Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Man of Honour
My team is Wolverine, Nova (740k unassisted, non-X Factor damage that gains meter overall or over 1 million using up ~1.5 meter) and Doom (730k unassisted, non-X Factor damage that gains meter overall or over 1 million using up ~1.5 meter).

Is it worth swapping Nova out for Magnus? Obviously I like my teams not to require assists for extending combo's and prefer a trap and disruption assists for space control. I don't really like Nova though as he's almost as derp as Wolverine with his 3x H fly/unfly launch 3x H fly/unfly loops.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it worth swapping Nova out for Magnus? Obviously I like my teams not to require assists for extending combo's and prefer a trap and disruption assists for space control. I don't really like Nova though as he's almost as derp as Wolverine with his 3x H fly/unfly launch 3x H fly/unfly loops.

magneto's combos are much harder to do, and required a lot more work than nova to get the same damage, but obviously he is faster and have better high/lows than nova. i think nova is as derp as wolverine, his priority and air throws are insane.

nova's zoning with energy javelin behind his mirror thing is pretty good. and it is very easy to catch people try to move forward to avoid the javelin (if they fail javelin will hit them and ground bounce for a easy combo) with neither c.m slide or box jump h (os air throw) and both of them can lead to tod.

i dont think the disruptor or the hyper grab add much to wolverine, while the wall bounce punch assist nova has can extend combos and do some dirty mix-ups.

Associate
Ok I sat last night, and basically just went through every player (and I mean every player) 3 different players each time and tried out their moves, some are amazing others I find a bit silly.

I went through a lot of the missions but to be honest I only got as far level 5 with each (noob I know lol), it seems a lot of them have the same bread and butter air combos, L,M,H,S UP MM, H,S which is pretty cool.

This looks like its going to be the hardest fighting game to get my head round pfffft, roll on lab time.

Associate
So yeah, i was trying to do some secret marvel training last night....

Magneto is hard, but i like his triangle jumps, still can't get the air h, air dash loop :(

Associate
I've got dante's bnb down, but other than that, i can't do anything, vian and art will tell you how bad it is.

I need the lab time, otherwise all i'll ever have is bnb's, and won't learn the game.

You have to have a even mix if you're just starting out like i am.

For the 5th time haha (sowy art and vian xxx)

Man of Honour
I need the lab time, otherwise all i'll ever have is bnb's, and won't learn the game.

Quite the opposite, if you have lots of lab time all you'll have is bnb's.

Anyway, you have your methods and I have mine :)

By the way, why are you never at WSO? You have an incredible offline scene but never make use of it :(

Associate
I've got dante's bnb down, but other than that, i can't do anything, vian and art will tell you how bad it is.

You have to have a even mix if you're just starting out like i am.

For the 5th time haha (sowy art and vian xxx)

How many times did you do those drills I gave you?

Magneto has easier BnBs. The H dash H is mainly to carry opponents into the corner for a hyper grav, and involves fly and unfly, or to extend aerial exchanges.

Soldato
By the way, why are you never at WSO? You have an incredible offline scene but never make use of it :(

i am going next week and i have no money and its pretty far away for me! so you should go!

In MvC3 play time against real opponents is far more important than lab time.

this really depends on how comfortable are you with the character. with simple top tier characters like wolverine, wesker and hawkeye, no lab time is needed. but with characters like iron man and other low tier with hard combos and air conversion, a lot of lab time is needed before i even start taking on live opponents.

I've got dante's bnb down

you can do the combo i am doing now?!

Magneto is hard, but i like his triangle jumps, still can't get the air h, air dash loop :(

the main thing to practice with magneto and other tri jump characters is how to attack quickly out of an air dash. once you got that down, his combos becomes a lot easier and you mix-ups will be much stronger. anyway, since you are still playing this game, you should join my tournament. today is the first time ever, me and art got randoms to join our lobby, and they were worst than you, so dont feel bad about yourself:)

Last edited:
Soldato
you guys will be disappointed to hear this. i didnt get bodied by anyone, in fact i didnt even get to play, because there is no wso this week and i went there and wandered around like a fool:(

i really want to play though. back in the lab to train my new team for next time then.

Associate
I just discovered iron fist!

i like him a lot :D

Currently doing this combo:

l,m,h, hadouken m, s,m,m,h,s,huricane m,hadouken l, hadouken m, super

Just saw a combo vid... WOW

He is my new point man!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom