPU is and also how good your cooling is as Prime Small FFTs is the test that stresses/heats up a CPU the most (out of the three Prime tests that is!).

Maybe if your gonna compare stuff with others it would be a good idea to compare results from the same test? So get ya Prime Small FFTs results up and if you feel like it post up your Blend results too, both would be good but the Small FFTs should take priority!

Here we go Big.Wayne...

http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e8600440runloadstableoceb5.jpg

Anything more than 4.4 requires a voltage north of 1.34 and with that comes the heat. Approaches 72C while priming so 4.5 is a no go for me.

Soldato
I'm strugggling atm also. I've found some settings posted by someone with the same hardware as me (E8600/Biostar mobo) and they got me past the 4.2 barrier I was suffering. I can prime (small FFTs) at 4.3 at the same volts (1.35 ish) and stay in the 40s temp wise.

4.5Ghz boots to Vista desktop and is fine for browsing etc, but fails prime within 1 minute at those volts, and within 5 minutes at 1.4 vCore :( I've already juiced up the FSB and chipset volts so it looks like I've hit the max this CPU wants to run at without insane volts, I think?? Shame though 'cos I still only got up to 55 degrees even at the 1.4 vCore.

Hopefully I'll find a way around it though :)

EDIT: Best 'not stable yet' run... I'm learning, though ;)

4-5-unstable.png

Last edited:
Associate
that's a good result and an awesome screenshot! Don't see many screenies like that anymore . . . Kudos!

LOL, thanks Big.Wayne. I try my best.

I realise this has probably been asked waaay to much but what is the general consensus for people testing their E8600 (keeping it on topic) for stability? Prime vs Orthos? What about OCCT? I get the feeling from this forum that OCCT is not up to par. Am I correct?

Associate
LOL, thanks Big.Wayne. I try my best.

I realise this has probably been asked waaay to much but what is the general consensus for people testing their E8600 (keeping it on topic) for stability? Prime vs Orthos? What about OCCT? I get the feeling from this forum that OCCT is not up to par. Am I correct?

There's no difference mate, Orthos is Prime with a user interface built on top.

As for OCCT, imo it's not up to par, but it still has its uses though.
why not intel burn test?
My last e8600 could pass IBT all day long but would fail prime after a few hours, so for that reason...I'm out. :D

Associate
My last e8600 could pass IBT all day long but would fail prime after a few hours, so for that reason...I'm out. :D

Good one.

I did use IBT on my current overclock after Prime passed 8 hours and it passed 5 rounds with no errors. My temps went up to 75C which is 15 degrees hotter than anything else I tested with. I have read 15 minutes of IBT is supposed to be equivalent to 40 hours of Prime. Whether that's true or not is anyone’s guess.

Back
Top Bottom