How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
The problem I have with the Fiesta ST (and the new Focus ST) is that it looks like someone ingested all the interior buttons and then sat in the driver's seat and vomited them all over the dash.

I mean they're just everywhere, and there's no real logical layout to them at all.

Soldato
Looks like evo, pistonheads and autoexpress have released their first thoughts of the new Focus RS.

Have any of you placed an order or at least booked a test drive?

Associate
OK, so I'm going to ask something that may just get me flamed, I don't know what the general consensus is.

In the market for a new car, Focus ST is on the radar. At the moment I'm Driving an Ibiza 1.2Tsi, which is cheap on insurance, £30 Tax and does 50MPG on my daily commute.

I'm loathed to get something that's going to hurt my pocket a lot more on a weekly basis, but do want something more powerful and looks well. With that in mind I thought about the 185 PS diesel, rather than the more powerful petrol. What are the opinions on the diesel?

Soldato
It's a diesel, what more to say? :p

Personally I don't see the point, but if you want diesel and ~180HP there isn't much around that isn't in a higher price bracket.

Have you thought about the petrol Zetec S as maybe an inbetween?

Soldato
The touchscreen infotainment is utterly terrible in the new focus. It's like they went to Toys R Us and picked the cheapest tablet looking iPad from the under 3s section.

Before I got mine, I thought it was quite good. But you quickly realise it's about 5 years behind what you come to expect from a phone these days. Sync3 with Apple/Android support should be better - one would hope! But we won't see it until 2017.

Soldato
OK, so I'm going to ask something that may just get me flamed, I don't know what the general consensus is.

In the market for a new car, Focus ST is on the radar. At the moment I'm Driving an Ibiza 1.2Tsi, which is cheap on insurance, £30 Tax and does 50MPG on my daily commute.

I'm loathed to get something that's going to hurt my pocket a lot more on a weekly basis, but do want something more powerful and looks well. With that in mind I thought about the 185 PS diesel, rather than the more powerful petrol. What are the opinions on the diesel?

Speaking as an ex owner of the original TDCI Sport focus which was effectively an ST170 diesel I'd say do it.. I am interested in the new diesel ST myself.. I want the sports seats and the styling and all the extras and I really don't need the 0-60 time and care not about the slightly nose heavy handling.. The in gear acceleration and the fact you don't have the fill the damn thing up every 2 minutes like I did with my old ST2 is a major draw along with the cheaper insurance etc.

Associate
How much is a Silver Focus ST2, 2006 reg, 117k, Cat D, coilovers, FMIC, remap to 270-280ish, Exhaust, dump valve... worth? I've been offered one from a friend and wondering if it is a bargin to be had.

Associate
Speaking as an ex owner of the original TDCI Sport focus which was effectively an ST170 diesel I'd say do it.. I am interested in the new diesel ST myself.. I want the sports seats and the styling and all the extras and I really don't need the 0-60 time and care not about the slightly nose heavy handling.. The in gear acceleration and the fact you don't have the fill the damn thing up every 2 minutes like I did with my old ST2 is a major draw along with the cheaper insurance etc.

This is my thinking, it has poke (more so if remapped), sensible on insurance, cheap running and upkeep cost, whilst having all the features you could want. All at a decent price. Kind of ticks all the boxes for me I think.

Soldato
I would say 3.8k-4K for a cat D with high mileage like that. I only paid 5k for my 2006 with 70k on would so u would normally knock about 1k off for Cat D cars going by prices on internet

Soldato
So if I can get it for 2.5K I shouldn't think twice?

Sounds suspicious. A 2007 cat D should still be worth around the just under 4K mark as a normal mint 07 ST would be worth around 6k.
Worth a punt I guess if it's got full service history and had the cambelt done! And as long as u have at least 1k aside to fix anything that breaks and for maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom