How many Focus ST owners on here

Where is the best place to buy a boost solenoid as cheap as possible? Cheapest I can see anywhere is £65.
My car was boosting to only half today at certain points so I'm still happy to believe that the old guy I purchased from didn't have it remapped even though on the motorway the boost needle is going all the way. So I'm going to replace the boost solenoid which is worth a try.
Has anyone got any ideas about the actuator? And cost? As I have heard that being faulty can make it overboost!

Got mine here
But if you plan on doing it yourself might be worth doing a course on keyhole surgery as it was the biggest PITA I have encountered :rolleyes:

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/boo...rburg-7-28197-16-0_g761_a0057.28197.16.0.html
If your not a member of the ST club it's worth joining best 10 squid I have spent
Gets you access to the technicsl forums well worth it

Wow can't believe how cheap they are selling the boost solenoid for :eek: compared to other sites.
Yeh I'll have a look at the ST owners club.thanks.

have prices for the new rs been released yet? cant find anything other than a guess at the US price.

Edit: 12pm on the 16th, it will be live on the car configuration on the 17th. If you have already placed a deposit you should be getting it late q1 early q2 next year.

Here is a link to the announcements on the 16th - https://youtu.be/tUXyOeU30_k

Last edited:
Rules it out for Dav4 as a contributing factor for boost issues.

I've ordered the boost solenoid from the site someone linked to above as it only came to £25 with delivery :eek: so hopefully that solves it. One minute it's boosting to half or just over like it should then the next minute it's going into the red. Hopefully it's the boost sensor and not the actuator which I've seen mentioned can cause overboosting.

c1dcd1eb-d010-47e2-a2d9-b5093cd9585b_zpsyzyupnkv.jpg

:)

I'm tempted but hoping for Mountune to release a package from day 1. Waiting for a test drive before I make my mind up.

Like it hasn't got enough power already :p should be a winner with the AWD though instead of trying to put all that power through the front wheels like previous cars.
Hope they have better security than the new Fezza ST's that are getting stolen at an alarming rate due to the weak keyless entry on them otherwise the new RS is going to be targeted like the old Sierra Cosworths

To be fair the mk2 put down 425+bhp quite well when dry, in the wet it struggled in 1st and 2nd. I suppose it depends on what you are used to, just worried it might feel slow compared to what I'm now used to.

They have been targeting the old mk2 RS for ages now. Its one of the reasons I really despise keyless start. It was one big worry when I had it and I know it has got to lots of owners and caused people to sell up! Hoping you can spec the mk3 without it.

Last edited:
Oh man, part of me has just died :(

I had my heart set on one of these from the moment they started talking about them, sadly now the car fund is being put into bricks and mortar.

Back
Top Bottom