Golf Thread

Today was the Team comp at the local club, 3-person scramble format with 5 drives from each person required.

We shot a net 59, with bogies on the last three holes, definitely kinda fell off a cliff there. Winning score was a 55 so we were mid-pack ish, really fun day though so all good :)

Tomorrow is 36-holes at Woodlands, in a buggy obviously :p

That'll make it 108 holes of golf for the week :eek: :p (5x 18-holes + 2x 9 hole rounds)

If only I practiced anywhere near as much as I play :D

After yesterday's round which was a score differential of 11.5 replacing one of 22.1 I'm down from 20.4 to 18.1 :eek::D.

This is what I calculated myself yesterday without the one shot reduction across my last 20 scores for the exceptional scoring adjustment which doesn't seem to have applied?

Edit: just noticed the My EG app had already applied the exceptional scoring differential yesterday when I was calculating what my handicap would drop to. Next step sub 18!

Last edited:
"accidentally" booked a fitting for the new Titleist GT woods... :p

Freebie so why not - Thinking of replacing 3w & 7w with something like a 4w.....

"Might" try the driver as well....
Did it the other week, was really thorough and very interesting.

Played 18 yesterday with my son, shot 85 and my handicap index is now 18.1. Played really well with my short game, pretty decent off the tees and made par on the 3 x par 5 holes which really helped make the score. Got lucky on the 6th where I hooked it in the trees but it hit one and shot back out to the middle of the fairway.

The course was very quiet so had a look in the rough a few times and managed to find four very good condition Pro V1's amongst a few others as well. Let my son keep the rest but I took the Pro V1's.

I hereby declare, from this year on, the 4th August as the Day of the Shank. :( :cry:

Some absolutely terrible stuff out there... And following each shank was of course a beautiful contact.

Not even sure what's going wrong, maybe I wasn't 'releasing' the club properly and/or not moving through the ball, either way it was just awful.

I hereby declare, from this year on, the 4th August as the Day of the Shank. :( :cry:

Some absolutely terrible stuff out there... And following each shank was of course a beautiful contact.

Not even sure what's going wrong, maybe I wasn't 'releasing' the club properly and/or not moving through the ball, either way it was just awful.
I played like a muppet as well today. Hit a 100. I am ashamed! haha

Breaking 100 is my target! For me, I had a good round today. Very good. 95 after 17, par 5 18th to finish.

And then the 18th.

Topped my 7 iron (cowardly playing safe, incredibly narrow where my drive was most likely to get to) off the tee. Recovery iron out of bounds. Next iron to behind a 6ft wall (that I was trying to avoid with my drive), within about a foot of the wall. Up and over the wall, then duff iron. Slice next hard right. Wedge over the back of green, OB. Repeat shot, wedge to front of green. Thin chip, off back, good chip, putt to 5 ft. Miss. 15.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to sleep for a week.

Last edited:
Match won, thanks to my par on the 17th and @-westy- ’s par finish on the 18th - was a close match generally though

Should have been over sooner if I wasn't playing like a complete tool :p

18 awful holes, followed by a tidy 9 holes (felt the need to go out and "fix" it) - ended up 4 over through 9. Hammered a 2 iron 312 yards though, so happy with that (downhill :D)

Up to 25.3 after the shankfest :p

Did draw one positive from the rounds though after checking again, two rounds of golf with 2 putts per hole average, not unhappy with that bit at least...

Great day yesterday. Followed woosnam, Norris and Marshall.

Just under 6 miles! Long course it played, and that wind! Omg!

Wasn’t the biggest of crowds but good as it made the day more “personable”.

Won an epic Doubles match tonight in the rain / darkness...

Our club doubles is foursomes - so just 1 ball but alternate shots... Playing against a 0.7/1.1 pair. We were getting 5 shots overall.

Really good match -we hung in very well at times, close front 9, 1 down at the turn. Lost 11 to go 2 down but had shots coming at 13/15/18

I hit a stunner of a hybrid from 210 to about 10ft on 12 to win hole. Halfed 13, partner then holed a great curling 15ft putt on 14 to get it back to 1 down.

Halfed 15 in par 5's, I holed a great 8ft on 16 for par 4, and they missed from about 6ft for the half.

All square - halfed in par 3's at 17th (had to hole another 5/6 footer for par) - We halfed 18 (6 net 5 for us)

Up 19th in near darkness and rain battering down - I hammered a drive, partner hit a great hybrid to fringe about 60ft from pin, and I chipped to about 2ft to win the hole... (it lipped out for the walk off eagle)

Really had to dig deep and pleased with my ball striking again tonight. Lesson has worked wonders for me.

Now to dry off clubs / bag / towels / gloves etc etc... Into the semi's

Another friendly match last night - myself and a 17 handicapper vs a 13 and 18 handicapper. Ended up winning 2&1, I somehow shot an 86, dropping 7 shots in total on the 2 par 5s :eek: Thankfully a couple of birdies helped me out, but what a ****show!

Back
Top Bottom