How many Focus ST owners on here

All that Code:Red gear must have cost you nicely ;)

I've replaced the front wishbone bushes with polybushes, seems to improve the steering feel and turn in somewhat.
How does it feel with the whole car done? I'd worry it makes the ride a bit too harsh for UK roads?

All that Code:Red gear must have cost you nicely ;)

I've replaced the front wishbone bushes with polybushes, seems to improve the steering feel and turn in somewhat.
How does it feel with the whole car done? I'd worry it makes the ride a bit too harsh for UK roads?

Code:Red stuff was £85 all in delivered from Germany, off ebay, given that it costs around £125 for just a bailey header tank over here or equivilant I think it's not bad.

Car hasn't been alinged yet, so it's all over the place at the minute, get it aligned tomorrow after work.

This is an interesting point about buckled wheels, on STOC there has been a lot of talk about wheel vibration most seem to blame the tyres (mainly the Falken FK452) but nobody really seems to blame the wheels.
I assume that your tyre fitter would inform you that the wheel was square when trying to fit new rubber?

I've got Eagle F1s on, and have wobble between 65-70mph, nothing else. Been balanced twice and they're fine each time but still have it. Not as bad as it was before having the tyres changed, but it's still there.

I've got Eagle F1s on, and have wobble between 65-70mph, nothing else. Been balanced twice and they're fine each time but still have it. Not as bad as it was before having the tyres changed, but it's still there.

Just because they balanced, doesn't mean your wheels aren't buckled or egged.

Have you tried swapping front for rear, and have you been on a hunter style alignment rig?

Just because they balanced, doesn't mean your wheels aren't buckled or egged.

Have you tried swapping front for rear, and have you been on a hunter style alignment rig?

I agree with you, I was just confirming that it seems to be a common problem. Need to find a decent hunter machine near me, how much would I typically expect to pay for a full alignment?

Hmm, might book that in for the end of the month then. Is it a case of leaving it with them? Dropped a mates 6 series off for springs and they said it was going to take around 4 hours, rang up after 6 and they said to come along for it, got there and then ended up waiting another hour. No apology, nothing, wasn't exactly pleased with their Customer Service.

I just wait there, the check is free, they then ask you what you want doing, and show you on the screen how much it's out, think it only took an hour the last time I was there.

Back
Top Bottom