Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Associate
I'm so good, it feels like i have four when you play me!

But i learned a lot last night, hit training mode and figured out how to do air combo transfer thing?

Still struggling with dante advanced combos though :(

Associate
I'm so good, it feels like i have four when you play me!

But i learned a lot last night, hit training mode and figured out how to do air combo transfer thing?

Still struggling with dante advanced combos though :(

Don't worry about advanced combos, the small amount of extra damage isn't a big deal when you either need two combos to kill anyway, or a DHC would kill anyway. You do get more meter, but so does your opponent. Overall it is good, but nothing to worry about not being able to do at first.

The air exchange? Do you know how to DHC?

Free for some practice today?

Associate
Be free from 9pm.

I know how to DHC, that when you super, then do another super, to either get more damage or safely take out a character right?

I don't know how to do the glitch yet, if its still possible.

Soldato
dhc glitch is no longer possible. if you are talking about the air exchange, it is for more meter, change characters, and scrubs that doesnt know how to do a proper combo. this is basically done pressing a direction and s at the same time during a launch combo. up for slightly more damage, side ways for taking meter away from your opponent and down for more meter.

dont worry about the advance combo, even i am struggling to do it in a match.

Last edited:
Soldato
ggs everyone.

i see a noticeable improvement in your play ravl. i think you are going to well in the tournament.

you are pretty decent at finish your plate with wolverine. you just need to learn to do this with dante, akuma and sentinel.

with dante just air dash a lot and keep it simple and do this combo: m, h, s, j.m, j.h, qcf l, s, j.h, qcf h, gun hyper

remember he has decent zoning too with qcf h, air qcf m, qcf l and press l again (hammer) and qcf s in devil trigger.

and with sentinel just do this combo: m, s, j.h, s, dash, qcf l, plasma storm.

btw, i am pleased to remain unbeaten if phoenix wright turns gold:) and i will teach you the advance dante combo when the tournament is over.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, yeah i feel my game is getting better as i learn the basics :)

I just don't know what to do when i'm getting zoned or in the corner.

But i guess practice makes perfect!

Associate
To get out of the corner, I mostly push block then super jump out.
You can do character specific things, such as horizontal drill claw out with wolverine, although some characters can punish.

As for being zoned, if they are midscreen, then the easier thing is to super jump towards, then hold back if there's anything to airblock. If they're near the corner, do a combination of wavedash then block, or normal jump forward with block. If you SJ, they can wavedash under you and out of the corner.

You can move your character left and right while jumping too.

Last edited:
Soldato
i am considering switch nova to frank west for my main team, sacrificing some power for a real assist. i think dante and strider rush down is a lot stronger with the shopping cart and i can air exhchange from dante into frank west to get instant lv4. the only problem i could think of is dhc from dante into strider, which does very poor damage and doesnt even hit half the time.

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Akuma is easy, Viper is meant to be pretty hard!

If this game is popular when I finish my project (end of Jan) I'm going to pick this up!

Associate
I think i prefer it over SF now.

Now that i kinda know what i'm doing, it's a lot more fun, to the point where i'm putting the time into training.

Man of Honour
I've always liked it more than SF, but was never able to get my head around Vanilla. Probably because I spent all my time in training mode.

Associate
With wolverine, make sure you practice the following combo enders:

call assist (jam session or akuma tatsu), followed immediately by berserker slash, dive kick, H, S, SJ, M, H, Drill claw, back spasms. practice the dash + assist version too!

dive kick (no ground bounce), M, H, S, SJ, M, M, H, drill claw, dive kick, land, qcf + H (mash H), qcf + M + H to push them into the corner.

If it does ground bounce, then follow with 'H, S, SJ, M, H, Drill claw, back spasms'

Last edited:
Soldato
i think this game is more rewarding than ssf4 and mvc3, it is still very hard to get out of mix-ups (random hyper and mashing wont work) and you can control space a lot better in umvc3 and xfactor comeback is a lot harder to do now (unless you have lv3 strider with orbs, vergil with spinning sword, or good old dark phoenix). although i prefer the long combos, crazy damage and dhc glitch in old mvc3.

i am still struggling with hawkeye and strider. i cant beat akuma (or anyone that is fast and/or have the ability to beat/avoid the arrow) at all with hawkeye and my strider simply dont have the fear factor and touch of death my wesker once have. i wish someone could teach me something to get better with them. eventhubs and srk forums is next to useless for new characters, full of scrubs complaining about them not being as broken as wesker and vergil.

Last edited:
Associate
i think do dp into back spasms is better for the ender. because you can get another one off it if you practice a bit.

If you need the extra hyper for the kill, a dhc would be better guaranteed hit and kill. If you're only going to end the combo with 1 hyper, and it will kill, then back spasms is better since it does more damage. But if it doesn't kill, the opponent ends up behind you, and recovers quickly so you can't set up your wakeup mixup.

Btw, it's you that ravl is asking for akuma and viper info ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
well i dont play akuma so i dont have much to say about him other than spam the tatsu and go for the odd dive kick and palm off the demon filp. and use the air demon flip to avoid anti airs.

with viper, i air dash a lot behind a lock down assist and go for quick high/lows by canceling the air dash into j.l or j.h, and use neither s.l or c.m for lows. i always end my block strings with neither seismic hammer or medium thunder knunckle, because you cancel jump cancel the seismo at anytime, you can neither air dash back in or go for tiger knee seismos pressure, so it is impossible to stay away from viper pressure.

thunder knuckle is safe, gives frame advantage on block with feint on hit, and really easy to hit confirm into a full combo with cancels into ex seismo or ex thunder knuckle, and if you cancel it into ex seismo, you can jump cancel like you do with the normal me. you can also use ex seismo to beat any move from close to mid range because it is invulnerable and because of jump cancels it has no recovery. ex thunder knuckle can counter any normal projectiles from full screen you can use that to get though some zoning tactics.

if you are good at tiger knee seismos, it is a stupidly good zoning tool and very hard to get though without a super jump.

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally got my hands on the bradygames guide for this, will get a proper look at it in a few days when I have time but briefly looking at it this morning it looks really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom