***kickstarter***

Soldato
Finally received my 101hero 3d printer 6 months late....

IMG_20170511_134731.jpg~original

IMG_20170511_141227.jpg~original

Completely unuseable then. Not holding out hopes for their customer support either.

Man of Honour
OP
yeah I wouldn't hold your breath, makers muse had to fix his and even when fixed it was totally useless. but then it always was going to be, under powered and far to cheap.

Soldato
yeah I wouldn't hold your breath, makers muse had to fix his and even when fixed it was totally useless. but then it always was going to be, under powered and far to cheap.

I'd at least want to be able to find out it was underpowered lol, looks like I'm never going to get that far unless I rebuild it myself.

Its surprisingly expensive considering the quality of the components

Man of Honour
OP
the glass is easy to replace, just go get a bit from a local glazers they can cut it to size, or buy a bit of build tak or one of the other beds of ebay, the fan is only the casing so pull that away and that should still work.

Soldato
the glass is easy to replace, just go get a bit from a local glazers they can cut it to size, or buy a bit of build tak or one of the other beds of ebay, the fan is only the casing so pull that away and that should still work.

Yeah will end up doing that, Just annoying as I havent really got the time or space atm so itll have to wait for a few months.

Man of Honour
OP
yeah when you do watch makers muse, been a while since he released that video. but iircone of the imit switches was broken and if you ever jam it up you wil almost certainly break the motors.

Man of Honour
OP
handles look terribly uncomfortable.
low Rockwell rating imo
and the Damascus is almost certainly for show rather than performance.

and pretty darn cheap.

Caporegime
Bloody hell, those knives are taking the mick aren't they? "Japanese steel" - what's so special about Japanese steel? It's hardly a samurai sword, is it? And according to their video they've won loads of awards and made 5 knife ranges, so why the Kickstarter? It's like they made the knives specifically for the Shoreditch hipster crowd.

Caporegime
Bloody hell, those knives are taking the mick aren't they? "Japanese steel" - what's so special about Japanese steel? It's hardly a samurai sword, is it? And according to their video they've won loads of awards and made 5 knife ranges, so why the Kickstarter? It's like they made the knives specifically for the Shoreditch hipster crowd.

it's free marketing to a huge market

Soldato
My cousin has designed this wine decanter/preserver https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/etowine/eto-a-beautiful-innovation-in-wine-preservation

It was funded in about 36 hours :o

I've never backed anything on KS before but this looks great, gone for the copper version.

I rarely open a bottle of wine as there's only me drinking it and sometimes I only want the one glass, with this I can have a glass the following week.

Thanks for the heads up and tell your cousin great work.

Caporegime
My cousin has designed this wine decanter/preserver https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/etowine/eto-a-beautiful-innovation-in-wine-preservation

It was funded in about 36 hours :o
I've never backed anything on KS before but this looks great, gone for the copper version.

I rarely open a bottle of wine as there's only me drinking it and sometimes I only want the one glass, with this I can have a glass the following week.

Thanks for the heads up and tell your cousin great work.
looks good - I'm in for one as well!

£60-£100 to preserve a £5 bottle of wine for 10 days?

you could just buy a smaller bottle or just drink the bottle over 2-3 days if you only drink 1 glass at a time.

i did see it but then i thought to myself it's useless in reality. if i open a bottle i'll drink the bottle otherwise don't open the bottle in the first place have a can or a shot.

Soldato
Not sure if anyone else backed Sense (smart alarm/sleep monitor), but after two years the company behind it are hanging up their boots. The product was delivered (slightly late) but a lot of features were missing. V2 of their product integrates voice recognition (WHY??!?!). Now they've ran out of money and the product will stop working.

Back
Top Bottom