How many Focus ST owners on here

Great looking car the ST estate! Is it the proper one or the diesel version :p
I wouldn't have been happy about the nav if the salesman had said it was standard u should have said something.

I did moan they went to check took around an hour making calls. Told me it could not be fitted out of the factory.

It's not a deal breaker for me as I've never had a car with sat nav built in but for £250 I would have had and indeed intended to have it.

It's the proper petrol version no emissions cheating here

E

Picked up my ST3 today.

Bit of a damper on the whole experience when i discovered my car does not have Sat Nav.

My own fault for not checking everything fully, i spent ages researching knew the exact model i wanted and the extras and the Nav got missed when the order went through. I even remember having a discussion with the sales guy who told me the ST-3 came with Nav by default and me telling him it did not. Really annoying but not something i was going to reject the car over.

Really disappointing as i was expecting it to have it.

here are some pics i took this morning.
Did you buy it via Privilege? What they do when they spec up a car on there is price a base spec ST-3, then give you your discount. Then you have to add nav as an option and take off the 20% discount. I've found this when I've been getting quotes. It's very sneaky and I'd be kicking up a fuss as it'll devalue the car a little, as there are so few ST-3s out there with no Nav!

I did buy it via privilege yes.

When looking we noticed two base SKU's one had NAV on the end. Probably right. I'm not worried about devalue as im not likely to be keeping it for the length of the agreement let alone beyond. But there are also very few Petrol ST estates it seems so hopefully a bonus for me. I have asked them to see what they can sort out. They are a Ford owned dealer not an independent so they want a top score on the survey Ford have sent me. I'm using that as leverage atm.

The seats are comfortable but tight.

I'm 5'10" and 100kg so not skinny. The seats in my Mk1 focus were tight and uncomfortable they pinched. These don't they hold you well. I had recaro seats in my Fiesta RS Turbo and in all 3 Sierra Cosworths i had so i am used to the size/style. I have yet to do a drive longer than 40 mins sat in them however.

Thanks. Am I right in thinking if I get the st3 plus the bigger wheels and style pack it will come with the 19" in black rather than silver?

Ps. Do you have any photos of the interior? Seats etc. And are both front seats electric? Is the drivers memory depending on which key used?

Last edited:
The ST3 comes with the same wheels but in grey not silver. ST1-2 wheels are silver.

The style pack gives the bigger rims yes.

The ride is harsh enough i can imaging with larger rims and lower profile tires it would be firmer.

Both seats are electric. Not sure on the memory thing. It does have my Key with loads of options to set if the other key is used but not something i will really use.

Well here's mine:

st.jpg

2010 ST-3, 13,000 miles, FSH, completely standard, and in excellent condition.

Supposedly the ride is OK on the 19s. Just think the 18" wheels look a bit small in the arches.

What was the build time from you ordering?

The car i test drove had 19"s but i didn't drive it long enough to notice the difference in ride or go over anything bumpy.

Have a look at them first i thought the spokes looked a little thin and the result a little chavvy for me. But then im getting old.

Just over 3 months but the dealership already had a focus estate on order, they just changed the spec to suit my order.

I was tempted as i would have liked the tinted windows that come with the pack but didn't want the added cost of them alone or the lead time they added on for some reason.

Very nice, looks a minter :)

Here's my Panther Black at the mo:

http://www.illusional.co.uk/focus/pics/resize1.jpg[img]

Just fitted a decat and quick shift kit. Think I might take the quick shift kit off as my changes are slower now haha.[/QUOTE]

Looks great, there's something amazing about the look of that colour, and of course the sound of the engine! I slightly prefer the wheels on yours, I might at some point change mine to some silver/grey alloys.

The car i test drove had 19"s but i didn't drive it long enough to notice the difference in ride or go over anything bumpy.

Have a look at them first i thought the spokes looked a little thin and the result a little chavvy for me. But then im getting old.

Just over 3 months but the dealership already had a focus estate on order, they just changed the spec to suit my order.

I was tempted as i would have liked the tinted windows that come with the pack but didn't want the added cost of them alone or the lead time they added on for some reason.

Thanks I'm after an estate also. Will see how I get on. Get 35% discount on a st but not a Rs for some reason being military based overseas.

Test fitted my strut brace the other day, drilled holes for the power steering bracket, just got them away for powder coating today, so will hopefully have them back and it back on the car by the end of the week.

Getting the rest of the work done on my car in a months time :D

Those who had these Collins quickshifts on offer.

Do you actually think you change gear quicker with them? My box felt nice and smooth without it and with it it's fine etc just feels weightier and not as quick to change gear despite the reduced throw, however I could smash through the gears way quicker without it. Which kinda defeats the point? :D

I've been using the Collins Quick-shift for a couple of years now - can remember that initially it took a little bit more care to get the shifts right but I must have gotten used to it before too long as I don't even have to think about how I'm changing gear now.

Can't say it makes the changes any quicker, maybe I'd see the difference if I was to drive an ST without one fitted as a comparison.

What mileage do u guys get the cambelt and water pump done on the mk2 Focus ST? I know it says 10yrs/100k but mine is 10yrs in January and it's done 72k now so shall i get it done now just incase? How much should the kit cost me I'm seeing quite a difference in prices.
Also with mine being on 72k will the original clutch not last much longer if i get it remapped? As I know not many peole get over 80k on ST clutches

Back
Top Bottom