How many Focus ST owners on here

*shrug* I have the money and it is something I want to do. Maybe it isn't the best financial investment in the world but screw it. It is going to be fun :)

Last edited:
Currently looking at mk2 facelift ST3s (2008+) and it seems that they are holding their price quite well for a 7 year old car. A reasonable example is at least £9k which seems about £500-1k more than the last time I checked 12-18 months ago.

It's a bit mad paying £9k for a 7 year old mk2 Focus. A Golf GTI/R32 of a similar age comes in at the same price.

Is there any reason for this or is it just the time of year/market?

Currently looking at mk2 facelift ST3s (2008+) and it seems that they are holding their price quite well for a 7 year old car. A reasonable example is at least £9k which seems about £500-1k more than the last time I checked 12-18 months ago.

It's a bit mad paying £9k for a 7 year old mk2 Focus. A Golf GTI/R32 of a similar age comes in at the same price.

They've held their value for the past 2 years. I remember looking at prices when I was considering selling 2 years ago, and they are the same price as now! It's crazy.

I think it's down to the engine, Ford really did all us Mk2 ST/RS owners a favor when they released the 4 pot 2 litre :D

I'm now considering whether to sell up while the price is still high, or keep it, and take advantage of this seemingly non-depreciating car!

I know I'm after a 2006 Mk2 ST Focus and have sort of kept an eye on the prices over the last 12 months and they haven't budged an inch. I'm having a hard time deciding if 6-6.5k is too much for a 9 year old Focus!
It's annoying that the majority that are for sale are at dealerships who stick a good £500 ontop of the private sellers asking prices.
What would people say is a fair price for a 2006 ST? As i thought 6k would be enough for one with less than 70k on but looking round I don't think it will be .

Last edited:
Put my ITG induction kit on today and removed and bunged up the symposer:

IMG_1477_zpsm071of5z.jpg

Same engine as me. Where did you get the kit from & did you notice any improvement with the power delivery?

I know I'm after a 2006 Mk2 ST Focus and have sort of kept an eye on the prices over the last 12 months and they haven't budged an inch. I'm having a hard time deciding if 6-6.5k is too much for a 9 year old Focus!
It's annoying that the majority that are for sale are at dealerships who stick a good £500 ontop of the private sellers asking prices.
What would people say is a fair price for a 2006 ST? As i thought 6k would be enough for one with less than 70k on but looking round I don't think it will be .

Depends on spec and condition to be honest.

I have an 06 ST3 and I seem to have one of the highest specced ones I can find online. Factory Nav, Keyless, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers and its nearly about to hit 50k. Looking at Autotrader I seem to be able to put it up for at least £7.5K, maybe even £8k. That is a little mad.

Depends on spec and condition to be honest.

I have an 06 ST3 and I seem to have one of the highest specced ones I can find online. Factory Nav, Keyless, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers and its nearly about to hit 50k. Looking at Autotrader I seem to be able to put it up for at least £7.5K, maybe even £8k. That is a little mad.

Yes it's crazy the prices the ST3 can go for as majority for sale are the ST2. It's annoying that everything is an optional extra on them as my ST220 has heated leather seats, auto wipers and lights, cruise control etc standard.
It's certainly a car that u can run for a year or two and not lose much in depreciation as they hold there value so well.

Had mine for just over a year so far.

I got it cheap as it needed a little bit of TLC. Replaced the ABS module (common failure), replaced the boot release button and replaced the front bushes with Hardrace Wishbones and ball joints as they were getting a bit old.

Other than that she has been pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom