Golf Thread

Played two rounds at Oulton Hall near Leeds this weekend as part of a golf break with my dad and brothers - bit of an annual tradition. First round was awful, shot 116 after a lesson earlier in the week left me questioning various bits of my swing. I spent half an hour hitting some balls on the range before round 2 this morning to get some confidence back. I went out in 43 including two pars and a birdie. Probably my best 9 holes of golf ever since I’ve never broken 100. I’d shot 36 through the first 6 of the back 9 when we had to call it a day because the speed of play of the groups ahead was awful. It became an issue around the 12th and just got worse with loads of traffic and backing up. It made it very hard to keep up any sort of rhythm and keep warm. The course did a really poor job of managing it and keeping the groups moving, so I will be mentioning that to them.

It definitely got in my head when it became obvious we wouldn’t finish the round and impacted my play on the back 9. Taking the positives though, I know cracking 100 will definitely happen and 90 doesn’t feel far off with some solid practice over the winter.

Back
Top Bottom