How many Focus ST owners on here

Probably, once decorating is done at house and I have the space, the seats, carpet and trim will be coming out to allow me to sound deaden it, change the speakers, and run in cables for amp and sub eventually. After that i don't know what I'll do though.

More carbon fibre though!!

Pretty sure it was your post on STOC where you were going to go over to his stall at Ford Fest and "give him a piece of your mind"?

Again, I went by reviews and word of mouth. All of them singing praise. Now I am wrapped up in him by £2k and no sign of a go date. Even when I get a go date I am starting to wonder if my car will end up in a wall (they drove some guy on Facebook's car into a wall once they had completed the work) or if the work will be sub-par.

*sigh*

I was all for it, until the owner of the car who is having the issues asked me not to. There was two of us that wanted to go over and have some fun but alas, it wasn't to be.

I keep forgetting to ask Bill what happened after all that. All I know is that Darren's partner threatened to knock him out after Darren spent two hours trying to justify the horrendous paint job they'd done on it and Bill was having none of it.

I was all for it, until the owner of the car who is having the issues asked me not to. There was two of us that wanted to go over and have some fun but alas, it wasn't to be.

I keep forgetting to ask Bill what happened after all that. All I know is that Darren's partner threatened to knock him out after Darren spent two hours trying to justify the horrendous paint job they'd done on it and Bill was having none of it.

Great, sounds like I'm in bed with a lovely bunch of people :(

Having looked properly today my turbo needle boosts all the way nearly touching the red. And when I floor it it shoots to near the red straight away instantly which makes it a jerky ride while I'm still getting used to the delivery.
So has it been remapped? The old guy who owned it from new said its all standard and certainly didn't look the type for a remap :eek:

If it's boosting into the red, it'll be mapped, yep.

The only time it looks fully on the red is when it flickers off it in 5th and 6th at high speeds. So I guess it's mapped then and he hasn't been truthful. I planned on getting it mapped anyway at somepoint as I heard it makes it better.
Will it matter I don't know where it's been mapped? Can it ever cause problems? And will it be worse for the car in terms of clutch and turbo wear etc?

Obviously mapping anything above standard can increase wear on the turbo, clutch, transmission parts etc. More power you have, more need for the block mod (so they say).

Stick it on some rollers. You'll soon get used to the power delivery but I find mine a little jerky sometimes, I blame the map on it, it's a Collins map on mine however. Just have to floor it instead :D

Got my 3" downpipe delivered yesterday so just need it fitted now. Will be a complete 3" turbo back KMS Thunderstorm with 200 cell cat.

Got my rear windows tinted yesterday too, 5%. Looks good :D

May sound a silly question but can the ends of the exhausts be changed on the ST225 without getting a whole new exhaust system? As mine look abit scabby. Or anyone know of any cleaner that will make them look shiny again like when new?

You can change the tips yes, or clean with Autosol.

The tips will set you back a fair bit though, may as well just wait until you have money for a cat back.

Third time lucky managed to get a Spec-R header tank, had a second one on order after waiting 4 months for a one that never turned up, ordered one yesterday from a different supplier who had them actually in stock so should have it by the weekend.

Also kind of bought the power steering tank as well to go with it, ooops.

Which means I need to buy a front strut brace to mount the power steering tank on now, lol.

Speaking of header tanks, I was contemplating a Pro Alloy (with sight hole) header tank to replace the plastic one since I am getting the block mod and a bunch of other work done and replacing all hoses with silicon ones etc, it made sense to do this at the same time.

Is there any benefit to doing it? Purely aesthetic?

Can someone help me with this please. Had my ST225 s week now and as others have said to me on the previous page if it boosts to near the red it's mapped but the old guy I purchased it off who had it from new says its standard!
It's crap in 1st gear and doesn't boost much but then in 2nd upwards it goes to near the top more so in 5th and 6th. But today driving it it was only boosting to half way at some points :confused:
I just can't see it being mapped as it the boost shoots right up for a few seconds and stays there but the power dies so I have to change gear at around 4k revs as even though the needle stays up on the gauge the boost goes quickly and it almost feels like it's just dragging along with no power from 4k revs+ in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
Can it be a faulty boost solenoid? The only other one I had a go in before I got this was standard and that boosted to 3/4 also.
How much would it cost to get a printout of Bhp from a rolling road?

Last edited:
Can someone help me with this please. Had my ST225 s week now and as others have said to me on the previous page if it boosts to near the red it's mapped but the old guy I purchased it off who had it from new says its standard!
It's crap in 1st gear and doesn't boost much but then in 2nd upwards it goes to near the top more so in 5th and 6th. But today driving it it was only boosting to half way at some points :confused:
I just can't see it being mapped as it the boost shoots right up for a few seconds and stays there but the power dies so I have to change gear at around 4k revs as even though the needle stays up on the gauge the boost goes quickly and it almost feels like it's just dragging along with no power from 4k revs+ in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
Can it be a faulty boost solenoid? The only other one I had a go in before I got this was standard and that boosted to 3/4 also.
How much would it cost to get a printout of Bhp from a rolling road?

Boost solenoid was my first thought, cheap enough to replace to test anyway.

Did you get a "vehicle passport" before buying the car? Just to check that what he says is gospel? It will tell you if he was the only owner etc.

Boosting to 3/4 and settling to half in 3rd gear+ is normal. Boosting into the red is not and is a sure sign it has been mapped.

I hpi checked it yes he's the only owner from new as the v5 says etc. it's been serviced at the local ford garage near him all its life. The gauge is going to at least 3/4 most of the time apart from in 1st but I can't believe how once it's boosted all the way the power of the car dies and I have to change gear almost like in a diesel. My ST220 used to hit 70mph in 2nd but after the boost this is dead at about 45- 50 tops. It's only in 4th and above it pulls really well imo

Back
Top Bottom