How many Focus ST owners on here

Thanks for the immediate reply's guys ! Spot on :)

What would you say then, 11k max for it ? Im trading in a BMW 125 Coupe so hopefully a straight swap ;)

Well just as an example. They have a grey ST3 with the mountune kit (highly regarded) with lower miles than the white one you linked. And it was only £500 more. I fully expect that went less than they advertised.

You'll lose out if your trade in your 125 IMO.

Well just as an example. They have a grey ST3 with the mountune kit (highly regarded) with lower miles than the white one you linked. And it was only £500 more. I fully expect that went less than they advertised.

You'll lose out if your trade in your 125 IMO.

Just seen that one! Yeah, I get what your saying now...

Just seen that one! Yeah, I get what your saying now...

I got £500 knocked off the list price and £500 quid added on original trade in value of my old car, so there's £1k to play with. My ST3 was listed for the same price as that grey ST3 mountune one as well.

Tax was thrown in as well, and I got them to switch over my private reg from my old car to the ST.

I take it you are happy to get an unmolested model? I was always after an untouched ST, but when I made the 300 mile trip I found a cat in the boot, and was then told it had been de-cat'd. Was pretty annoyed about this, so they said they'd pay to have the cat put back on (only just found out recently it's actually a 200cell sports cat!). I was actually happy it came with that after hearing the noise ;).

Also check both keys work, one of them they provided me with didn't. Only needed a new battery. But with them being keyless entry, the car is always looking for the key when the car is opened, and they must have left the car opened in the garage for a while, and it drained the key battery. Cheap to fix, but something else you can get them for.

As an aside, how does the keyless entry work with locking it - if you get out and walk away, does the car lock itself, and if so, how far away do you have to be?

Touch the black dots on the handles, single touch locks double touch deadlocks. Presume it also works on distance but id never trust it.
Also be aware there was a load of keyless ones being stolen without the keys so I'd be reluctant to get on with it.

Eibach springs, caliper paint, grill paint, new badges and a bry short shift are on thier way. Won't be here until next weekend so looking forward to spending a day messing with the car!

For those that have fitted eibach springs. When you declare them to your insurance company are they counted as an aftermarket mod?

I have tried reading around and some online stores state they are ford approved, some places state they were a factory option etc. I want to know how to declare fitting eibachs to my insurance company. I did call and see what impact it would have but when asked did state they were aftermarket (I didn't know any better).

Is there any documentation or any information online that states one way or another how they should affect insurance?

Depends on your own circumstances, some people see an increase in price, some only have to pay an admin fee. I know you could buy them directly from ford, I can't remember if they were offered from the factory though, I think regardless the fact that you've done it now its an aftermarket modification.

On a related note, I've had bilstein b8's fitted today, and the car feels a lot better now, found another blown cv boot though, and the handbrake cable is seized, ahhh well, lol. Also oil filter diaphragm housing blew its top a few weeks back as well but that got sorted pretty quickly.

Needs new discs and pads, and going to do them all round whilst I'm working on the car.

I've read that OEM discs and pads are the best, is the cheapest place to buy straight from Ford? I've put some Pagid discs and pads from Car Parts 4 Less into a basket and it comes to £171 all round which is reasonable! Will these be ok, or should I try and source OEM parts?

The cheapest place to get OEM pads and discs from in the north east is probabley John, ask him. I've got pagid discs on the back of mine, ford pads, don't really know if there's much difference, my front brakes do the brunt of the work if I'm honest, haha.

Yeh I contacted John he's gave me a price for him to fit them, but I'd save £130 if I sourced and fitted them.

Waiting to hear back about a parts only price...

FordPartsUK don't even seem to sell all the required items for the ST!

Started saving up for one now, i reckon £7k should be plenty for a pre-facelift ST3.

So how common is this cracked liner issue im reading about?

John did me a cracking deal on Sunday. Stick with Ford OEM brakes, it's the one thing they did well with.

Cracked liners are around 2% of the cars I reckon. Throw £750 at JamSport (Or around £550 at Tim Williams down Coalville) and they'll make the worry go away however.

Last edited:
I have seen what Jamsport do, easy to get done for much less. If the worst did happen i think Darton liners would be the best bet, never have to worry again.

2% though isnt many in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom