How many Focus ST owners on here

Anyone with a Mrk 3 PFL ST encountered this problem....

Engine idle goes up and down when stationary. Rev counter is bouncing around without any intervention from me. When pulling up to some traffic lights and stopping, the engine can cut out (starts back up ok). Happened to me this morning again.

The above issue seems to occur more frequently in warmer weather. Was never a problem when the weather was colder.

Car is booked in with my local Ford Dealer next week.

Just wondering if any fellow owners have come across this.:)

Been reading up on it and it does indeed sound like it. Issue lead to a product recall by Ford USA to resolve the issue, although no such action by Ford UK/Europe.

Got the car booked in next Thursday and will go armed with the Ford USA Technical Service Bulletin and USA Recall Notice.

Drove home from work yesterday and all was fine. Had to pop out later that evening to my local shop and experienced three engine cut outs!

bushes_zpsi4zxf1y5.jpg

Bushes today :)

Morning all,

I've had my engine warning light come on (MK2 St), for the heated circuit on both oxygen sensors.

Does anyone know the location on the sensors? I believe there is one before the cat and one after?

I had a quick look, all I could see was one on the cat???

Any help is appreciated! thanks!

Morning all,

I've had my engine warning light come on (MK2 St), for the heated circuit on both oxygen sensors.

Does anyone know the location on the sensors? I believe there is one before the cat and one after?

I had a quick look, all I could see was one on the cat???

Any help is appreciated! thanks!

Could be completely wrong but are they not the lambda and MAF sensors?

MK2 ST owners. I want to replace all of my engine/gearbox mounts. I don't really want polybushed ones, I just want to tighten things up and see if new mounts combat a problem I am having (chattering/shimmying rattle from low RPM in 4th, 5th etc, driveshafts/CV joints etc all look good as do heatshields)... should I be looking @ RS mounts or are there differences? I assume there are 3 mounts I need to be looking into?

Any advice and sources to purchase appreciated :)

In my ever increasing list of mods to do to the car I came across some turbo smart stuff. Anyone have any insight or thoughts on the following:

TurboSmart Upgraded 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid
TurboSmart Dual Port- Kompact Shortie
TurboSmart IWG75 Focus ST 2.5 Actuator - 7psi

This is obviously to go along with the rest of the mods I listed previously (Block mod, RS Clutch, Intercooler, Induction, Inlet Plenum and stage 2 or 3 remap).

One in the downpipe, one in the cat.

Cheers mate, turns out it is the one in the down pipe that had gone - no resistance across the heating element.

Had to book it into a garage to get it changed, as there's no chance of getting a spanner onto it

MK2 ST owners. I want to replace all of my engine/gearbox mounts. I don't really want polybushed ones, I just want to tighten things up and see if new mounts combat a problem I am having (chattering/shimmying rattle from low RPM in 4th, 5th etc, driveshafts/CV joints etc all look good as do heatshields)... should I be looking @ RS mounts or are there differences? I assume there are 3 mounts I need to be looking into?

Any advice and sources to purchase appreciated :)

Hardrace are always a good option, they do the gear box mounts, not sure about the engine mounts

http://aandkmotorsport.com/epages/0...P&FacetRange_ListPrice=&FacetRange_ListPrice=

I got my lower wishbones and droplinks from here, seem a really good quality product

So, I am pretty excited. Got myself booked in for next friday at BD Performance in Wrexham to have the following work done:

Block Mod & RS Clutch
Quaife ATB Helical LSD
Airtec Stage2 Gen3 Intercooler
AS Performance Inlet manifold for Focus Mk2 ST – Orange
Dreamscience CAIS

TurboSmart Upgraded 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid
TurboSmart Dual-Port Kompact Shortie Dump Valve

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

REVO Stage 2

5PC Coolant silicon hoses - Orange
Boost Induction silicon hoses - Orange

Short Shifter
Bonnet Lifter

Taken me a few months of reading and ummmming and aaaaahhhhing to decide on everything. To say I am excited is an understatement. As with everything this is just the engine work I want done. Next will be suspension and handling and in-between that little bits and pieces of aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom