How many Focus ST owners on here

I've not got an ST but a 2013 1.6 Zetec-s with a few mods and a remap, so far with very limited tuning about for the Ecoboost engine I have got mine to 224bhp. I'm waitting for someone like Jamsport to make a 250bhp tune so I can get to standard ST power level.

Yes Mountune do offer a 200bhp package for the 150 and 180 bhp Ecoboost engine. I have a custom exhaust, air filter with cold air feed and a front mount aswell. Hopeing someone will be making a nice set of cams for the engine soon to take me to 250bhp.

Would it not have been cheaper to just buy the ST?

The ST would have cost me £6k more as I can't get discount on them. Also not that keen on the front end really.

So far spent around £1200 to get it where it is, so if it cost me another £800 to get it to 250bhp thats still a £4k saving.

The ST would have cost me £6k more as I can't get discount on them. Also not that keen on the front end really.

So far spent around £1200 to get it where it is, so if it cost me another £800 to get it to 250bhp thats still a £4k saving.

That's fair enough :) Was a genuine question as I had no idea of the costs involved in getting the focus up to 250bhp

I've still got no idea myself really but i'm hopeing only another £800. Good thing about it at the moment I can get 48mpg which is 5mpg more before I have any work done.

AS CAIS fitted and it sounds luurrrrrvvvly :p You can't really hear the blow of as it's enclosed but when driving even as low revs it's got a sweet low rumbling noise and the car certainly feels more responsive now.

Has anyone here lowered thier car themselves or have you had proffesionals do it for you? I am planning a few modifications (front splitter, painted grills, painted calipers, lowered and short shift installed).

I am happy to do everything except the lowering but is it easy to do as I'll have the wheels off to paint the calipers?

but that's only engine bhp, you're not counting in twin exhausts, the interior, alloys, bodykit etc etc etc, you might not care I guess but that's also where a lot of the cost is. You've got a warmed up mum mobile right now which would be great as a sleeper but would personally do my head in, half the reason I buy hot versions of cars is for the seats/wheels etc, you can't drive everywhere like your hair is on fire but you can enjoy the extras!

Has anyone here lowered thier car themselves or have you had proffesionals do it for you? I am planning a few modifications (front splitter, painted grills, painted calipers, lowered and short shift installed).

I am happy to do everything except the lowering but is it easy to do as I'll have the wheels off to paint the calipers?

If you're confident enough, then I don't see why you couldn't fit springs yourself. I'd always take it to a garage though, for one I don't have the tools, two, I'd more than likely break something and three, we're lucky enough to have someone in the North East who is great with the ST :D

Hi guys, I pick up my 5dr 2010 Focus ST2 tomorrow :D

would have liked a ST3 but only being able to sit two in the rear stopped that!

Will post some pics when I get it

The clutch slipping. ;)

Also try to haggle that down - I got a same colour, same age ST3 with 4K less miles for £12K, and it had had the MP260 kit done. You should be aiming for at least that IMO.

Back
Top Bottom