How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
What remaps do ST owners of this forum have?

Looking to go down this route at some point this year, and wondering which one has the smoothest power delivery. Looking at something similar to Mountune but without the attached price tag...

Soldato

Looking to go down this route at some point this year, and wondering which one has the smoothest power delivery. Looking at something similar to Mountune but without the attached price tag...

I have Code:Red, which has a very nice smooth delivery of power, heard reports of Collins maps having smooth power delivery. And Code:Red may be smooth but It can get aggresive when it needs to be,check out them, and also check out bluefin or Dreamscience.

Soldato

I was speaking to Jon when he was servicing my car and he highly recommended the Collins map, they're coming out with some brilliant figures too he said.

some great cars on here, really makes me want another but what is it with all the 5 doors? :( ruins the look IMO.. I carted 2 kids around in both of mine, moved house using them both too along with countless samples/business trips and the 3 door did me fine.

I got a 5 door because it was a deal I couldn't refuse, and it comes in really handy for work, got sick of lugging computers past folded down front seats day in and day out, always ended up damaging or scratching something. Now it's just a case of open the back door and sit it on the covered back seat :)

Soldato
I was speaking to Jon when he was servicing my car and he highly recommended the Collins map, they're coming out with some brilliant figures too he said.

Have just searched a lot on Collins, and that looks like the route I will be going down for sure!

Just need a new alloy intercooler and I'm set to make the trip to Collins and have the remap done...

Soldato

I used a dreamscience thingy normally on race+, gave it a noticeable amount of extra shove without any significant increase in fuel consumption or driveability.

I can't imagine how much bhp you'd have to stick under the bonnet to make one of these a handful, such a docile car unless you wring its neck and you don't do that by accident.

The number of times I thought I was pootling down a broad only to check the speedo and see I was doubling the limit was crazy. Only wound up with 6 points for 2 very mundane speeding tickets in almost 5 years and 140k miles in my 2 which is a miracle. Did 12 months on 9 points in my red one!

Soldato
Guys, real MPG's.

Round town, motorway/NSL roads

Heavy footed ton-ers and light footed granny's.

Sorting a few cars out gettig a few sums done over averages. Cheers

Associate
Guys, real MPG's.

Round town, motorway/NSL roads

Heavy footed ton-ers and light footed granny's.

Sorting a few cars out gettig a few sums done over averages. Cheers

Round town/work run (10 miles A road each way) 23mpg. On a motrway run, 30-34mpg. Had the ST for 2 years now, and thats the way it's always been. To be fair, I don't drive like a granny.

In comparison, my Leon Cupra 180 used to give around 28mpg round town + commute to work and I managed 46mpg on a long motorway trip being careful.

ST's are thirsty, thats just the way it is.

Soldato
Highest: 38.5MPG
Lowest: 25.1MPG
Average: 29.6MPG

This is based on 4,139 miles, a mix of A/B roads with only about 20% of around town :)

is this from the computer or worked out yourself?

I find it hard to believe to be honest, I did about 120k over my 2 STs and I think the highest I ever, ever saw on the computer after a refill/reset was about 33mpg and the lowest was a lot lower than that.

My average over that whole 4 years was somewhere between 27 and 29mpg.

Most of my driving was commute on motorways/A roads, also bear in mind about 14 months of my ownership was done with 9 points so I didn't have much choice other than behaving!

Soldato
Average around 26-27 MPG, and that's made up mostly of short 5 miles trips to work and around town.

Only ever been on the motorway once, and she achieved about 32 MPG, that was when I bought the car, and drove back to Newcastle from Bristol.

This is probably the most fuel heavy of the hot hatches, but only by a few mpg's I would have thought. But what do you expect when you have a 2.5l 5 pot turbo sitting in front of you. The noise is worth the extra cost IMHO

Soldato
Average around 26-27 MPG, and that's made up mostly of short 5 miles trips to work and around town.

I'm very dubious about this figure, considering you can watch the clock tick down when it's cold at quite a rapid pace, the car would never be warm in 5 miles so should never get any sort of decent economy. How do you work it out exactly?

10 miles commute to work - 5 miles @ 30mph and 5 miles at 50-60mph = 23-24MPG

70mph motorway journey from Newcastle to Middlesbrough - 50 miles each way = 30MPG

Soldato
ef41f7a1.jpg

6694d83c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom