*** Forum Update - Official Issues Thread - Please check the OP for known issues ***

Soldato
I'm I being thick here (probably) but on my phone app or through web browser, the icons for bolt/italic/link picture etc are greyed out?

I didn't change anything as far as I am aware and seem to work fine on desktop PC.
Tap the three little dots and then tap this

Yecvucy.png
That worked for me, and I think it stayed working once I'd done it. Seems they're only available in the proper "preview" mode of the edit box, not the plain text one.

To be honest I'd use markdown if it worked i.e. underscores around text for italics, asterisks for bold. Seems like lots of the forum UI is hidden behind lots of taps/clicks now, on mobile at least.

Soldato
That worked for me, and I think it stayed working once I'd done it. Seems they're only available in the proper "preview" mode of the edit box, not the plain text one.

To be honest I'd use markdown if it worked i.e. underscores around text for italics, asterisks for bold. Seems like lots of the forum UI is hidden behind lots of taps/clicks now, on mobile at least.

Oh yea thanks, that was not obvious!!

Soldato
Just to comment on this, I've noticed it for a while too and attributed it to images & tweets loading (it was even worse in the watch thread just now).

One thing to add to this that I did find frustrating was that even if you wait for the entire page to reload, if you click on a quote (of say a post further up that same page) the forum still reloads the entire page and you get the same issue again.

I was kinda hoping that, sure, the initial loading of images/tweets might be an annoyance to put up with for a bit but waiting a few seconds for them to load and then clicking on the quote/link might solve it but... nope lol.

This is by far the biggest thing making me hate this entire update.

Don
OP
Just to comment on this, I've noticed it for a while too and attributed it to images & tweets loading (it was even worse in the watch thread just now).

One thing to add to this that I did find frustrating was that even if you wait for the entire page to reload, if you click on a quote (of say a post further up that same page) the forum still reloads the entire page and you get the same issue again.

I was kinda hoping that, sure, the initial loading of images/tweets might be an annoyance to put up with for a bit but waiting a few seconds for them to load and then clicking on the quote/link might solve it but... nope lol.

This is by far the biggest thing making me hate this entire update.

I can't believe that there isn't a fix for this (or indeed that it doesn't affect Google's scoring/ranking based on Cumulative Layout Shift)

@kindai

Associate
the wrong post. ill noticed since the upgrade when ii get a notification, if it a fast moving thread it always takes me to the wrong post

Sgarrista
Commissario
- Bug - Clicking post links sometimes results in correct post not being scrolled to @Armageus has reproduced, and possibly similar issue: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...he-op-for-known-issues.18951336/post-35582798 - May be if your browser isn't maximised to full screen, Also mentioned here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...he-op-for-known-issues.18951336/post-35594024

Rolled out a fix that should drastically reduce his from happening, it might not be perfect but should be a lot better.

Soldato
used the forum on mobile for the first time today.
noticed the alt text on avatar images is the username and it appears as massive text for half a second while the avatars load in.
kinda irritating, if it's easy to remove the alt text that would be an improvement imo.

Soldato
I've noticed with some threads when I click the envelope it takes me to the first post instead of the last read. It looks to be related to how long ago it was posted on. The Diablo 4 thread in PC Games did it just now. Last post was 31st March. New post in the early hours of the morning and it took me to the first post.
This has just happened for me again. Thread is the Raised by Wolves one in the TV forum. Last post was 6th June. Envelope took me to the first post in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom