*** Elden Ring ***

Permabanned
Sad to say that after 130 levels and 100 hours, I have sacked it off at Ragadon. Ive plugged away for 3 hours and even when I manage to beat him I cannot beat the second form. Thoroughly loved every second of this game but I just cant beat him and Im not enjoying trying. Summoned a few different people to help and the one guy who helped me beat him, then took off at the second form and he destroyed me anyway.

Associate
Sad to say that after 130 levels and 100 hours, I have sacked it off at Ragadon. Ive plugged away for 3 hours and even when I manage to beat him I cannot beat the second form. Thoroughly loved every second of this game but I just cant beat him and Im not enjoying trying. Summoned a few different people to help and the one guy who helped me beat him, then took off at the second form and he destroyed me anyway.

2nd form is actually really easy, just stay close and smack away.

Soldato
I dont get it, whats actually happening in this video? He stands there in a block stance and then suddenly he is dropping through the air absolutely miles away?

Oh I see, its some sort of a glitch exploit. You'd think that a basic rule for a speedrun should be that it cant include any glitches or exploits, otherwise its sort of having the fastest person in a Formula One race but it was because that driver was allowed to simply cut across areas off the track.

There is a whole range of speed running. Some allow all exploits some have strict rules to follow.

Soldato
Final boss is such a pain with its constant running away!

One tip is that I think most of its attacks are holy damage, so the +2 holy negation talisman and (Lord's) divine fortification really cut down the damage it does.

I had to use a frantic combination of stars of ruin, greatblade phalanx and dual katanas - depending how close I could get.

Saving your summon for this phase definitely helps too, if you can manage it (the holy negation stuff also applies to your mimic).

I hate bosses that run away so much and this one really takes the michael with how far and how frequently it zips away.

Soldato
Final boss is such a pain with its constant running away!

One tip is that I think most of its attacks are holy damage, so the +2 holy negation talisman and (Lord's) divine fortification really cut down the damage it does.

I had to use a frantic combination of stars of ruin, greatblade phalanx and dual katanas - depending how close I could get.

Saving your summon for this phase definitely helps too, if you can manage it (the holy negation stuff also applies to your mimic).

I hate bosses that run away so much and this one really takes the michael with how far and how frequently it zips away.

Felt pretty cheesy with an almost maxed out mimic tear summon :| but I really just wanted to push through quickly to end the game instead of fully respeccing for the fight

Associate
Once unlocked, does respeccing take all your stats down to 1 and give you free reign, or just back to your starting attributes for the class? Feel I've made some wasteful choices early game and getting close to the point where I can unlock it.

Associate
Once unlocked, does respeccing take all your stats down to 1 and give you free reign, or just back to your starting attributes for the class? Feel I've made some wasteful choices early game and getting close to the point where I can unlock it.

Goes to your starting attributes for your class.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you don't need to min max unless you want every last advantage for PvP. There are plenty of larval tears (consumable item required for a respec) that you'll pick up from following the main path through the game so don't worry about running out of those either, you'll get more.

Associate
Are they, would have thought once you created something with one and used it that pot was consumed?

Nope, read the item description.

"
This empty pot somehow mends itself when broken.

Essential vessel for crafting cracked pot items.

The materials and magics sealed within deploy their effects when
the pot is thrown.
"

God if there is one thing im really done with its bosses getting their ass handed to them and then they randomly pull out that 'one shot' move with added janky hitbox that has your mouth wide open thinking what happened. Miyazaki hates to lose :cry:

Soldato
Do you have mimic? Mimic is a great tank..also in second form if you stack any holy damage negation it really helps.

If your a strength build respec to literally anything else. Strength sucks in this game

Last edited:
Associate
Do you have mimic? Mimic is a great tank..also in second form if you stack any holy damage negation it really helps.

If your a strength build respec to literally anything else. Strength sucks in this game

Have to disagree, I am by no way a DS expert but I have tanked all the games with strength and dex. I beat that last boss with the bloodhound fang, pretty sure they are resistant to bleed as well.

Back
Top Bottom