How many Focus ST owners on here

My bro just chipped his ECU with the Bluefin for another reported 50bhp.

What would he do next to get more power? Into the 300's? Supposedly 275bhp atm.

If all he's done is remap it and nothing else it'll be closer to 260 ATM. To get to 300 you're looking at full exhaust system, with either a sports cat, or decat, a CAIS and an intercooler.

Spent most of yesterday painting my front grills panther black to match my wheels. I really didn't like the horrible grey plastic. Not sure what I am going to do next, probably exhaust upgrade.

RRB67Eo.jpg

Need to get mine done properly, currently plastidipped but looking a bit crap, think I'm gonna get them done professionally as I'll just make a mess of them, thinking about getting them done a dark grey/anthracite colour to match my wheels.

I've said it before in another thread, but I'd much rather have the new Fiesta ST over the new Focus ST. I think the Mountune package would see ~220 in the Fiesta. Now that would be fun :D

Furthermore, as Mountune is only too keen to point out, a Fiesta ST with its upgrade is still cheaper than a 208 GTI or Clio RS...
Surely this makes it a no brainer to anyone considering the three cars...

I've said it before in another thread, but I'd much rather have the new Fiesta ST over the new Focus ST. I think the Mountune package would see ~220 in the Fiesta. Now that would be fun :D

Surely this makes it a no brainer to anyone considering the three cars...

I'd have neither - i'd get a Mk.2 RS instead.

Actually, moving away from fast Fords i'd have an E9x M3 or an Evo X.

I do like the new ST models but I still feel both are too expensive for what they are. They'll both be very good purchases in a couple of years time I reckon.

(although i'd still probably take a Mk.2 ST/RS over a Mk.3 one)

I know these aren't identical, a long way off but having had 2 STs and now owning a 123d Msport I'd say they don't stand much comparison.

If we get away from the fact mine is an oil burner it's still 200bhp+ and a small hatchback and I can tell you, they feel and drive and make you behave entirely differently.

I felt like I knew pretty much whatever was going on under my ST and felt I could push it a lot harder with that in mind, I've no idea what point my 1 series is going to bite me.

On the flip side I found the ST quite tiring over long distances although motorway cruising in 6th was fine, the 1 series pretty much encourages me to take it easy.

Again, I know this isn't an M135 but I genuinely don't see how an extra 100bhp is going to make that problem any better!

Thought it was about time I shared a recent photo of my 2009 Focus ST-2 :)

Standard ST-2 Spec Plus:
+ Sat Nav with Traffic/Phone/Radio/CD/Aux
+ Dual Zone Climate Control
+ Bluetooth
+ Factory Privacy Glass
+ Rear Parking Sensors

Additional Modifications:
+ Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit (Eibach springs with Bilstein B8 dampers)
+ Pro Alloy STRS Intercooler
+ Dreamscience 3" Downpipe
+ Dreamscience 100 cell FIA Race CAT
+ Milltek Ultimate Catback Exhaust
+ Elevate Torque Mount
+ Dreamscience Stratagem X Handset
+ Mirror Gloss Black Alloys
+ Panther Black Mirror Covers
+ Vinyl bonnet lip
+ Vinyl bottom grille lip
+ ST bonnet badge on grille

Focus ST [Side Profile] by johncuthbertuk, on Flickr