Elite:Dangerous

Soldato
C
I generally install it via Oculus Home. If you're using a Rift, make sure you disable the SteamVR reprojection options though, otherwise you might get a conflict where both SteamVR and the Oculus drivers both try to do their reprojection voodoo which can lead to performance loss. Disable it in SteamVR and just let the Oculus drivers handle it.

The reporjection options as in the asymmetric whatever's it's called?

What do you use to monitor FPS?

Associate
The reporjection options as in the asymmetric whatever's it's called?

What do you use to monitor FPS?
Both options - asynchronous and interleaved.

I've used the Oculus Debug Tool and even Fraps in the past (though that only displays it on the monitor obviously). It's probably easier just to use the Oculus Tray Tool now though as you can view stuff in the HMD via voice commands.

Associate
I've turned off those voice commands in the tray tool, I've not been able to change the words for launching steam vr (perhaps because it's also not in the config file, really ought to report that bug) and for some reason it's the favourite command to launch when there's a misunderstanding between me and the tool.

Soldato
Folks... regarding voice recognition and Elite (HCS Voicepack) not everything I say is being recognised....

Sometimes Voiceattack would show a red microphone icon which means that sound is not being picked up.
But when I try the Skype test call and record my voice, its clear as day.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
a few times yes...
Interestingly I disabled some settings in Voice attach that seemed to have helped?
Adaptive Recgonition and Acousitc Echo cancellation?

Also am I right in saying I have to go through the bindings and click on each key which is asked in the youtube video?

Soldato
I edit the bindings in voice attack to what they are in my layout for Elite and Star Citizen.

ie played elite and adjust bindings to my hotas then bound them in VA, hope that makes sense.

Associate
OP
It's the oculus rift mic btw.

I keep thinking about getting the posh headstrap (with built in earphones) for the Vive, but I don't want to rely on the mic. This isn't based on actual experience, just the fact that it's so far from my mouth.

Is that the same issue with the Rift?

Associate
Holy **** this game is good but frustrating, I really need to get voice attack set up.

Remembering all the buttons and combos for different things is really hard with a pad...

Also Horizons/SRV travel in VR ... seriously vomit inducing, not doing that again in a hurry ffs.

Associate
Oh dear, took on a mission to deliver some clothes and then realised it was 30 jumps...

It's ok I'm bound to find a station to refuel...self destruct is interesting when you're floating in space with no fuel...ah well I'll abandon that one and try something a bit closer...if only this game had tips you could switch on if you're a beginner.

Soldato
Ohh make sure you set your auto pilot to shortest route or something. It was defaulted to another setting on my install, 30 jumps suddenly became no more than 10. That could be it, though elite does have you doing the extreme at times.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I'm only really just getting into it tbh, will have a look for SRV settings thanks.

I haven't got the hang of the galaxy map at all yet...need to check those map/route settings now I've upgraded to the Eagle and got my fuel scoop sorted...

Dumb ass key bindings, I lost 2 mission rewards and had to get a loan to rebuy my ship, thought I'd go in to land on a pad nose first then level out. Hit the button to lower gear, but my right thumb was a bit slow, the up button on the pad throttles you up to 100% if you don't hit the B button first ffs... rammed the station landing pad then got nailed for pad loitering because I didn't get away quickly enough and got my ass shot off by the station...

Fuel scoop, worked fine first time, every time since I either pull out a bit early (oo-er missus) or take heat damage...need to practice that...

Thanks for the tips gents, there's so much to figure out in this game blimey...

Back
Top Bottom