Joe Lycett - Qatar/Beckham debate

Personally I think we will see a renaissance of the middle east within the next 20 years. The world cup is just the beginning.
while i would love for you to be right, i just don't see the middle east progressing away from their utterly abhorrent cultural and religious beliefs in such a short space of time. i could be wrong of course but it just seems like there's too much oil money and too much power in the hands of a very small number of people for them to want the region to 'progress'

while i would love for you to be right, i just don't see the middle east progressing away from their utterly abhorrent cultural and religious beliefs in such a short space of time. i could be wrong of course but it just seems like there's too much oil money and too much power in the hands of a very small number of people for them to want the region to 'progress'
Just look at what has happened in Saudi Arabia in a few short years. They have realised the oil gravy train is coming to an end.

Called it right here:

And this Joe Lycett guy now looks like a total ****.

Called it here slightly better than you did and before this topic even existed :p

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/football-banter-thread.18551453/page-220#post-36007214 and

Persia's decline happened after it tried to invade Europe didnt it, ditto the arab world and Islam with the 1st crusade. The barbaric comment was more aimed at the americas, unless you think the constant warfare of the indian tribes in north america was all handshakes and working things out over a bowl of ice cream, ditto the empires of south america.

Infantino aimed the comment at Europe, as a European. That we should not be sceptical of Qatari laws and customs. Fair play, on one level I agree with him. Fifa contracted yto play football in that country. So we play football and hold our noses. Everybody knew what the score was or should have done. They wouldn't repeal all their legislation for a footie match or two.

Is it illegal in those other countries with hefty a prison sentance and or death though?

Love how you turn it all around to make Muslims the victims, well played. Own your prejudice, stop the fake tears, it's nauseating.

Does it make a difference illegal or not, Putin is disgusted by homosexuals and so are South Africans.

They're killed with impunity in both countries, Russia killed thousands of civilians in Syria no one boycotted there World Cup.

BBC displayed there opening ceremony just fine.

Your type want everyone to have the same views and then cry and moan like babies when people think differently.

At least we have morals and values and stand up for them, what do you lot do put your parents in old people's home and let them suffer.

Full of ****.

Na, they just move to the UK then demand "respect" and "tolerance", all while being little violent bearded fascists, such a cringe religion.

So what is free speech? Is it just for you and what you think is morally correct?

Violent? Whose the sobs who invaded Iraq for **** all and killed hundreds of thousands who props up Israel and there apartheid regime?

Who started World War one and two.

a lot of us are born here and contribute a lot to this country.

And this Joe Lycett guy now looks like a total ****.

I don't get why he's having a go at Beckham, Beckham is just involved in some sort of periphery way to promote the thing. Why isn't he asking the players to quit/not play? Or asking the BBC to boycott it etc..?

I mean he's employed by the BBC from time to time and has contacts there - demand that they don't cover it/don't promote it?

Of course, that would perhaps put his income at risk. Beckham is a far easier target for him than his own employer and it's only cost him 10k... which for all we know could have been budgets from whatever his regular annual charity donation is anyway so perhaps cost him nothing at all... and of course, he's got a bunch of free publicity from this which is potentially worth way more than the 10k donation anyway.

So what is free speech? Is it just for you and what you think is morally correct?

Violent? Whose the sobs who invaded Iraq for **** all and killed hundreds of thousands who props up Israel and there apartheid regime?

Who started World War one and two.

Oh no, they can say what they want, its the violence and intimidation that I cant stand.

Why do muslims always do this, is this in the playbook? Always deflect to the jews and who started WW1/2.

I remember when Peter Tatchell went to protest outside a mosque about some LGBT issue, the first thing the first muslim guy who he spoke to said, "why dont you go protest outside a synagogue" its like youre robots, really predictable robots.

Does it make a difference illegal or not, Putin is disgusted by homosexuals and so are South Africans.

They're killed with impunity in both countries, Russia killed thousands of civilians in Syria no one boycotted there World Cup.

Your type want everyone to have the same views and then cry and moan like babies when people think differently.

At least we have morals and values and stand up for them, what do you lot do put your parents in old people's home and let them suffer.

Full of ****.
Your type, your lot. Bigot much?

Oh by the way, thinking differently would infer that you came to your own conclusions rather than being instructed on them from a book.

ah yea? Beckham didn't bite. He's still attending. We are overwhelmingly watching the world cup.
Which Lycett predicted having already donated the money before his first video even went out.

All a load of ****, Russia is homophobic so is south Africa where was this Joe lycett then?

SA legalised same-sex marriage long before any part of the UK did.

Full of ****.

I have my differences with Muslims, and some races in general, I admit, but I loved this post as it shows courage, forthrightness and no sop to tedious political correctness. Whether it be Trump, Musk or this football thread, what is apparent is the left do not like to any right wing or anti deviant views to have a world stage, and they will squeak and squawk, stamp their feet and take a faux moral high ground if their echo chamber views are questioned or challenged. Well said B&W, nil desperandum carburundum illegitimi ;)

Back
Top Bottom