How many Focus ST owners on here

Mine didn't go up much even when I got to 9 points.

However go down to 3 and get smacked into by a moron on a roundabout and up it goes. That sucks. Cost me £250 just to get hit by someone else who got out, apologised profusely and sorted it all with no cost to me.

And then in for the bargain one of our companies sold my details and now I get endless texts about claiming for my accident that slightly bent the front wing.

Err no, I'm not a *****.

surely anything other than sp30s affect insurance because for the most part it could imply a certain careless edge to your driving?

not saying anything about the chap on here with one, isn't it something to do with a pedestrian crossing?

I remember mentioning my points to one provider when they came back with a good quote only to be told they took sp30s as something of a fact of life nowadays.

They slammed some zigzags right outside my mums front gate after we have been parking there 20 years, so I decided to start parking fully on the pavement. Some grumpy copper decided I am still obstructing the newly built pedestrian crossing from the drivers view. (massive pavement what left about 4ft room for pedestrians walking past.

A lot of people still park there now and never have any trouble. Seems I just got a **** of a copper that day.

Last edited:
Been looking at a few STs but not really decided if I want a ST2 or ST3 or if I want a pre-facelift or facelift yet. Won't be buying until August anyway so plenty of time to figure all that out, but I know this is going to be annoying me until then haha! Anything to look specifically be on the look out for?

I only do 8k miles a year. Excess is £250 + £250 voluntary

Still seems very good/unusually good. Must live in a very good postcode.

When i had an ST my premium was ~£1000 23yrs old, 9k mileage, 3 years NCB, 0 points. Only £250 excess though and i did have a fault claim to the tune of around £1000 (which didnt actually seem to affect the quotes i was getting)

Getting bored of looking for the right car now lol.....

Put a 'wanted' ad up on pistonheads that clearly explains what i am looking for. Seems no one can actually read and are sending me details to cars what are the complete opposite to what i am asking for.

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3789402.htm

Getting sent links to blue cars, cat d's, 70k+ miles.... Not 1 that has matched up to my description lol.

Put a 'wanted' ad up on pistonheads that clearly explains what i am looking for. Seems no one can actually read and are sending me details to cars what are the complete opposite to what i am asking for.

Getting sent links to blue cars, cat d's, 70k+ miles.... Not 1 that has matched up to my description lol.

Surprised you are having trouble finding one. There are a glut of these for sale at the moment and im sure you could bring someone down by quite a bit.

Went off the 197 idea then?

Sort of after signing up to 197.net. Looking through post histories, everyone had a load of problems with there cars. Put me off them quite a bit.

Decided to go for something bigger and turbo'ed.

Thread could do with some more pics.... taken earlier this evening at a mini meet with the ST and RS owners club.

dsc04263wg.jpg

dsc04261m.jpg

dsc04262b.jpg

dsc04265m.jpg

Been looking at a few STs but not really decided if I want a ST2 or ST3 or if I want a pre-facelift or facelift yet. Won't be buying until August anyway so plenty of time to figure all that out, but I know this is going to be annoying me until then haha! Anything to look specifically be on the look out for?

If you can afford it, definitely aim for a facelift. Push button start would make it worthwhile alone :D I much prefer the look of the whole front end of the facelift, looks a bit more aggressive.

Also, a bit of news if you ST owners hadn't been made aware already: Rust Forming

Seen this post a while ago, been meaning to check mine for rust..

When did they start to release the patch to prevent this? Also how much is it to get the patch if it's not already there?

Reading the thread one guy has a July 2008 with it fitted and another same month same year doesn't.

Quote from thread - "Was in a dealership today and looked at loads of focus's on the forecourt, they were all 08-11 reg and they all had the tailgate stop stickers on but only 59 onwards had the washer pipe sticker "

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom