Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Soldato
That's the first time I've seen those Zero loops, I barely see Zero's online at all. I played a guy at the tournament on Monday who had a Zero but it wasn't very good.

Man of Honour
It's a shame as I think the game would have been a lot more popular if there were more useable characters online other than derp wolverine, akuma, sent etc :(

Soldato
It's a shame as I think the game would have been a lot more popular if there were more useable characters online other than derp wolverine, akuma, sent etc :(

hey i use dante, spiderman, iron man and other high execution character online. unless i am unhappy and/or someone put the lag switch on, i dont drop too many things. and arth's running tactics works reasonably well against my spiderman, but i can counter lame him depending on his characters.

the netcode isnt as bad as people make out to be, its about the same as sf4 if anything.

EDIT: there isnt as many wesker as i thought in winter brawl, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen a few Weskers, he's still seems to be pretty popular and for good reason. Although if you remember NEC, it seemed like every single team had Wesker as an anchor so this is definitely better. I've seen a few Skrull teams, makes me think about resurrecting my Super Skrull experiment.

Soldato
i just saw two players on winter brawl that are worst than anyone i have played here. they made me want to go there and beat their backside down! i am please there are a few spiderman on stream.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think character online useability was what held MvC3 back.
I mean, vian can do Dante's full BnB, with jump cancelled teleports and bold move cancelled teleports.
I can do most of Magneto's combos, incl. midscreen fly dash combo, ending with multiple hyper gravs in the corner.

Associate
You can do them against each other but how many randoms do you have a stable enough connection to?

Probably the same % as in SF4.
Could it be that the way combos are done in each game differs to the extent where you notice lag more in Marvel?
eg in SF4, difficult link combos can be done without looking at the screen once you've done it 100s of times, and it becomes a short button pressing rhythm. Whereas in MvC3, combos are longer, there can be more delays between button presses, so its more dependent on timing rather than muscle memory.

The derp team I mentioned for most games, offline it's Wolverine, Nova, Doom.

Which assist do you use for nova? Do you use it when wolverine is on point?

Man of Honour
Can't remember the name now (it's a saved load out) but it's the > Direct one that extends combo's via slide+assist.

Edit: You could be right about Marvel combo's. In SFIV if there's a little lag, my 2 framers still ALWAYS hit, in MvC3 I think my combo's vary based on pressing a button when the opponent is at a certain height (Doom loops are a perfect example) and I notice lag completely ruins that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok I need serious help (no pun intended).

I decided to start (yes you read correctly :)) playing this game today... did some missions, tried to do an online game and I got my bum handed to me in about 10 seconds flat.

Any tips on how to get into this game? I need a totally different mindset with this compared to SSF4.

Man of Honour
Start with Wolverine as your main character, he is by far the easiest to play.

You need to learn a BnB combo for each of your characters to start with, and movement is massively important in this game.

A good starting team is Wolverine (slash), Dante (jam), Sentinel (drones), and learn these very simple combo's (you can move onto assists, DHC's, better combo's etc later):

Wolverine: d.l m h s jm jm jh l+s d.h h s jm jm jh l+s qcb.super
Dante: (dd.s (teleport) jh m h s OR d.l m h s) jh qcf.l h s jm jm jh qcf.h qcf.super
Sentinel: jh/s d.m s jm jh js qcf.l qcf.super

Soldato
Ok I need serious help (no pun intended).

I decided to start (yes you read correctly :)) playing this game today... did some missions, tried to do an online game and I got my bum handed to me in about 10 seconds flat.

Any tips on how to get into this game? I need a totally different mindset with this compared to SSF4.

use my guide! http://viansrt.blogspot.com/search/label/umvc3

Start with Wolverine as your main character, he is by far the easiest to play.

wesker is the easiest to play. cant go wrong with gun and teleport!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom