How many Focus ST owners on here

Anybody fitted a Quaife diff?

Getting annoyed with wheelspin with the cp320 map. Would have preferred the torque to be dulled until 3000 rpm but apparently no mapper ever seems to understand why anyone might want this.

Looking for a quick and fun family car to replace my current vti. Anyone have anything bad to say about the new style focus st ? Took a look at a few last week but not had time for test drive.

Was tempted with a Oct VRS but not convinced about interior

Others on my list were a Golf GTI but they seem relatively poor value for money compared to the ST, or a 130/330 but I want to buy from a dealer and the latter 2 literally seem very scarce indeed

Have around 17-18 to spend but more than happy to spend less than that

Took a look at an 08 GTI last week but they are quite expensive and the interior seemed good quality but very bland and lacking in features

Also considering a Cupra which although some don't like the interior I prefer it inside to the GTI

Last edited:
Looking for a quick and fun family car to replace my current vti. Anyone have anything bad to say about the new style focus st ? Took a look at a few last week but not had time for test drive.

Was tempted with a Oct VRS but not convinced about interior

Others on my list were a Golf GTI but they seem relatively poor value for money compared to the ST, or a 130/330 but I want to buy from a dealer and the latter 2 literally seem very scarce indeed

Have around 17-18 to spend but more than happy to spend less than that

Took a look at an 08 GTI last week but they are quite expensive and the interior seemed good quality but very bland and lacking in features

Also considering a Cupra which although some don't like the interior I prefer it inside to the GTI

If it were me looking with that sort of money, I would not go for a Focus ST. I have the MK2 facelift version and as much as it is fast due to all the mods, it severely lacks on build quality. Having come from a BMW, this May have been a little obvious but I definitely miss the sturdiness of German built cars....

I wouldn't spend more than about £12,000 on a Focus ST, even if I had more. That will easily get you a very decent 3 year old example.

Your budget almost gets you into a Focus RS, tempted? ;)

If it were me looking with that sort of money, I would not go for a Focus ST. I have the MK2 facelift version and as much as it is fast due to all the mods, it severely lacks on build quality. Having come from a BMW, this May have been a little obvious but I definitely miss the sturdiness of German built cars....

Where do you think the Focus is made?

I wouldn't spend more than about £12,000 on a Focus ST, even if I had more. That will easily get you a very decent 3 year old example.

Your budget almost gets you into a Focus RS, tempted? ;)

tempted - but not sure of the image - and anyway have 2 kids - so need 5 doors

I see what you are saying ref 3 year old ones @ 12k - but the fuel economy of the 2.5T would really put me off

that is a bit of a change :P

would love a ST-3 2013 focus. will see next year. want something a little more modern. 2004 focus st and a 92 sapphire cosworth. always had older cars so want something new i can keep clean for the future.

I will be joining the ranks of focus ST owners on Monday when I pick up my car, put a deposit on a pre-facelift ST3 earlier today.

50,000 miles, immaculate condition for a 2006 car (perfect bodywork, unkerbed alloys just a few stone chips on the bonnet), full service history with no expense spared on maintenance, most excited about the heated seats though :) only £6800.

Will post pictures once I pick it up.

Om nom nom. Focus RS bits arrived!

Now do I get a Quaiffe diff while i'm at it?

IMG_20140114_170845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom