How many Focus ST owners on here

Back in 2012 mate! :p

Reckon I got their stage 1 map back in 2011 then went back the year after for seconds. Having run lots of different maps on my 2 ST's nothing else has ever come close in comparison :D

Has anyone tried getting the badges replaced under warranty? It seems to be a common problem that the blue oval badge corrodes, as does the ST side wing badges.

Here's the thread on STOC about it

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/247985-new-fordst-badges-fitted-free-by-ford/?hl=%20side%20%20badge

There's a PDF document you take to the garage (although some are playing dumb about it?)
Not had any problems with the wing badges on mine before I fitted a set I'd repainted. Same for the front and rear Ford badges, both were replaced with the chrome painted over so they're not as old as the car. I've seen the wheel centre ones looking shabby if that's what you mean, same on RS's. My ST's out of warranty now, and I expect Ford would call it a trim item only covered for the first year in any case.

Read the PDF dude, says on any car up to 10 years old.

:rolleyes: that'll teach me not to read the info provided :rolleyes:

Would think Ford's quality image doesn't look so good if their exterior badges are suffering from corrosion - like said above I've already replaced mine with ones I've painted so no need to take my car in, the front one was fine when I took it off and I pretty much destroyed the rear getting it off the boot finisher.

Surprised they've not held their hands up with the wheel centre badges as I've seen a lot of those looking very shabby around the edges.

Last edited:
The wing badges are by far the worst for corrosion

post-82714-0-84072700-1394819465.jpg

That's not pretty :(

The set I've got fitted now have that outer border painted satin black and Halfords finest seems to be standing up to the elements just fine.

Wonder if Ford are charging all the badge replacements back to their suppliers?

I popped round to buy one but I felt it didn't match my st as the diffuser was black and I had white stripes. They are good quality though.

God I really miss my ST :(
With the amount of speed humps on the ring road into work a front splitter wouldn't last 5 minute on mine.

What are peoples thoughts on RS style wing badges on a PFL?
Not sure if the profile of the wing is contoured where the wing badges go on the pre-facelift? if so you'd be limited where else to put them as there's a hole in the wing behind the badge (for side repeater on other Focus models)

I'd suggest mocking one up in cardboard or even vinyl to see what they would look like.

Think the guy I know does those for the ST as well, think I've reached the limit of RS type bits and pieces on mine so not tried them.

The wing badges come off easy enough with a hair drier to help warm up the adhesive. You might find the badge splits apart as it's actually 2 layers bonded together but the backing still comes off the wing just fine.

I was surprised at the shadow around where mine had been and the washmitt missed but after a certain amount of faffing retting the set painted with black surrounds there was no way they weren't being fitted :p

im looking at getting the new focus st but the prices have dropped big time on the old ST 170 which is what i have to sell first.
dont want to sell my cosworth to fund the ST :(

im looking at getting the new focus st but the prices have dropped big time on the old ST 170 which is what i have to sell first.
dont want to sell my cosworth to fund the ST :(

I've been looking around at potentially buying a st170 and I was surprised how cheap they are. You can get one with low miles for under 2k.

To be fair that's because it's a slightly quicker two litre Focus that drinks.

Yeah I remember having a look at one in 2004ish and I recall thinking they were very ordinary, not at all quick.

You need one with the recaros etc to give it a slight sense of occasion. That also drops the seat height quite a bit, I think it was called the comfort pack and it was pretty rare.

ye the prices have dropped a lot, the blue ones are still ok price wise which mine is but even they have dropped 2k since last year. :( mine is cracking condition as well. gutted how low the prices are atm.

they are nippy and look great.

The Recaro's came with the Custom pack - I had standard seats in my first ST170 then when I took a later car for a test drive it had the Recaros and they felt great. Couldn't persuade the salesgirl to spec a car for me with only Recaro drivers seat so had to splash out on the whole pack which also included DSP function on the audio and a chunky big woofer in the boot.

They were a sweet drive I always thought but the gearbox had a stiff action, way too tall top gear and the engine just didn't amaze me like I'd expected it to. If you were prepared to rev it hard that helped but even with the much raved about (but bit of a let-down) Bluefin it wasn't that much quicker. Also added a K&N typhoon and a ported throttle body which helped a little bit but again not a massive improvement.

Chassis-wise it was great and you could still hustle it about nicely but it just didn't have a lot of acceleration on tap if you'd slowed down.

101_0145.jpg

Back
Top Bottom