*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
Or I'm a newb and didn't notice :p is that why when you kill the last, your character gets a red glow for a second?

Yes, you get a blue and red glow ( depends on which flasks get refilled ) after wiping out a group of enemies. Sometimes after just killing one larger monster eg. stone troll.

Soldato
Anyone rocking any good strength weapons yet? I'm at 20 str and looking for something hard-hitting with a nice moveset. Found a claymore that has a good poke on the stron attack, and seen someone selling a zweihander for 3000 runes. Also have a colossal sword that takes a lot more str than I have to wield, but I think I may need to replace my old lordsworn greatsword.

Soldato
Makes you feel like you may as well just run through dodging the enemies to get passed them.

yeah in these games you usually clear out a camp or area, pick up all the loot then move on. Can just run past most mobs and there's sites of grace all over the place

Associate
Can someone explain something to me.

I approach a camp, slowly kill all the enemies, using every potion I have to clear out the camp. I need health as I'm low, and potions, so go rest at the grace that was right at the start of the camp, and now every single enemy is back. So I have to go through, slowly kill all the enemies, use my potions again, rest to get them back, and once again, everything is back.

Where's the fun/point?

I think the point to basically all the FromSoftware games is to subvert the handholding easy-mode of games nowadays. You used all your potions to clear out one camp, so you can't be particularly high level. There'll be a point where you basically one shot them all, or can read every one of their attacks to take them on without having to worry about sneaking around, but of course you need to put in the time to be at that level. You can't expect to be at that level after what, 10 hours? If that? It's like any other RPG really.

Associate
I don't understand how people are buying this game and complaining about the gameplay. It's Dark Souls in an open world setting. Most people know what they are getting, that's why they purchased it on launch. If people are stupid enough to buy a game they know little about then it serves them right, they should have at least bought the older Souls game to see if they would like the gameplay.

In terms of the game itself, it has been a typical Souls game so far which is great but the graphics and performance has been ass. No way this is 10/10 if you are taking things like story, gameplay, graphics, game performance etc to formulate a score from. Gameplay has been great so a 10/10 for that is acceptable but the rest is much lower, like 7-8/10, I don't get all the 10/10 from most people. From Software obviously don't give a rats-ass about PC games as why the hell don't we have ultrawide and above 60FS support?

Associate
Is there a way of aiming stuff like the throwing knives, I feel like when I'm throwing them they just hit the deck in front of the enemy I supposed to be aiming for?

Associate
will this get you banned if online?
There is nothing to be banned for that I know of.I only changed the attributes and added 20000 runes and did nothing else,no quest,speels,fights etc. So they are just like starting a new game.Not bannable at all.I did use offline mode to makes saves,because I am using unlocker FPS.Now FPS unlocker would be bannable.

Associate
If only ever played offline, hopefully that mod will be fine, but those starting stats are insanely overpowered.

I'm a lv 37 Vagabond with these stats having beaten Godrick and many other bosses:

Vig: 20
Mnd: 10
End: 18
Str: 27
Dex: 16
Int:9
Fth: 9
Arc: 7

So your modified starting starts are incredibly high, like starting the game at lv 50 or more, the game is mostly well balanced, but you have to grind sometimes, some areas are not possible without levelling up, but there's so many other areas to explore you can level naturally, to put things in perspective, you only get 1 single stat point upgrade choice per entire level. Also levelling your weapon is even more significant for increasing damage than any stat.

Looks like would be good fun to try but definitely only offline due to PVP aspects of the game.

Pretty sure I'm going to uninstall the game so that I don't continue to push through for no benefit. I've been following a few YouTube videos, get 42k xp in seconds, 2k every 10 seconds without killing anyone etc, to level up fast and make the game easier,

But as I'm doing it, I'm just not seeing the point. The reward for killing is xp, so that you can be stronger to kill the bigger guys, and get more xp to kill even bigger guys.

I wish I found this more fun, but I don't. Plus my thumbs hurt :p so I'm pretty much out for now.

Associate
If only ever played offline, hopefully that mod will be fine, but those starting stats are insanely overpowered.

