How many Focus ST owners on here

Whether this will change in the future is anybody's guess. It was the same when the mk2 RS came out. There was hardly any discount applied via privilege (If any) through the time it was on sale. From what people have said it was a maximum of £2,000 off. Which is a bit of a difference when you look at some members getting 7k+ off a ST with privilege.
£2K is the maximum discount on the Ford Privilege scheme, used to be a flat percentage but it changed some years back.

When I was looking at the mk2 RS it was on the privilege scheme and you got the full £2K off the price. However that was the limit to any deals they were doing whereas with the ST there were also dealer discounts applied on top of the privilege saving. These weren't specific to privilege customers as far as I understood it.

I did not tell the dealer about privilege until after we had haggled.

I already had a fair chunk off using leverage from websites like drive the deal and carwow.

The privilege gave me an additional £1500 cash off and free paint which was a £500 extra.

I was looking at the Golf R but didn't want to wait 9 months +. The focus was £10k cheaper and great fun to drive. Plus as i wanted an estate my options were limited.

I'm off to the USA to drive a Mustang round California for 2 weeks on Saturday hopefully the focus will be ready for me when i get back.

Will probably try, tried a few other suppliers first and no-one is stocking them anymore, still waiting to hear back from JW racing first as they said they might have them in stock.

Spent yesterday at Collins having car bumped up to the CP340 kit. Block mod included which meant fair few hours work stripping down to remove the head for a 2 minute job then rebuilding it all again. Bit of a worry when one of the exhaust manifold studs snapped but luckily Gary was able to get the pesky little ****er out

Head%20Off.jpg

Very nice! Were you on CP320 previously? How do you find CP340? Still waiting to get mine done. Just had to fork out £3200 to move house unexpectedly so I will be waiting a fair bit longer. *sigh*

Very nice! Were you on CP320 previously? How do you find CP340? Still waiting to get mine done. Just had to fork out £3200 to move house unexpectedly so I will be waiting a fair bit longer. *sigh*
Yep I've upgraded from the CP320 - only needed the map, actuator and block mod as I was already running RS injectors and the other necessary mods. After it's last service Gary had said it would be due a set of belts next time so that was due in 6 months time anyhow.

It's taking bit of time to get used to the new set-up, there's a little bit less low down at times which I was told to expect but you do really feel it pick up at 2.5K and it gets going with more urgency from there upwards. First drive on a few local bends I was having to watch the road a lot more and seemed to arrive at the corners a lot quicker ;)

Got my power steering tank bracket and coolant tank cap cover the other day.

Also got my silent coat matting and dynamat finishing tape yesterday, which I'm going to use to line the boot to try and kill some noise for the moment, next summer will be taking the inside out and doing the whole car and changing the speakers, and maybe adding an amp and sub.

Silent coat is decent stuff, cheaper than dynamat and seems easier to work with. I've used it to treat the inside of my MX5s boot, the boot floor under the carpet is extremely resonant and with the roof up the exhaust drone at certain rev ranges gets annoying.

Got my boost solenoid changed and it's made a difference. Instead of boosting all the way to the red and running out quickly the boost gauge now goes to a quarter for a few seconds then holds at half way on the gauge does this sound right for a standard car :confused:

Got my boost solenoid changed and it's made a difference. Instead of boosting all the way to the red and running out quickly the boost gauge now goes to a quarter for a few seconds then holds at half way on the gauge does this sound right for a standard car :confused:

it must be standard if you got time to look at what the gauge is doing :eek:

kidding aside, mines standard and beleive thats normal but im no expert, just like having fun:D

From memory on a standard 2.5L ST the boost gauge would tip over to 3/4 when you put your foot down then settle around halfway.

Tis a distant memory that one though ;)

Picked up my ST3 today.

Bit of a damper on the whole experience when i discovered my car does not have Sat Nav.

My own fault for not checking everything fully, i spent ages researching knew the exact model i wanted and the extras and the Nav got missed when the order went through. I even remember having a discussion with the sales guy who told me the ST-3 came with Nav by default and me telling him it did not. Really annoying but not something i was going to reject the car over.

Really disappointing as i was expecting it to have it.

here are some pics i took this morning.

2015-10-16%2008.35.28.jpg

2015-10-16%2008.35.14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom