Marvel Vs Capcom 3

If i remember right, you had concerns on balance before also?
I don't know who told you that, but the game isn't unbalanced to the point where it's only worth playing after a balance patch.
You'll find a much larger range of characters being used frequently, compared to SSF4.

My only major gripe with the game is xfactor.

If i remember right, you had concerns on balance before also?
I don't know who told you that, but the game isn't unbalanced to the point where it's only worth playing after a balance patch.
You'll find a much larger range of characters being used frequently, compared to SSF4.

My only major gripe with the game is xfactor.

Think il pick it up, does it have a training mode and challenge mode so I can learn some combos?

Better training mode and challenge mode. Challenge mode actually teaches you useful combos :o

Despite what i've said though, you might not like the game. Quite a lot of OcUkers tried the game for a day or two, then gave up and went back to SF4.

the game was never unbalanced! sure there are some clear top tier characters like phoenix, dante, wesker, wolverine, the dog, magneto. but it is not like they are so far ahead the mid tier characters cant beat them, everyone has some good moves they can abuse, whether is assist or point, especially damage wise a lot of characters outside of the top tiers can pretty much touch of death people with the right assist.

my team is hulk, magneto, ironman, hardly top tier material. but i still beat some tier huggers because if hulk hits you, you are dead:)

most ocukers dont like it because they cant reactor fast enough to a combo, or mash out random dps and ultras, and the game is too technical in terms of how to defend yourself against cheap moves and team building.

the game was never unbalanced! sure there are some clear top tier characters like phoenix, dante, wesker, wolverine, the dog, magneto. but it is not like they are so far ahead the mid tier characters cant beat them, everyone has some good moves they can abuse, whether is assist or point, especially damage wise a lot of characters outside of the top tiers can pretty much touch of death people with the right assist.

my team is hulk, magneto, ironman, hardly top tier material. but i still beat some tier huggers because if hulk hits you, you are dead:)

most ocukers dont like it because they cant reactor fast enough to a combo, or mash out random dps and ultras, and the game is too technical in terms of how to defend yourself against cheap moves and team building.

Appreciate the insight, sounds like a nice change to SF4 well until AE comes out

Is BB Hood in this yet?

no, i want her as well, funny character.

arth, you will be pleased to hear i switched my team to hulk, dormammu, ironman

my hulk death combo is still alive, but i had to tweak the combo a little bit (stupid scaling), so no more mindless series for me. on the up side the damage gone up to 940 000 average and 971 000 max, so almost all character would be granted instant death if i touch you with hulk.

and i now have a semi-touch of death combo with dormammu, which does around 840 000, tiny bit from killing most top tier, but its certain death for them if i add a jump-in.

and only downside is, the dark hole assist is not very good and building meter is a lot harder without magneto's fly combo and beam

I can get this for £18 is it still unbalanced? Any news on patches?

It's the best fighting game by miles and still will be after AE comes out so many options so much depth and so much FUN

I bought mk9 on release day and mvc3 remains in the drive this game is well worth £18.

AE is just ssf4 with a couple new characters and balance changes wow big deal who cares sf4 is so stale now.

Last edited:

arth, we should challenge mago to a mvc3 money match! this might be our only chance to beat the 2d god! tokido's team is too cheap! wolverine and sentinel is hard enough to deal with as it is, and he still has dark phoenix if they both die...

EDIT: come on lads, join the marvel fun! i know everyone loves mvc3;):)

Last edited:
Not from here, and there are only 2 active players on the 360 version. SRK, electronicdojo and neoempire have a large online fanbase though, it's just that people on here find anything more complex than SSFIV generally undesirable,

Not from here, and there are only 2 active players on the 360 version. SRK, electronicdojo and neoempire have a large online fanbase though, it's just that people on here find anything more complex than SSFIV generally undesirable,

Cheers Kreeeee, I'll have a look, and I dunno if I'll be any good at the game, but I'm trying to get back into beat' um ups, used to play them a lot years ago but kinda went off them, got back into them with MK9 and I've just picked up this and SSFIV for the PS3

Call me Bret 'The Hitman' Hart now, cos I just completed all missions :D
Overall easier than SSF4 challenges though, and certainly took less time to complete.

Back
Top Bottom