How many Focus ST owners on here

Ford did do it last year for free. only bonnet and boot Ford badges IIRC. I asked earlier this year and it wasn't being continued.

Also wheel caps and side badges were not included in the offer.

I've never had any problems with the caps coming off the Ford wheel nuts, maybe the fact they've never been near any airtools in garages helps.

The aftermarket ebay ones should do but will probably look a bit shabby after a while as they'll be plated steel.

Just make sure you go for the ones with washers or very wide cones if one piece, as many aftermarket ones aren't wide enough for the larger holes in Ford wheels and in rare cases the wheel can fall off over the nuts as they're too narrow!!!

Seeing how many corroded wheel centre caps you see I'm surprised Ford haven't bitten the bullet to have them replaced like they did with the main front and rear ones. Course it could be the actual badge supplier copping for the bill rather than Ford themselves.

Anyone on here got a Collins Quickshift fitted on their MK2 Focus ST's? What do you think about them if so? I've just ordered one as Phil W reminded me Collins have them on silly cheap offer. So, wondering what they do/if they are a worthy addition.

Anyone on here got a Collins Quickshift fitted on their MK2 Focus ST's? What do you think about them if so? I've just ordered one as Phil W reminded me Collins have them on silly cheap offer. So, wondering what they do/if they are a worthy addition.

Had a Bryshifter on my RS and it was fantastic. Definitely a must have mod.

Can you recommend some quality ones then?

The chrome caps come of even when using a normal wrench

I had the TPI ones on my RS. I use the OEM nuts but found some TPI covers to go over them. From what was posted previously the TPI nuts were no good as they were the wrong size.

Last edited:
Guys I'm considering buying a 14/15 focus St 2/3 in the next 12 months when i sort my bills out. Is there any issues with it using a Dual Mass flywheel? Has the reliability improved in Ford's in recent times? I did used to have a focus many years ago but since moved onto Jap cars.

Thanks in advance..

Most new cars, petrol or diesel, have had dual mass flywheels for some years now. I don't recall reading of one failing, certainly not with a petrol engine. Unless you treat the clutch like an on/off switch then it's nothing to worry about.

Fords have been pretty reliable cars for years, it's just the build quality in certain areas that sometimes leaves a bit to be desired.

Haven't heard of any ST owners having problems with the DMF. If you're going to be modding you'll probably end up swapping it out when doing the RS clutch like I have.

Haven't heard of any ST owners having problems with the DMF. If you're going to be modding you'll probably end up swapping it out when doing the RS clutch like I have.

Only issue is that the Mk3 RS uses a different drivetrain to the ST so there's no direct OEM upgrade that there is for the Mk2!

So how many people nabbed a Collins Quickshift kit for £30 yesterday?

Yea I got one too, £30 from Collins, KMS is still doing them at £45. Collins was meant to be an August offer but they ended it after one day. I guess they weren't prepared for such a response!

Jamous: Join various tuner companies as well as Focus related Facebook pages. You will know instantly when deals are on :D

Yea I got one too, £30 from Collins, KMS is still doing them at £45. Collins was meant to be an August offer but they ended it after one day. I guess they weren't prepared for such a response!

Jamous: Join various tuner companies as well as Focus related Facebook pages. You will know instantly when deals are on :D

I'm not popular enough or interesting enough to be on Facebook lol.

Just picked up some RS Injectors for £100. Score. CP340 is underway! :D

Been looking at these recently, meant to help at most levels of tune.

Just to update on the question I asked earlier.

Went to Ford and ordered the centre caps £5.60 each and asked if they still did the front and rear badge replacement. Which they do, so getting fresh new badges all round.

Tried to order the pre-facelift wheel nuts from them too, but he seems to think they don't do them anymore, and can only get the chrome capped ones. So I've ordered some from Amazon via the thread on focusstoc.com which recommended the steel capped solid nuts.

Going to order 4 F1AS2's soon and then get the alloys refurbed. So will be all like brand new!

Been looking at these recently, meant to help at most levels of tune.

Your map has to support the injectors or it will just overfuel and your MPG figures will be all wrong. I know REVO doesn't support uprated injectors and Collins CP320 and below do not either.

Hi ubern00b,

Those replacement a/c knobs how did you find their fit.

I just fitted mine and not happy with how they sit.

They don't sit back into the dash enough so i can see the lights coming out around them.

Mine sit pretty flush, I haven't noticed any light bleed but I don't drive at night very much. I will take a photo over the weekend of mine when it is dark for a comparison.

Back
Top Bottom