How many Focus ST owners on here

I have an intermittent issue with the reversing light and rear wiper.

As you know, if the front wiper is on, and you reverse, the rear wiper starts. This does not seem to be working anymore, along with the reversing light too. When the light does come on in the rare occasion the rear wiper works.

Could there be a loose connection? Would a new bulbs fix this? Fuse?

Honestly.. little things like that made that car for me, I've moved to a fully loaded diesel 1 series because the ST was crippling me with fuel costs when I changed jobs.

Now I have heated leather seats, dual zone climate, bluetooth etc etc but no heated front screen?

I have auto wipers, but unlike the auto wipers on my ST (ie just ON waiting for rain) I have to press a button on the beemer to tell the auto wipers I want them to be on, and no matter what's going on outside the rear wiper won't ever come on any way other than manually.

2 steps forwards...

Honestly.. little things like that made that car for me, I've moved to a fully loaded diesel 1 series because the ST was crippling me with fuel costs when I changed jobs.

Now I have heated leather seats, dual zone climate, bluetooth etc etc but no heated front screen?

I have auto wipers, but unlike the auto wipers on my ST (ie just ON waiting for rain) I have to press a button on the beemer to tell the auto wipers I want them to be on, and no matter what's going on outside the rear wiper won't ever come on any way other than manually.

2 steps forwards...

Always on wipers are great until they try wiping a frost covered screen when the blades ares still stuck to the bottom.

The ones on my Saab work the same as BMW, I have to tell the car I want them the first time. This also allows a 'calibration' of how much water on the screen is allowable until the wipers kick in.

to be fair it did wind me up when they smeared salt and grime all over the window when I was either low or out of water or the bottle was frozen in winter but either way I'd like the option.

I have an intermittent issue with the reversing light and rear wiper.

As you know, if the front wiper is on, and you reverse, the rear wiper starts. This does not seem to be working anymore, along with the reversing light too. When the light does come on in the rare occasion the rear wiper works.

Could there be a loose connection? Would a new bulbs fix this? Fuse?

I have the same issue. If you find a fix could you post it on here?

Back
Top Bottom