Luther.

Soldato
I thought this series was amazing, I came to it very late when it was all out and watched the whole lot in about a week with the wife. Loved it.

Shame no Alice as she was brilliant, but looking forward to it all the same.

Soldato
HOLY THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN!! :D

And I apologise for it. It's just I couldn't find another thread about Luther. I am obviously very late to the show, only starting watching it last week.

It's brilliant. Sure it's a little cliched, but, it doesn't take away from how good the show is.

My only problem is that I didn't realise that there are only 4 episodes per season!! I watched a few episodes and I couldn't believe it when it said Season 2 episode 2, thought I had messed up somehow in Netflix and jumped ahead.

Finally found a show I really like and was happy there were 4 seasons to find out that they are so short is disappointing.

Soldato
Sad thing is though the newest season was the weakest by a country mile and then some, I don't hold much faith for newer ones since then. I think the originals were so good as they had such a tight narrative path, the newest one was just cashing in and suffered for that.

Soldato
Sad thing is though the newest season was the weakest by a country mile and then some, I don't hold much faith for newer ones since then. I think the originals were so good as they had such a tight narrative path, the newest one was just cashing in and suffered for that.

Yeah, the last two episodes were weak compared to the previous 3 seasons. Still watchable though.

I am hoping that they learned from that and that the new episodes will be pretty good. Yes, I am maybe been a bit optimistic!! :)

Soldato
Yeah, the last two episodes were weak compared to the previous 3 seasons. Still watchable though.

I am hoping that they learned from that and that the new episodes will be pretty good. Yes, I am maybe been a bit optimistic!! :)

Really hope they far as I loved the earlier so much, think I watched the whole lot in 2 nights as I came to it late.

Soldato
opinions ?
just become another formulaic detective show - brooding detective, they have to create some unusual sexual taste for the killer (click-bait/titillation) to make up for the boredom, probably going to get his partner or other policeman killed ... BTDTGTP not a patch on Rebus/Prime Suspect/cracker

- on iplayer looks like they did not release whole series just next episode

Back
Top Bottom