LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Soldato
Tanks bud

Are they reputable though? I did find this, but have always bought "expensive" things from JLP or Richer sounds just to be a bit safer.

Haven't bought a TV from them, but have other items and seem fine. Trust pilot seems okay as well:

Soldato
Haven't bought a TV from them, but have other items and seem fine. Trust pilot seems okay as well:

Yeah i was just reading the same

Ive emailed my local RS store to see if they will price match them, so lets see what comes of that.

EDIT:

I think ive finally decided on the LG C1 - hopefully will be as good as I hope!

Soldato
Does anyone use the (what I presume to be) IR receiver.. The wire with the two black hemisphere things on it?
The remote seems to work fine without it.. Was just wondering what the point of it is?

Soldato
Does anyone use the (what I presume to be) IR receiver.. The wire with the two black hemisphere things on it?
The remote seems to work fine without it.. Was just wondering what the point of it is?

I've wondered the same thing as well. It makes no difference if the IR receiver is plugged in or not, the remote still works.
I have a sneaky feeling the IR receiver may have have more to do with other remotes working through the TV than the TV's own remote itself.

Soldato
Is this a G series? They come with an IR emitter I believe...

In terms of general IR, yes there's still a receiver - it's used for ordinary IR remotes and the power button on the Magic Remote. The Magic Remote then switches to RF signals if it is paired, if it's not paired then it sends signals over IR until it pairs.

Soldato
Is this a G series? They come with an IR emitter I believe...

In terms of general IR, yes there's still a receiver - it's used for ordinary IR remotes and the power button on the Magic Remote. The Magic Remote then switches to RF signals if it is paired, if it's not paired then it sends signals over IR until it pairs.

aH OK, mines a C2 42". So I guess it's just a legacy device/thing then? I'm not entirely sure what you mean lol!

It looks like this:

images

Soldato
Hi all, I am looking at a C1 as well to replace my ageing but still great Sony 4K LED. I mainly use it for PS5 for gaming and movies. Would I be correct in saying that the linked above is the one to go for?

Soldato
Hi all, I am looking at a C1 as well to replace my ageing but still great Sony 4K LED. I mainly use it for PS5 for gaming and movies. Would I be correct in saying that the linked above is the one to go for?
I ended up getting my local RS to price match the Smiths online link, so might be worth a go.

Mine is coming Friday, although already thinking i should have punted for the C2.... Ah well im sure i will love it anyway and have the extra cash spare.

Soldato
Might be struggling with local RS as its over in Nottingham and my car is hybrid so the back seat doesn't fold down. I can borrow the works van but only for local runs so if i get it delivered to work i can run it home. I have thought about the C2 but from reviews it doesnt look like a massive upgrade (Altho it does weigh significantly less and the processor is a bit better) for the money. I have also seen from reviews and setup videos the C2 doesnt look like it has a option that the C1 (Black Frame Insertion) that gives the PS5 a better fluidity. Oh and about £1k is going to be my limit really.

Soldato
Might be struggling with local RS as its over in Nottingham and my car is hybrid so the back seat doesn't fold down. I can borrow the works van but only for local runs so if i get it delivered to work i can run it home. I have thought about the C2 but from reviews it doesnt look like a massive upgrade (Altho it does weigh significantly less and the processor is a bit better) for the money. I have also seen from reviews and setup videos the C2 doesnt look like it has a option that the C1 (Black Frame Insertion) that gives the PS5 a better fluidity. Oh and about £1k is going to be my limit really.
With my branch you can order over the phone and have a home delivery, at least thats what they offered for me at no extra charge!

Soldato
Don't quote me but I think it might be to do with the region it is for like Europe or whatever. I think they are the same thing but get confirmation first

Back
Top Bottom