How many Focus ST owners on here

and the total amount you put in I guess... fair enough, I struggle to remember mileage for expense claims let alone for my own curiosity.

Although to be fair the trip computer on my 320d seems to under report a little, worked it out manually once and it said I'd done 44mpg over a tank and it was actually more like 47mpg :)

Still miss my ST :(

The traffic to work is normally a steady 30-40 mph. So don't really plant my foot down, and with the car being cold I wouldn't want to anyway.

But I do have the odd countryside blast and the car is rarely off boost :). Still delivers good mpg after a cool down on the way home!!!

The traffic to work is normally a steady 30-40 mph. So don't really plant my foot down, and with the car being cold I wouldn't want to anyway.

But I do have the odd countryside blast and the car is rarely off boost :). Still delivers good mpg after a cool down on the way home!!!

Suppose that makes sense, mine tends to be stop start 30mph cause of the roadworks round just before Ryton if you know the area.

I would wait until you have enough cash for a facelift model. Lots of nice touches to the interior including key-less start.

I also prefer the headlights/whole front end, and I like the rear diffuser too.

But that's just my opinion :). Engine is still the same and still as quick, although I hear post 08 cars have the "fixed" oil diaphragm and a stronger turbo housing???

I also prefer the facelift looks.

Problem is, when my fiesta goes I am going to have to be one of them weird people who use there legs to get to places. Don't want to be in this situation for to long as I might get use to having money and not being dry bummed by the government for having a vehicle.

Later facelift cars also allegedly have stronger cylinder liners than the last of the 07 cars, but that only the feeling from people on STOC. Personally I dislike facelift cars having the horrid red displays and red text on the radio rather than the green, but a smd upgrade fixes that so not all bad I guess.

I'm very dubious about this figure, considering you can watch the clock tick down when it's cold at quite a rapid pace, the car would never be warm in 5 miles so should never get any sort of decent economy. How do you work it out exactly?

10 miles commute to work - 5 miles @ 30mph and 5 miles at 50-60mph = 23-24MPG

70mph motorway journey from Newcastle to Middlesbrough - 50 miles each way = 30MPG

Which is pretty much what I said, lol. I mean, seriously, are some of you guys driving like a granny or what? If so, why do you own an ST?

:D

is this from the computer or worked out yourself?

I find it hard to believe to be honest, I did about 120k over my 2 STs and I think the highest I ever, ever saw on the computer after a refill/reset was about 33mpg and the lowest was a lot lower than that.

My average over that whole 4 years was somewhere between 27 and 29mpg.

Most of my driving was commute on motorways/A roads, also bear in mind about 14 months of my ownership was done with 9 points so I didn't have much choice other than behaving!

The figures quoted are direct from the Road Trip app. Computer under reads by about 1MPG. I think it's a combination of careful driving and reading the road ahead to anticipate the change in speed - makes a big difference. The values are genuine though. Choice of fuel plays a big difference I've found when remapped. Without V-Power I achieved 32-33MPG on a long run of 150 miles. On the way back with V-Power I got 42MPG at one stage while stuck behind a lorry at 50-60mph and even when back up to 70mph I avg. 36MPG. The ST in question is a 2009 plate with 16k miles :)

[SKR]Phoenix;21567991 said:
Which is pretty much what I said, lol. I mean, seriously, are some of you guys driving like a granny or what? If so, why do you own an ST?

:D

I'm certainly not driving like a granny at all. But at the same time, my route to work consists of 30 and 40 roads. And I certainly have no need to "hoon" my car especially in the morning when it's cold. My 26-27 mpg is a combination of short 5 mile trips and then the odd 80-100 miles of blasting through the countryside. The car hasn't seen a motorway since I bought it in 2010!

But I will be interested to see what she gets when I do take to the motorway probably around June this year...

The figures quoted are direct from the Road Trip app. Computer under reads by about 1MPG. I think it's a combination of careful driving and reading the road ahead to anticipate the change in speed - makes a big difference. The values are genuine though. Choice of fuel plays a big difference I've found when remapped. Without V-Power I achieved 32-33MPG on a long run of 150 miles. On the way back with V-Power I got 42MPG at one stage while stuck behind a lorry at 50-60mph and even when back up to 70mph I avg. 36MPG. The ST in question is a 2009 plate with 16k miles :)

you could easily take this as my calling you a liar which I'm not.... but I don't believe you :p

seriously though, I ran mine on vpower for over 4 years and I think the best I ever got was about 35MPG which was amost off the gas and downhill lol.

still, mine were pre facelift cars running a variety of maps/standard profiles, you never know!

Back
Top Bottom