• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Associate
help!!

Received my gto2 today and connected it all up, ran the iso file as per instructions, but it takes it straight to the a/ prompt - not giving me any options first.

I tried typing in the line that you gave but it shows 'invalid command' etc and does nowt!

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Associate
Locutus12 - Would your iso work for the Connect3D X800GTO as well, or is it strictly for the X800GTO2 / R480 core? If the later, would you be willing to put together an iso for the Connect3D or would that be too difficult considering you don't have one?

Associate
Hi there I'm not into overclocking graphics cards but I've overclocked cpu's for a few years, I have never played on a pc until recently, thinking of one of these gto2 cards.

What I'd like to know is when you overclock the card after unlocking the pipes do you have to overclock on each boot up or is there a way to make the overclock hold like we do when overclocking cpu's in the bios?

Is there also a way to modify the BIOS flash to increase the timings?

Thanks for the effort you've put into this it all seems very easy to understand with the exception of the overclock bit.

Soldato
merkin51 said:
Locutus12 - Would your iso work for the Connect3D X800GTO as well, or is it strictly for the X800GTO2 / R480 core? If the later, would you be willing to put together an iso for the Connect3D or would that be too difficult considering you don't have one?
Look here :)

Soldato
kimandsally said:
Hi there I'm not into overclocking graphics cards but I've overclocked cpu's for a few years, I have never played on a pc until recently, thinking of one of these gto2 cards.

What I'd like to know is when you overclock the card after unlocking the pipes do you have to overclock on each boot up or is there a way to make the overclock hold like we do when overclocking cpu's in the bios?

Is there also a way to modify the BIOS flash to increase the timings?

Thanks for the effort you've put into this it all seems very easy to understand with the exception of the overclock bit.
If you use ATi Tray Tools you can set it to overclock the graphics card every time Windows starts, you can also use the same program to alter timings. :)

Hope this clears everything up, take my word for it that overclocking a GPU is a hundred times simpler than overclocking a GPU.

Associate
heeelllllppp......

I get to the startup screen saying [DR-DOS] A:\>

but what next?

If I enter '1' it says 'command or filename not recognized'

If I enter 'flashrom -f -p 0 x80016p.bin' I get 'command or filename not recognized'

If I then go into windows, it still shows 12 pipes....

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
locutus12 said:
erm, if you e-mail me the standard connect bios and modded bios then sure, the only reason i havent done it is i havent come across mthe modded bios for the GTO... but basically i can make a fash util for any card now provided people give me the bios update and the original. send them to my e-mail in the trust. oh and yes, using a PCI card should allow you to flash back fine :)

Sorry to nag Locutus12, but have you had any luck makingan iso for the Connect3D cards? I'd so much rather do it with one of your CDs than the whole floppy + flashrom thing, considering I'm not experienced on that front.

Associate
I haven't been able to supplie him an original bios (as I posted) ,so maybe you can? :) (got the card now but no mbrd etc)

merkin51 said:

Check out the post I made further up regarding this exact point & his replie :p

Exsomnis

Hope this clears everything up, take my word for it that overclocking a GPU is a hundred times simpler than overclocking a GPU.

lol :D

Associate
Hi is the link on the first page down?? I have downloaded it but there is nothing inside the .rar folder. If anyone could point me in the direction of file locutius uses I'd be greatly appreciative.

The tech power up site confuses me :(

Last edited:
Associate
Well another success here locutus12, I downloaded your cd followed your instructions and in less than 1 minute it was done.

Thank you for the effort you put in which has know made it so easy for us to do, to be honest I had tried flashing a GPU card a long time ago and gave up I would not have tried this on a brand new card if you hadn't made the files for us.

Thanks agian I really am very pleased with my card which I haven't pushed too far but in ATI tool it goes to 612 / 630 which seems a crazy speed my old x800xl did 452 / 544 and that cost me £235.

Back
Top Bottom