Marvel Vs Capcom 3

With Wolverine spamming dive kicks into a 640+ damage combo without DHC or XFactor makes him an amazing easy mode character.

Dirty tricks like A B C+P1 (Dante is great for this) B.slash into whatever combo you desire is also great.

Great newbie characters are Wolverine, Dante, Sentinel, Hulk, Wesker, Amaterasu, Super Skrull, Zero and Trish as they all do huge damage via incredibly easy setups or are very easy to play well.

You forgot 'zoning' magneto

Last edited:
I do use wolverine, i'll try using the crossup.
Something which someone (who was also playing as wolverine) was doing to me was doing a standard combo>air combo then finishing the air combo with that downward kick which allows them to launch me one more time. What combo can you use in the air to setup that kick? Everything I tried makes the downward kick miss.

After launcher, (M) M H Drill Dive kick

against Tron, dont use either M. (unless in corner, etc)

Basic wolverine combo variations

whatever -> Launcher, SJ, M, H, Drill, Dive kick, (H), followed by either

Level 3

or

S, SJ, (M), M, H, followed by either

(drill), Hyper (the one that fires out an x 'beam')

or

S, otg slide, comboing assist, folowed by either

(no meter use) S, SJ, H, S, call assist for mixup after otg, otg slide

or

berserker barrage, Hyper level 1 or level 3

Last edited:
I do use wolverine, i'll try using the crossup.
Something which someone (who was also playing as wolverine) was doing to me was doing a standard combo>air combo then finishing the air combo with that downward kick which allows them to launch me one more time. What combo can you use in the air to setup that kick? Everything I tried makes the downward kick miss.

cl m cm h s jm jm jh jdrill jdive h s jm jm jh jdrill (jsuper)/(jm jm jh)

585 without super, 640 with super and builds over 1.25 meter from start to finish.

He's such an easy mode character, you can start with a dive kick to l m h instead of cl m cm h.

That's without doing anything with assists/DHC/XFactor!!!

Sorry Kreeee, I don;t know what most of that string of characters mean. :p
I will try those combos out.
What is OTG slide?

Are there any decent guides written up on the internet? I have had a look but haven't been able to find anything decent.

otg = on the ground. Wolverine's down-forward-medium attack is the OTG slide.

cl m cm h s jm jm jh jdrill jdive h s jm jm jh jdrill (jsuper)/(jm jm jh)

crouching-light medium crouching-medium heavy special jumping-medium etc...

Could anyone who knows something about this game help me out?

Is Dantes down S in the air (the big sword) that causes knockdown punishable on block? I cant figure out if it is or not, if I block and can never land l's on them afterwards. Can't tell if its the lag or just safe on block. cheers

My testing says its -5 if blocked at point blank. Could be punished by raging demon, wolverine standing L, but not crouching L. Need to mash or spend time practicing the timing to punish it though.

Best thing to do is dash forward before it comes down, in my experience.

Edit: crouching L can punish it, so it's -6 at least. Hard to land even with turbo on.

Last edited:
Nope, they took 400k off sentinels health but his health was never the problem. Phoenix, Wesker, Dante, Wolverine, Akuma, Sentinel and 1 or 2 others are still clearly top.

dante needs a nerf on his damage it's too easy to send in sent drones and teleport behind and start a 100% with dante you cant block both directions at once it's an unblockable assist setup

magnetos level 3 shouldn't be an otg either

dante needs a nerf on his damage it's too easy to send in sent drones and teleport behind and start a 100% with dante you cant block both directions at once it's an unblockable assist setup

magnetos level 3 shouldn't be an otg either

it is not unblockable! its just a normal crossup that you have to block opposite direction.

Unblockables only occur if you need to block high and low at the same time.
When you've got stuff coming at you left and right, push away from their point character.

A lot of the defense in this game is about not putting yourself in risky positions, e.g. if you see drones coming, don't just hold down back and watch them approach.

the best way to deal with drones is super jump to avoid the mix-up. but beware where you are jump to, because your character cant turn around while jumping (unless you fly) so your back is open all the time. normal jump is great on this game because you only have to block one direction (no high or low) and you cant hit by a unblockable whlie jumping

when you block the opposite direction you get hit by dante on the other side

it still beats most players online imo try it and you'll see

sorry to say, but i have way dirtier tricks compare to this with Dormammu.

lay down the flame pit and teleport behind with m or h, because they have to block high to stop my attack, but they would get to by the flame pit which you have to block low. and it is a crossup, or i can fake it with a forward air dash h so it hits front. this set-up is near unblockable and you get a free launch combo after this, with a otg assist its a death combo in the corner

i can do a similar trick with dr doom's hidden missiles which is you can hide him by doing the assist near the end of the screen and do the teleport the instant you call him. you should try this instead, its easy and very cheap.;)

Back
Top Bottom