Golf Thread

Soldato
Got a lesson booked later today.

Not hit a ball in nearly 4 weeks due to holiday then manflu since I got home.

Still all over the place swing wise - Pro has 45 minutes to save me today :cry:

Associate
Went out last night, starting to see a reduction in 3 putts as I get used to putting again.
Short game was really good, got a set of 3 ping glide 2 wedges from ebay for quite cheap recently, the 52 is a tremendous club.
tee shots and mid irons were a bit wayward but I'm still trying to shorten my swing a bit and work on the weight transfer so it's not feeling natural yet.
Didn't score particularly well on a couple of holes but my short game made it decent enough.

Associate
yeah - listen - I was there Saturday this year - Cost me nothing as mate is Royal Troon member. It was chucking it down for 4 hours in the afternoon. I know it's outdoors etc but I'd be raging paying £130 for a ticket and getting soaked for 4 hours.
I was scunnered at paying £100 (I think) for the Sunday there but we just had the wind to contend with which was tolerable.

I can't see how they can justify bumping the price up by £20-£30 unless they're planning on having a lot more fan stuff. I got stung £15 for a ***** burger, chips, and a tin of Sprite...

Soldato
Amazing what 45 minutes with a pro does for your game.

Was very much "out of sync" at the moment with my swing.....

Went into lesson not expecting too much, came out buzzing :smashin: - Gave me a weird drill to practice to help getting club less over the top, and even on the inside slightly by the end of the lesson.

Basically practice swing is to be like Matt Wolff's swing - make a massive looping practice swing - so massively exaggerating the swinging from the inside.

Then when I address the ball "feel" that same swing but don't do the loop if that makes sense. It did to me anyway!! Amazing to see almost neutral path and the odd positive path (from inside to out)

Also added around 7-10 yards on my 7 iron due to a much better position at impact.....

Great session....

Back
Top Bottom