Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yep. When you think about it, because of the bubble of N Ireland, you really need the UK govt to be the impartial party with no vested interest in either side. This completely changes things.

I can see things turning nasty very quickly. I hope May knows what she is doing here, because if she plays his wrong NI is going to get wrecked

Associate
No one to blame other than May

all she had to do was throw us a frickin bone
48% didnt want brexit, a large proportion of those, including myself. accept the result - "ok lets get on with it"
she then panders to the Scorzas to burn all bridges and conduct brexit in the most hostile way possile

maybe just turn it down a bit? maybe appeal to more than just ukippers
offer nothing other than a continually bleak future for young people and then act suprised when they vote against you

im all for a bit of realism in your manafesto but - "when you get old and ill we gon take yo monays after you die" isnt a positive inspiring votewinner

Summs up my opinion pretty well, except i didn't think the social care plan was credible aslong as their's a cap. Social care is a complete mess really, people aren't willing to pay more in tax to adaquately funding social care, and the alternative, funding taken from assets after you die isn't popular either. It doesn't help that local councils are bound by law to offer social care with massively inadaquate funding. The lock on councils not being able to increase council tax without a referendum is also a problem.

There really needs to be a cross party commission on a solution for funding social care. It needs to happen quickly because the consequences are putting huge pressure on NHS resources at a time when they are already stretched and the situation is getting worse.

Associate
I've gotta be honest the more I think about and see the situation unfold the more I see the need for something as drastic as a National Government just to get through Brexit unscathed.

Soldato
No, I see these as inevitable problems that happen in every affluent country where most of the population are out for number one and complete hypocrites. Housing in and around London is an issue but its simply supply and demand. Labour won't stop this.

This isn't just an issue in London though. London might be the most extreme example, but all over the country more and more young people must be looking around thinking they're only ever going to be funding the pockets of older generations in the form of rent.

Education is the same as its always been, good where the parents care and bad where they don't. Free university eduction for everyone is a monumentally stupid idea any way you want to paint it. We already have too many people with **** degrees who think their "higher education" entitles them to better jobs. The last thing we need is more of them.

The problem here is **** degrees as you put it, not the affordability of education. We should be encouraging a system where as many people as possible have the opportunity to get the skills and qualifications required to carry out productive, meaningful jobs without saddling themselves with a mountain of debt.

The NHS issue is another one where you could throw 50bn extra a year at it and it would still fall apart further down the line. The population is getting older, drugs are expensive and medical care is so good that we can keep all the unhealthy people alive for a really long time at massive expense.

So why not have a sensible, grown up debate about it - instead of what we've got now which is just to cripple it from the inside out? I'm all for cost-saving and budget cuts, but these have to come with a strategy for eliminating waste and allowing more efficient ways of getting things done. All I see from the Tories on the NHS is a policy designed to make it crumble.

No we haven't, you can still work in other countries quite happily. They won't block you from working in other countries in Europe just because we leave the EU. Plenty of people work in America, Canada, Australia etc without issue. This is a much smaller issue that you are making it out to be.

It remains to be seen how much of an issue it will or won't be. You've got to look at it through the eyes of someone here who's struggling to get any work. Previously they could very easily arrange to go to Spain and work in a bar for example. This might not be completely off the cards with Brexit, but it certainly won't make things easier.

Soldato
Good point made earlier on the news that because Sinn Fein don't turn up, there's effectively less seats needed for a majority vote.

Soldato
To be fair Theresa May warned of coalition of chaos propped up by extremist terrorist sympathisers.

She just didn't say she'd be leading it.
:D:(

Good point made earlier on the news that because Sinn Fein don't turn up, there's effectively less seats needed for a majority vote.
They stand on a abstentionist ticket, so they feel that they can't take their seats.Saying that there's a fair bit of pressure on them to do it this time.

Associate
Advisors ...... TM took the decisions. From what I heard this morning on the TV it is Tory Central Office that is spitting blood because they where left out of the decisions. May ran a Presidential election and like the Donald is shown to be not up to the job.

Thanks for the correction :p man... what was she thinking.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Well, we know that's BS because Sinn Fein are abstentionists and will never take their seats in Westminster under any circumstances.

As the DUP are forming the next government, there are rumblings coming out of Sinn Fein that they might take there seats on a per issue basis (i.e. voting against DUP policies they foist on the Tories).

Soldato
So assuming full DUP cooperation she has a majority of 7 when it comes to voting in the commons 328 Vs 321. She needs all DUP votes without a formal coalition and no abstensions from her own ranks.

She won't see July

Caporegime
So all this crap that the media and conservatives threw at Corbyn about being an IRA sympathiser/supporter and now the Tories have gone in to collation with an extremist party with former terrorist links.

Literally mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom