How many Focus ST owners on here

Had mine for just over a year so far.

I got it cheap as it needed a little bit of TLC. Replaced the ABS module (common failure), replaced the boot release button and replaced the front bushes with Hardrace Wishbones and ball joints as they were getting a bit old.

Other than that she has been pretty good!

How much is the Abs module on these I have seen quite a few listed saying they have had this done and heard figures thrown around of upto 1k :eek: seems that and the oil diaphragm are the most common I have head of. And. The dreaded split liners from remapped one's on the ST forums :eek:
Can used replacement Turbo's be picked up cheap for these does anyone know? What mileage do people do the cambelt and waterpump change aswell?

Last edited:
It used to cost £1k before they discovered it wasn't the pump and in fact the electronic side. Cost me about £370 all in.

Split liners can happen on any engine but it's still a small % and not really worth worrying about too much.

Turbos are extremely reliable and don't fail that often. So I don't actually know. Water pump is that same, extremely reliable and many never have to be done. Cambelt is 125k or 10 years.

Just have a grand as back up at all times and you should be ok :)

I've been contemplating putting mine up for sale now as its now become a very good example. It's a fast car no issues but it's just a bit boring I find :/ I think I'm gonna be forever hard to please lol.

I can post the buying checklist I knocked up when I got mine if you want mate.

Just have a grand as back up at all times and you should be ok :)

I've been contemplating putting mine up for sale now as its now become a very good example. It's a fast car no issues but it's just a bit boring I find :/ I think I'm gonna be forever hard to please lol.

I can post the buying checklist I knocked up when I got mine if you want mate.

I've got that checklist thanks mate think u posted it for me a while back. How can u find a remapped ST boring :eek: lol. What would u replace it with?

Last turbo I bought for my ST was £80. It's only if you need an RS turbo does it climb to £1k, hope mine never goes, haha.

Is the engine and Turbo different in the RS? Or is it the same 2.5 with more Bhp?
How much Bhp and torque is yours running Mucky_pup? I seen a RS for sale the other day at 28k running 550bhp apparently :eek: that's insane.

Is the engine and Turbo different in the RS? Or is it the same 2.5 with more Bhp?
How much Bhp and torque is yours running Mucky_pup? I seen a RS for sale the other day at 28k running 550bhp apparently :eek: that's insane.

Bigger K16 turbo on the RS, and it's running a different compression ratio, there's also a possibility that the RS engine is manufactured slightly differently making it stronger. But I don't think that last part has ever been verified or confirmed.

Mine standard with the exception of the exhaust which will may increase it slightly, just bought an intercooler, so once everything is on will be up to 420bhp.

Last edited:
Just ordered a new ST3 estate, 250ps petrol, stock build with the reversing camera.

Test drove it this morning put a real smile on my face, very surprised by throttle response and the precision of the steering was superb considering its an estate.

also the boost gauge shows 2 bar of boost do these new engines really run that much boost as stock?

Bigger K16 turbo on the RS, and it's running a different compression ratio, there's also a possibility that the RS engine is manufactured slightly differently making it stronger. But I don't think that last part has ever been verified or confirmed.

Mine standard with the exception of the exhaust which will may increase it slightly, just bought an intercooler, so once everything is on will be up to 420bhp.

Different injectors, ECU and sensors too.

Just ordered a new ST3 estate, 250ps petrol, stock build with the reversing camera.

Test drove it this morning put a real smile on my face, very surprised by throttle response and the precision of the steering was superb considering its an estate.

also the boost gauge shows 2 bar of boost do these new engines really run that much boost as stock?

More boost due to the smaller 2.0L Ecoboost engine?

quick one please - booking my car (not ST - but this is nearest thread) - 1.6T 180 in for a service - 3 year one

when booking in it gives an option of a free oil and petrol additive treatment - its a tick box if you have a service its free

I'm thinking even though free its probably best not to take this up ? but first Ford/Ford engine I've owned so not sure

I have got some standard parts/trims etc that I had replaced on the RS. I have no idea how much they would go for second hand, am I allowed to post a list up on here asking how much they normally go for?

I don't want it to become a for sale thread as I know it's against the rules but wasn't too sure if it was allowed to ask "how much should I sell X for"?

EDIT: Just had a reply from a Don and it's probably not a good idea so I won't be posting it :)

Last edited:
:D

IMG_1507_zpsrowrqhfn.jpg

Be mid-late August, need to get the money together for the remap now, and that should be it. Still waiting on a Spec-R header tank being made/delivered, but think I'm just gonna add that later on (when it eventually comes lol).

Not quite as exciting as Mucky_Pup's new kit but todays mod was replacing the aircon control knobs. Old on the right, new on the left. Looks much smarter I think :)

u8NIHhS.jpg

Last edited:
Guys I'm considering buying a 14/15 focus St 2/3 in the next 12 months when i sort my bills out. Is there any issues with it using a Dual Mass flywheel? Has the reliability improved in Ford's in recent times? I did used to have a focus many years ago but since moved onto Jap cars.

Thanks in advance..

Couldn't have white on my car, repainted with green, need to touch up some of it with a brush, and need to touch up where the masking tape has taken the black off the intercooler as well.

IMG_1511_zpshopmytcs.jpg

Anyone with MK2 facelift ST replaced their wheel nuts? The stupid hollow ones with chrome caps that come off as soon as you need to take the wheel off for anything?

Well I'm missing quite a few of those caps now, and I'm looking at replacing them with solid ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-16-Replacement-Wheel-Nuts-M12-x-1-5-With-Washer-WN780-Alloy-Wheels-Only-/360809372901?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item5401ea1ce5&clk_rvr_id=879663822359&rmvSB=true - Would these do?

Also has anyone had their oval badges replaced by Ford for free? And if so, do they replace the center caps on the alloys too? All my badges have corroded all over.

Back
Top Bottom