How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
If anyone in the North East is after a good price on services, look up John-ST3 in the North East section of STOC. He's got a brilliant reputation with the club and seems to have serviced pretty much everybodies car in the area. Uses genuine ford parts and beats Ford on the 5 year service by over 50% :D

Caporegime
Oil and filter change yesterday, what oils are you lot using? I went with the valvoline again this time.

Good question mate, atm it's whatever Ford put into it at it's first service last Saturday :) More interested in the group buy offer for the eibachs on STOC site if Pumabuild ever come back with a good price :D

Soldato
If anyone in the North East is after a good price on services, look up John-ST3 in the North East section of STOC. He's got a brilliant reputation with the club and seems to have serviced pretty much everybodies car in the area. Uses genuine ford parts and beats Ford on the 5 year service by over 50% :D

Spent all day yesterday there, haha got everything sorted on my car, just needs a clean tomorrow and I'll take some proper photos:

photo123lm.jpg

photo121m.jpg

photo124up.jpg

photo122q.jpg

Soldato
Apart from brakes and manifold anything else done mate?

Oh and are the brakes as good as they look? :)

Full set of red samco hoses, (Turbo, Coolant, and Heater) 14 hoses in all, red braided lines on the back brakes as well, and a change to DOT 5.1 fluid. I left my full set of polybushes with him which will get done at the start of March.

And the brakes are excellent, when I had it on track it showed me how rubbish the standard brakes are if you ever want to do some interesting driving with the car, they're just rubbish, these should fair better if I'm ever back on track, but even just on the road, they're good.

Soldato
I guess it's got to be the track that makes the difference, I always found the brakes on my ST fine even for spirited driving. But not driving like a lunatic as I expect the track tempts you to do!

Associate
I'm seeing ST's for sale on the usual sites for around £7k upwards. Is it possible to get a decent example for this amount or will they all be thrashed and abused until you spend more than £8-£9k?

Soldato
Mine was up for £7.6, 27K miles. It's only an ST-1 though. If you keep your eyes open you'd be able to pick an pre-facelift ST-2 up for between £7K-£8K i'd reckon in good nick. Check FocusSTOC, there's a for sale section on there.

Soldato
I'm seeing ST's for sale on the usual sites for around £7k upwards. Is it possible to get a decent example for this amount or will they all be thrashed and abused until you spend more than £8-£9k?

It's a hot hatch, it's unlikely any example has ever not been thrashed at least once. Just check out adverts and get a feel from what the owners talk like if you buy privately.

Soldato
So I finally bit the bullet and got one :p

58 plate with 22k miles on the clock. It's in ASBO orange as to me whenever I think of a focus ST I always think of it in that colour.

Pick up in a few days :)

Caporegime
So I finally bit the bullet and got one :p

58 plate with 22k miles on the clock. It's in ASBO orange as to me whenever I think of a focus ST I always think of it in that colour.

Pick up in a few days :)

Congrats matey and I wish you your health to enjoy it :)

Right next thing to spend some money on is the magazine above or better still splash £8 and join stoc.com, ST owners club as it is a world of info on everything you will ever need plus the benefit of some club member discounts.

Oh and get some pics up once you get it :D

Man of Honour
I've had one for about 18 months, the fuel consumption bothered me for about a week, now I dont really care. Recently replaced the wheels due to potholes everywhere in cheshire roads.

DSCF1739.jpg

Back
Top Bottom