I'm a lv 37 Vagabond with these stats having beaten Godrick and many other bosses:

Vig: 20
Mnd: 10
End: 18
Str: 27
Dex: 16
Int:9
Fth: 9
Arc: 7

So your modified starting starts are incredibly high, like starting the game at lv 50 or more, the game is mostly well balanced, but you have to grind sometimes, some areas are not possible without levelling up, but there's so many other areas to explore you can level naturally, to put things in perspective, you only get 1 single stat point upgrade choice per entire level. Also levelling your weapon is even more significant for increasing damage than any stat.

Looks like would be good fun to try but definitely only offline due to PVP aspects of the game.

I just played in online mode it was fine,I do not recommend online mode,off line is 100% fine. Stats overpowered possibe for some people. The game actually sucks ,I changed a few things for myself to bring some fun into the game.Not for everyone but I thought I would share,so I did all 10 classes.

Pretty sure I'm going to uninstall the game so that I don't continue to push through for no benefit. I've been following a few YouTube videos, get 42k xp in seconds, 2k every 10 seconds without killing anyone etc, to level up fast and make the game easier,

But as I'm doing it, I'm just not seeing the point. The reward for killing is xp, so that you can be stronger to kill the bigger guys, and get more xp to kill even bigger guys.

I wish I found this more fun, but I don't. Plus my thumbs hurt :p so I'm pretty much out for now.
I agree with all what you said,not fun at all.

Man of Honour

I can understand why you would uninstall it if its not for you, certainly your descripton of killing to be stronger to kill the bigger guys to level to kill even bigger guys, is pretty much the description of every MMO out there and many people feel the same way about MMOs (ie..whats the point) like you do about this and of course like all games once you follow some online guide to get super rapid levelling that fairly destroys any interest in whatever game it is because it removes the single point of most games - progression. I would agree with you, the absolute best thing you can do is simply uninstall Elden Ring, notch it up as a bought the wrong game for my tastes type situation and move on to what will hopefully be a better title for you as your next one. Good luck, happy hunting !

I would agree with you, the absolute best thing you can do is simply uninstall Elden Ring, notch it up as a bought the wrong game for my tastes type situation and move on to what will hopefully be a better title for you as your next one. Good luck, happy hunting
Indeed. I may come back to it, and sometimes I've found that to work, in that first time you try something it's shocking and too much, but x months/years later I go back, now knowing what to expect, and enjoy the hell out of it. For instance have done that recently with Seinfeld. Watch season 1 and found it utter rubbish. Gave it a years gap and now tried again, but this time know what the show was like, and enjoyed it and I'm now almost on the final season.

Maybe elden ring isn't for me ever, just as dark souls games aren't. George R R Martins input gave hope this could be my first one I enjoyed from from software. Was only £25 from gamivo so I'm not bitter about it.

Any way for now I'm out. Enjoy all

Associate
Reading these posts it does seem like a lot of people went in expecting something different. This is one of those rare open worlds I actually love. The exploration and feel of discovery is incredible and real, without a million little icons that burn me out very quickly. I find the game to be beautiful and I love the art style. Even after getting my ass handed to me over and over :)

For those who have yet to purchase this. If you didn't like Dark Souls you won't enjoy this. If this is your first FromSoftware game go and watch a few videos first. There are many that answer a lot of questions and will give you a feel of what's in store.

The previous comment that compared this to Jedi Fallen Order was pretty funny :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Reading these posts it does seem like a lot of people went in expecting something different. This is one of those rare open worlds I actually love. The exploration and feel of discovery is incredible and real, without a million little icons that burn me out very quickly. I find the game to be beautiful and I love the art style. Even after getting my ass handed to me over and over :)

For those who have yet to purchase this. If you didn't like Dark Souls you won't enjoy this. If this is your first FromSoftware game go and watch a few videos first. There are many that answer a lot of questions and will give you a feel of what's in store.

Must admit that I am loving it and the more I play of it the more I like it, the world design and some of the locations are superb. I think Cohhcarnage actually puts it quite well in his 20hour stage of the game review

Soldato
I dont understand why people are buying a Miyazaki game and not understanding what they are getting themselves into. The name maybe Elden Ring, but you might as well call it Dark Souls 4.

In fact I would go as far as to say that if you have never completed a Souls game before then you should not buy this, the difficulty of Souls gameplay + open world is just going to be overbearing for most.

Back
Top Bottom